Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alien Invasion - Question before the launch

ghostsamanghostsaman Member Posts: 48

Hi

I've pre orderd the game so I will get it tomorrow image. But still I got the same question that I've always asked my self....errr I asked it on the forums once to but I didn't get a good awanser. Maybe this time  someone can help me..Ok here we go :P

- Let's say... If a guy doesn't buy AI but his friend does how will RK look like to him? Like if his friend goes to a place where there is a "home - made" town and he tags along. How will it look like to him? His friend sees the town but he can't see it?

Or this . The friend goes to kill some aliens that are outside ..for example Rome and again the "guy without AI" tags along ..Then what happens?? How does it look like when his friend gets hit by aliens? Does he see his friend get hit by an invisible thing or what?!!image Please if someone knows tell me image

Comments

• AwololAwolol Member Posts: 34
    Maybe all this stuff AI is in a new restricted area that you need to use a teleporter to get too and you can only access the teleporter if you have the AI expansion pack installed.
    - just a guess  image

• WarcriminalWarcriminal Member Posts: 244

the guy without AI will still be able to see the town, and prolly also use some of it s facilities, but not recieve any mods from the town. He will not be able to buy and own structure. Just like NW.

Also, he will not be able to use weapons and gear that the aliens drop 

• GejianGejian Member Posts: 35
    If you do not have AI loaded, there will be specific places you can not go and things you will not have access to... Such as you will be able to enter a player made city. But you can not enter any of the buildings.  Also, you will not have access to any of the new levels or perks introduced in AI.  Some of the new Nanos you will see but not be able to use. Normal weapons will be added to the overall items base, so you will be able to use those, but its the NODROP ones you will not be able to get.  As with all items, if AI is required, it will say so on the item. So you maybe able to give it to your friend, but he could not use it. Now the tricky part. I think alien mobs will be added to the encounter list. So you may see them showing up on missions. However, I do not think you friend will be able to join you on Mothership attacks. Questions is "what happens if your in a city and it is attacked and you do not have AI?" mmm not sure.  Hope that helps.

• CzeffyrCzeffyr Funcom Comm. ManagerMember Posts: 38

What the last two replies above said. :)

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom