Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Instanced ?

Pyro240Pyro240 Member Posts: 194

So.. Is this game instanced ?

It looks very good, and definitely caught my eye, though I hope it is not instanced.

nom nom nom

Comments

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107

I don't think it will be "instanced" at least not in the way we're used to seeing it.  It definitely has a solid FPS vibe to it.  If anything, I think there will be battlefields that confer some kind of bonus that will give one guild an edge over others.  I'm more concerned with what they plan to do to make this more then "Team Fortress: The MMO."

• kverikkverik Member Posts: 55

Hey most websites have this wonderful thing called a faq (This stands for Frequently asked questions)

read it sometime....

# Q: How large is the game world and how is it arranged?

A: Global Agenda is all about special agents in the future fighting for control of certain key locations around the world, not tediously traveling between them. As such, the world is divided into zones that allow players to get into the action as fast as possible without a lot of down time between missions. A player could be hanging off of a glacier in Antarctica to avoid taking enemy fire in one mission, then leaping over the walls of a remote military base in the desert a few minutes later.

Thats all thats known it apears to be mm not instanced more like zoned Imo

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

aslong as the zones are massive, persistant and can fits tons of people in them. I am SOLD!

"persistant evolving online world" quote from video.

My blog: image

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

It IS most definitely instanced -- they have stated this very clearly in interviews and other sources. BUT, do not think for a second that what you do has no effect on the gameworld. What you accomplish or do not accomplish in an instance has a direct impact on how the world develops.  So if you fight an enemy agency in an instance, and lose, this may hurt your place in the world or other things, such as technological development.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

Originally posted by levsix

It IS most definitely instanced -- they have stated this very clearly in interviews and other sources. BUT, do not think for a second that what you do has no effect on the gameworld. What you accomplish or do not accomplish in an instance has a direct impact on how the world develops.  So if you fight an enemy agency in an instance, and lose, this may hurt your place in the world or other things, such as technological development.

yeah this seems to be what they are going for. I just hope they make them large battles and battlefields by release to get that massive feel.

• Jack_FrostJack_Frost Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Pyro240

It looks very good, and definitely caught my eye, though I hope it is not instanced.

The whole game is instanced, its lobby based (graphical lobby, not those shittiy korean type lobbies)

-----
    Pwning for a Cure, participant *cough* >_>

Originally posted by Jack_Frost

The whole game is instanced, its lobby based (graphical lobby, not those shittiy korean type lobbies)

which kills the majority of my interest to be honest.

• Timberwolf0Timberwolf0 Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Consensus

which kills the majority of my interest to be honest.

Same here.

Its a very fun game tho.

Originally posted by Consensus

Its a very fun game tho.

Yes, it is

-----

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

When I heard this game was going to be instanced I was over the moon! The graphics, setting and FPS-type action already had me drooling, but to find out you'd be able to log on and just 'get on with it' sold me.

Best PvP game I'm played to date: CoD4. Why? Because everyone gets straight into the thick of it without riding around on some poxy horse for 20 minutes looking for some action, only to stumble on a whole gang of enemies who then just proceed to flatten you like a bug.

I've been playing WAR and everytime I visit the WAR forums people are just moaning about how lame open RvR is and how everyone just plays scenarios. I can't understand why they just don't ditch open RvR completely and just create bigger, better scenarios. ORvR just doesn't work - most people don't want to hang about waiting for stuff to kill. I'm not the world's most experienced gamer but I've never played a game the offering free-roaming PvP that's actually worked. Maybe Darfkfall will change that, but I highly doubt it. If it's a hit, it won't be the free-for-all PvP that makes it.

PvP is 80% players, 20% game so unless you get bums-on-seats (people in the PvP area), nothing will happen. Zoning or big instances will MAKE this game, not break it. People need to get over the whole instance thing; too many folk are hung up on it as if there's no way it could ever possibly be a good thing.

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Yes, you will be able to get into the thick of it almost instantly, that's certainly a strong point for some types of PC gamers.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

Oh that sucks. I was checking out their home page and signed up for alpha/beta but now I have no interest in the game. All instancing sucks and should never be used in a MMOG.

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

Hopefully the maximum amount of people will be over 80ish people or else this is just Battlefield with a monthly fee.

Originally posted by CNUChavez

Hopefully the maximum amount of people will be over 80ish people or else this is just Battlefield with a monthly fee.

The game is built totally around 10 Vs. 10....that's like having a Snowmobile and taking it to a Stock Car race...its just not built for it.

