Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Transfers and the last few days...

I recently transferred my characters (21 Shadow Warrior, 20 Swordmaster, 8 Rune Priest) from Sea of Malice (a low/low pop server) to Magnus (now Med/Med). 

Before the Transfer

It wasn't easy to want to log in.  I enjoyed the game, but there just wasn't anyone around.  I wanted to go and pick a fight, but wandering aimlessly, looking for a shoulder to tap, produced few results.  I certainly had the feeling that leveling through open world PvP would not be an option.

I usually ground out some PQs for some decent equipment -- always keeping an eye on the keeps for that little, misleading explosion icon that would send me looking for a fight, only to find that some trickster had hit and run on his/her way through.  

Scenarios, not really my thing, weren't hard to find.  But again, not really my thing.  I hate canned arena fights.  There is some fun to be had, but doing them over and over is what we in the business call: Grinding.  Although, it was good practice for my Rune Priest, learning to keep a team alive.  So, maybe that is how I see it:  Practice.  But practicing for what?  

Anyway, that's how things were.  I'm a PvPer, and I had no PvP.  Therefore, I was losing the will to continue playing.  

Then came word of transfers... 

After the Transfer

War is Everywhere.  No kidding.

I logged into my Rune Priest and fought for an hour in Tier 1.  oRvR.  Large groups vs. Actual Large Groups.  There was an ebb and flow, with us pushing to their side and then being pushed back to our side.  I got level 10 just through PvP.  And I didn't even notice the time go by.  It was that much fun.  People would say things like, "Hey, we should take this group into scenarios! We would be great!", and people would ignore them.  Yeah.  I like that.  I was already having the best time.  I didn't want to log out and miss any of the non-stop action.  Then a friend of mine logged in his level 20 and went to tier 2.  I get this, "Dude, get over here, you're going to love this."  I argued, "No, get to tier 1, this has been great."  He repeats himself.  I log out and bring my Shadow Warrior on.  He is right.  40+ vs 40+ fighting in the woods of Troll Country.  Reminded me of the old days of Paint Ball.  Spread out in a ragged line from tree to tree.  People sending out groups to take nodes, the keep, defend, attack... My jaw dropped.  I played there for an hour and turned into a chicken.  Level 22.  

I announced it over the guild line, "Bugger all... I just leveled out of tier 2.  I'm now a chicken."  Someone laughs.  "Get over to tier 3, we're taking a keep!"  Eh?  Isn't tier 3 where nothing happens on a regular basis?  Nope.  I head out, join the warband, and there is fighting there as well.  

Heaven.   And it hasn't let up in days.    

Conclusion

If you're on a low/low pop server, you're missing out on the game.  oRvR is where it is at, and the last few days of gaming have been the best that I have ever personally witnessed.  If you don't believe me, come to Magnus.  Go to any med/med server.   I blame Mythic for creating too many servers at open and ruining the experience for so many.  War SHOULD have been everywhere.  But due to mismanagement, it was no where for so many.  This is a RvR game, and I see that now.  I'm glad I hung in there, and I hope that some of you will come over and contribute to the fun -- in this game, the more the merrier.  It's so casual friendly, if you have the money you can easily carry this game as a second or third.  I highly recommend it.  

Thanks for your time,

LC

Comments

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

Transfers are avilable? for US only or also for EU servers?

• ShadowhearthShadowhearth Member Posts: 174

yeah, how you transfer? i dont see any options in? and in account managment aswell.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

US has transfers now.

Europe is next i think.

BTW I think WAR was released with far to many servers in Europe.

Even WoW numbers couldnt fill that amount of servers.

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

you can only transfer if your on one of the server that they posted and you can only move to one the the other servers that they posted on there. it sucks bc im on ironfist and they didnt include for us to get new ppl on the server 

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Question:

What happens if you have 2 chars, one Order and one Dest on different servers, both OpenRvR.

During the current wave of transfers, there is an option to transfer from your Order server to your Dest server.

Problem is you can't have a char on both sides. So your Order Char can't transfer to you Dest Server, and is forced to stay, on the now fast becoming dead, Order server

What do you do?

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527
    Originally posted by VultureSkull

Question:
    What happens if you have 2 chars, one Order and one Dest on different servers, both OpenRvR.
    During the current wave of transfers, there is an option to transfer from your Order server to your Dest server.
    Problem is you can't have a char on both sides. So your Order Char can't transfer to you Dest Server, and is forced to stay, on the now fast becoming dead, Order server
    What do you do?

Each grouping of server type has more than one destination server. Either delete one character and play the other, or move the Order character to the other destination server.

• LuckyCurseLuckyCurse Member Posts: 394

You cannot transfer to a server in which you have characters in the opposing faction.  You would have to transfer to a different server or delete the characters from the opposing side.  I imagine this is a rare event, but could happen for Oceanic, or some such where the pickings are slim.  

- LC

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

My main character is on magnus, I dont see anything happening. By the way it was a med/med pop server from the start. Still even when it says that, you barely see people anywhere.

level 26 white lion

level 18 rune priest

level 23 ironbreaker

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Transfers have made a world of a difference.   Before, I rarely did oRvR or Scenarios.  T3 rarely popped, T4 was non-existant, and oRvR had zero resistance.  Now, they are non-stop and resistance comes almost immediatally.  These transfers are good for the game. Hopefully we'll hear news of someone sacking a cap city.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • LondonMagusLondonMagus Member Posts: 700
    Originally posted by LuckyCurse

I recently transferred my characters (21 Shadow Warrior, 20 Swordmaster, 8 Rune Priest) from Sea of Malice (a low/low pop server) to Magnus (now Med/Med). 
    Before the Transfer

It wasn't easy to want to log in.  I enjoyed the game, but there just wasn't anyone around.  I wanted to go and pick a fight, but wandering aimlessly, looking for a shoulder to tap, produced few results.  I certainly had the feeling that leveling through open world PvP would not be an option.
    After the Transfer
    War is Everywhere.  No kidding.
    Heaven.   And it hasn't let up in days.    
    Conclusion
    If you're on a low/low pop server, you're missing out on the game.  oRvR is where it is at, and the last few days of gaming have been the best that I have ever personally witnessed.  If you don't believe me, come to Magnus.  Go to any med/med server.   I blame Mythic for creating too many servers at open and ruining the experience for so many.  War SHOULD have been everywhere. But due to mismanagement, it was no where for so many.  This is a RvR game, and I see that now. I'm glad I hung in there, and I hope that some of you will come over and contribute to the fun -- in this game, the more the merrier.  It's so casual friendly, if you have the money you can easily carry this game as a second or third.  I highly recommend it.  
    Thanks for your time,
     LC

Very interesting indeed, thanks for posting.  

If you can't "Have your cake & eat it too", then how can "The proof of the pudding be in the eating"?

• SteelguruSteelguru Member Posts: 118

I'm glad that you are getting to experience some of the RvR fun.   When it isn't just flag-flipping, the large scale battles and open skirmishes are a blast.

I'm a little ticked at how they are handling the transfers though.   The more pop the better in this game.   I'm on one of the servers that is medium pop - in my opinion they should have allowed people to transfer to more than just a few servers.   Apparantly our pop was too high to be considered or something.

They need to consolidate servers, I think only a few if any are high/high.....and anything below that to me isn't acceptable with so many servers out there.   Mythic needs to just close all the low pop servers and offer transfer to any medium/high server out there.   They opened way too many to begin with.