Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate is shutting down it's servers on 1/31/09

avediasavedias Member Posts: 118

So I was checking hellgatelondon.com and saw that the game is coming down. Really think that game could have been great if they could have kept up their funding for a few more months. Oh well. I'm ready for Left 4 Dead!

Comments

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373

Can someone notify the "white knights" at SOE please.

Another sinking MMO on my SOE Station Access perhaps?

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

This sucks...Because Hellgate is not as bad as 99.9% of Free 2 play Korean MMORPGs it didn't deserve to die so soon.

• zachdudezachdude Member Posts: 27

Dude, Hellgate is 100% better than those korean F2P MMO's. It sucks that they are taking the servers down. I quit playing because of it. No need to waste my time playing when i can't keep playing. I've been playing warhammer anyhow.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Guess all the ingame advertisements couldn't cut it.

• SeggallionSeggallion Member UncommonPosts: 684

Those bastards can atleast give us one last patch. A LAN function.

That's what I don't understand... they don't give the tools to us to make private servers... if they truly cared they would...

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

their entire development studio doesn't exist.  They can't give you the patch because there is nobody there to make it.

And no the developers can not legitly make patches on their own and release them, since it'd be violating a ton of things.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

I feel for them I really do. If I had my way, all the WoW clones would be going this route instead, and only titles with a bit of originality would survive.

Well then maybe the hanbitsoft will do something with it...?

I wish you could at least make a room and host games or something or trick it into LAN play somehow... and do a kind of Diablo-ish room based game.... that'd at least do something.

All in all it is a great game, hopefully it comes back eventually?

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

It's a good thing you can play it offline as well, kinda lessens the blow of the servers going down. Maybe an emu or something in the future, so we can play online again here in NA? But for all intents and purposes, R.I.P Hellgate London (for now).

Originally posted by zachdude

Dude, Hellgate is 100% better than those korean F2P MMO's. It sucks that they are taking the servers down. I quit playing because of it. No need to waste my time playing when i can't keep playing. I've been playing warhammer anyhow.

I said 99.9% because Runes of magic is a fine mmorpg that is basically WoW completely free. That is the only mmorpg that is Free 2 play that deserves to not go to hell imo. If i had to choose Rune sof magic or hellgate london id prob pick runes in a heartbeat. 

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Originally posted by ssnautilus

Can someone notify the "white knights" at SOE please.

Another sinking MMO on my SOE Station Access perhaps?

Why must everything be related to SoE

At least SoE do not shutt down its games and it has saved 2 mmorpg from been shut down in MxO and vanguard which some ppl actually like.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by hercules

At least SoE do not shutt down its games and it has saved 2 mmorpg from been shut down in MxO and vanguard which some ppl actually like.

Don't be fooled into thinking that SoE did that because they care about the people who enjoy those games. They did it to pad the value of their all access pass.

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

There was nothing unique about Hellgate:London. Stages all looked the same, combat was really nothing new. It felt like i was doing the same thing over and over. Like if i was working at a assembly line at a factory. Bill Roper himself said he saw this day coming before they released the game. A blind man could see it happening miles away.

With that said, I'm not trying to bash the game, but it could've been ALOT better.

• ZaigersZaigers Member Posts: 6

yea i played it for a long time but when i heardabout it i got off and started playing different games

PVP is for the PROs

• DrakenoraDrakenora Member Posts: 89

dont you think its a crime to still be selling this game in shops?

I'm still finding loads of hellgate London boxes in stores here in geneva :(

• LunovaLunova Member Posts: 11

Hellgate was a good game, but its in a better place now.  R.I.P 50$

If I can't kill you, my friend over there hiding in that bush will...

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

It's funny, a lot of retailers are still selling this game. Yes, it has single player, but it does have ALLLL OVER the box various features that won't exist in a few weeks. I swear, the game industry really needs to be regulated. They worry about all kinds of nonsense like censoring boobs as people rob gamers blind. It is one of the easiest big businesses in which you can rip people off and get away with it.

I need to start a gaming company and sell a box with no CD. Then I'll tell people that the CD feature comes later or we reserve the right to keep the CD. Such is the mentality of these companies. Flagship chimped off a lot of people, it's just bad business. While they did nothing illegal, they are not ethical.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• BoriliusBorilius Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by levsix

It's funny, a lot of retailers are still selling this game. Yes, it has single player, but it does have ALLLL OVER the box various features that won't exist in a few weeks. I swear, the game industry really needs to be regulated. They worry about all kinds of nonsense like censoring boobs as people rob gamers blind. It is one of the easiest big businesses in which you can rip people off and get away with it.
    I need to start a gaming company and sell a box with no CD. Then I'll tell people that the CD feature comes later or we reserve the right to keep the CD. Such is the mentality of these companies. Flagship chimped off a lot of people, it's just bad business. While they did nothing illegal, they are not ethical.

QFT!!!

• Good Nite Hellgate:London

Stupid Asian Companys ...

So its really gone? Nothing is saving it?

Hmmm to bad because again I will say this game is better than 99.9% of Free 2 play mmorpgs out there today. Trully a shame.