Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's DAOC these days?

So how's dark age of camelot these days? Last time I heard it was still sucking pretty hard.

Is it any better than Shadowbane?

Comments

• .:GENACON:..:GENACON:. Member Posts: 17

Nope it still stinks.

Although i have not played for awhile.

.:GENACON:.
    The Mecha Samurai image

The Mecha Samurai
  • sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by .:GENACON:.

Nope it still stinks.

Although i have not played for awhile.

The Mecha Samurai image

First of all that is one awful reply.... You should have only posted if you played withing a couple of days, and yeah the game still is good as it has ALWAYS been. that is my opinion.

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Well, I reached the end early this year with EQ. It has died and the magic will never return. So, I played some CoH, and although it was extremely fun, I burnt out quickly (and I never power leveled or anything, just got bored). So out of that pure boredom I fired up SWG. Okay, SWG still mostly sux, but I found the BE pet crafting to be quite amazing and a real challenge. It isn't like any other crafting in any other game, and even gathering DNA is a blast. I was having fun there seeing what I could create when my brother begged and pleaded until I decided to try DAoC out again.

And so far, I must say I am having some fun. They have made some nice changes since I last played, and I always thought DAoC had the best PvP of any game out there. No trash talk, no griefing, just a pure PvP without a minority of players ruining the experience (the main reason I am mostly a PvE player). The graphics are looking dated, but an update is coming soon. Not sure why I left DAoC the first time (okay, still had that EQ bug), but I am having fun there for now.

BTW, the faster leveling helps. Leveling shouldn't be quite so mind numbingly slow in a game where PvP is the true end game.

image image

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
    i came back about 2months ago and am have some fun again .and is u like keep war fair the game has goten alot better .

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Moved to DAOC Forum.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• Gus69Gus69 Member Posts: 30

Don't know how anyone could say DAoC sux but I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion. Been playing DAoC now for over a month, got the Platinum pack about a week ago and its sooo much nicer. Gameplay and community are still excellent but the graphics are much better.

Cheers
    Gus

Gus Stavo (Eve)
    Merchant Marines

Champstavo (DAoC)
    Section Nine
    Gaheris Server, Hibernia

• lonelyrobotlonelyrobot Member Posts: 194

I'm sure it's great if you're in a prominent and powerful guild and actually have the time to level up all of the artifacts that've set the game even further off-balance. Speaking for myself, however, it was only as good as the company around me. Being in a small guild and alliance, we were rarely if ever taken along or needed for the higher master levels (therefore rendering us also fairly useless in realm vs realm). A trusty buff bot was always more useful than any of us were.

To beat it all? they're pretty much handing out levels these days due to the fact that anyone who has attained 50 (the level cap) can level immediately to 20 on all new characters. Now the starter dungeons are ghost towns, the uber guilds with all of the artifacts have stronger buffbots and the people that genuinely -fought- to get to level 50, such as my tiny guild, feel like they've accomplished absolutely nothing by the new "free level a week" campaign.

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    better then ever :P

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vlyden 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 40 Wizard | Merlin / Alb

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot
    Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 50 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

• Silens_NecoSilens_Neco Member Posts: 15
    Still fun and going strong image

Comparing DAoC to Shadowbane is like comparing Lobster to funions.

Funions might be good at first, but it gives you horrible breathimage

DAoC imo is the best out there...shadowbane just sucked