But I agree, I honestly dont know how they plan to entice people to pay for it when there are *Free* Alternatives.

-----

• SnakeFaceSnakeFace Member Posts: 31

I'm gonna shoot whoever said it is lobby based. You take one step into the game and think that this is going to be the way it is when it will launch... ITS AN ALPHA!!!

Ok, for the people that heard him, let me clear something; ITS  NOT LOBBY BASED.

What he is talking about is your Agency 's(Guild, clan) home. Which is not going to be some "lobby"... gah...

Originally posted by SnakeFace

I'm gonna shoot whoever said it is lobby based. You take one step into the game and think that this is going to be the way it is when it will launch... ITS AN ALPHA!!!
    Ok, for the people that heard him, let me clear something; ITS  NOT LOBBY BASED.
    What he is talking about is your Agency 's(Guild, clan) home. Which is not going to be some "lobby"... gah...

It is lobby based...it just has a in game area for a lobby instead of a list of rooms and such.

There will be 'shared' lobbies (for people not in a player Agency) and Agency HQs that you go to, to do everything...those are lobbies.

The best way to discribe it is a Airport...You can go from Airport to Airport and from each Airport you can go do things outside ( in a instance ).

-----

Can we get some external verification of this lobby idea? Cite your sources gentlemen.

Originally posted by Timberwolf0

Cite your sources gentlemen.

Playing the game.

-----

If that screen shot you sent me, frost, is indeed genuine then it's unfortunate they are heading in that direction. Still the game is in the early development stages and hopefully they will move away from that.

Originally posted by Timberwolf0

If that screen shot you sent me, frost, is indeed genuine then it's unfortunate they are heading in that direction. Still the game is in the early development stages and hopefully they will move away from that.

They wont, its part of the grand scheme (the Design Docs are the their forums). They are really pushing the Hex map and to make it work in any 'convincing way' they have to have one server, and the only way to do that is to instance everything.

It really does work for this game and what they are going for....but its gonna be niche, a lot of people are not in their target audience.

-----

What's a Hex map?

• SnakeFaceSnakeFace Member Posts: 31

Ok seriously Jack, you are starting to say way too much. Also, you are not allowed to give out screenshots.

I can'e elaborate much (because unlike jack, i actually respect and honor the fact that i play), but what i will tell you is that calling the it a lobby is like calling a gun a hunk of metal. Technically, you are right,  but its a lot more than that, and a heck of a lot more complicated than what anyone on here would call a lobby. This is why you are not allowed to talk much about the alpha. If HiRez wanted to tell people a few alpha tester's oppinions on how the game is working in the alpha, or how they plan on doing it in the future, then rest assured they would, so don't do it for them.

Originally posted by SnakeFace

Ok seriously Jack, you are starting to say way too much. Also, you are not allowed to give out screenshots.
    I can'e elaborate much (because unlike jack, i actually respect and honor the fact that i play), but what i will tell you is that calling the it a lobby is like calling a gun a hunk of metal. Technically, you are right,  but its a lot more than that, and a heck of a lot more complicated than what anyone on here would call a lobby. This is why you are not allowed to talk much about the alpha. If HiRez wanted to tell people a few alpha tester's oppinions on how the game is working in the alpha, or how they plan on doing it in the future, then rest assured they would, so don't do it for them.

What do they call that thing you walk into when you go to the Airport? You know that big room, where everyone goes before they head off to their boarding sections......OH A LOBBY !!!!

What do they call that thing where you start out when you load into the game? you know that big room, where everyone goes before they head off to their Missions or to PvP.....OH A LOBBY!!! /facepalm

Reference:

lob⋅by

   [lob-ee] noun, plural -bies, verb, -bied, -by⋅ing.

–noun

1. an entrance hall, corridor, or vestibule, as in a public building, often serving as an anteroom; foyer.

2. a large public room or hall adjacent to a legislative chamber.

Its pretty much the clear cut proper usage of the word to describe what they are doing. It would be more like calling a Gun a Gun b/c that's what it is.

Also I didnt send him any pics of the game mister high and mighty, just a screen of my games list on STEAM. Also I am not giving out any info that was not given out at a public demostration (see sig) which is not bound by the NDA at all.

-----

• SEPPOSEPPO Member Posts: 3

People who says It's DEFINITELY FULLY instanced don't know what they are talking about.

There will be open world PvP in the game (that's what they said atleast) so It's DEFINITELY NOT fully instanced.