Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall is already completely finished as game!!!

2»

Comments

• originaleggoriginalegg Member Posts: 1,099
    Originally posted by Hashbrick

I think even the hardcore fanbois look at the OP at a delusional stance. This one has lost it, making up whatever he can so he can post something about DF. I don't know what is worse any more the fanbois or the "I bleed DF" breed.

Hashbrick/Hblite...as much as you are a scary bad DF troll here posting the same nonsense over and over....

You are 100% correct...OP is just /sigh

• TrikkyMakkTrikkyMakk Member Posts: 61

All I know is that this is the next game I am watching for (and if this disappoints then jumpgate). MMOs have been pretty disappointing the past few years and finally one seems to be emerging that could bring some happiness.

What the dev in the forum post has said is highly encouraging. Especially their strategy for testing. This game seems poised to recapture some of the original Ultima Online excitement that used to be (before they nerfed everything with Argent Dawn).

I am most looking forward to this game coming out, be it December or January or whenever.

• kwm1944kwm1944 Member Posts: 5

Every game I've played was supposed to be finished but could have done with another year minimum in beta, I'm currently playing Age of Conan, it's only now getting to be stable, but they've nerf'd things so bad I'll not be renewing, I've beta'd loads of games including Asheron's Call 1 and 2, DAOC, Vanguard amongst the most well known all could have done with more time in beta, promising monthly updates is a bad idea as they just bring more bugs into unstable worlds, fix things 1st before updates.

• GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by kwm1944

Every game I've played was supposed to be finished but could have done with another year minimum in beta, I'm currently playing Age of Conan, it's only now getting to be stable, but they've nerf'd things so bad I'll not be renewing, I've beta'd loads of games including Asheron's Call 1 and 2, DAOC, Vanguard amongst the most well known all could have done with more time in beta, promising monthly updates is a bad idea as they just bring more bugs into unstable worlds, fix things 1st before updates.

Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • IndoIndo Member Posts: 252

If it is completely finshed, why can't we play it? There is only one definition for complete.....

• KhaelSUNKhaelSUN Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by kwm1944

in that case df should be perfect. it was supposed to go beta in 2003, but they decided to finetune it for another 5-6 years.

Khael[SUN]
    SUN - peekayin since pong
    Webdeveloper on:
    http://www.guildofsun.com
    http://www.bloodmonarchy.com

• DeathstinyDeathstiny Member Posts: 386

well you are right about one thing...this game is done

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Not from what I have seen, Completely finished is an overstatment.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Damn, I've started to miss these delusional threads by fanbois.  I need to come to the boards more.

• berniebearberniebear Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by mike470

Damn, I've started to miss these delusional threads by fanbois.  I need to come to the boards more.

Aye and I missed the lonely trolls that come here to emo rage... so DO need to come back here more often

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by berniebear

Aye and I missed the lonely trolls that come here to emo rage... so DO need to come back here more often

Well all you vapo haters emo trolls, soon most hardcore darkfall fans will be gone and not been seen for longtime here, busy playing a great game called DARKFALL:)

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Evasia

Well all you vapo haters emo trolls, soon most hardcore darkfall fans will be gone and not been seen for longtime here, busy playing a great game called DARKFALL:)

sure...

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• TheHowellerTheHoweller Member Posts: 407

Guess I put my foot in my mouth...

Well, what I want to happen, sure isn't happening...

I really hope this all turns out well, but I still think Adventurine's shoving their foot in their mouth.  I guess it's that I feel that Adventurine's hyping the fact that the game's getting pushed out "very" soon, regardless of the quality of the game within beta.  It just appears to me that this is a blatant lack of quality. 

Hopefully beta's quality will shove my foot in my mouth.

-------------------------------
    It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    -------------------------------
    Originally posted by atziluth...
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

• Pyro240Pyro240 Member Posts: 194

Ready for Release in December

By Keith Cross on Nov 03, 2008

The folks at Darkfall have posted an update on the games status on their official forums, mentioning while showing at the Athens Digital Week that the game would finish testing in December and at that point the game would be ready for release.

The announcement during ADW was that the open beta phase is scheduled to end early in December. More importantly this means that the game will be ready to release at that point. Marketing consideration kept us from just announcing a release date. The game will be ready for release, and the launch may follow directly, or shortly after, depending on the marketing landscape at the time. Obviously the earlier the better for us, but there are a lot of things needing coordination for the launch, internal and external. So our side of things (meaning the development end) will be ready.

So this threadstarter was right..

source: www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/4/view/news/read/12130/Ready-for-Release-in-December

nom nom nom

• JokerkaaosJokerkaaos Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by KhaelSan

there is a very good chance that tons of problems will arise when beta start and they let people in to actually play the game for the first time around 10th nov.

The chance is better than very good - it's 100%.

For DF to release by the end of 2008, the game will have to go gold within a month of the first public testing. I don't see it coming anywhere close to happening.

• jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124

NO MMO is ever "completely finished". I read a faq that stated that there will be features to come along after release. So The Answer to your assumption is NO!!! Finished for the launch features maybe but never "completely finished".

• IxnatifualIxnatifual Member Posts: 475

But! Darkfall will be the first MMO in existance to ever release a fully complete game with no bugs at all! It's because the developers found this magic powder they pour over their computers which magically fixes any issues with the game.

Oh wait, it was me who found the magic powder. And it was cocaine.