Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOTLK

Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Hi just a question regarding x pac. Wife and i have been gone awhile and only have lvl 55s. Is there nay point in getting WOTLK now or should we wait till 70. Not sure what it offers to lower lvl people.

Thanks

Comments

• jdm12983jdm12983 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Depends really...

If you were to get the WOTLK expansion (and fo course you'll beed the Bruning Crusade expansion as well [if you don't already]) and reach level 58; you will then be able to create a Death Knight class that starts at 58.

Other then that - there really isn't any use for the expansion prior to level 70 that I know of.

In response ot be privious post..

Not saying that there isn't a reason for it prior to 70 - just that I don't personaly know of any.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

The only advantage will be that you can start to play with Death Knight lvl 55 :)

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by Soki123

Hi just a question regarding x pac. Wife and i have been gone awhile and only have lvl 55s. Is there nay point in getting WOTLK now or should we wait till 70. Not sure what it offers to lower lvl people.
    Thanks

Do you have the 1st expansion Burning Crusade?  If you don't then you'll have to get it before you can get WoTLK anyway, so I would start there.  BC introduces more lower level stuff than WoTLK does, 2 new races and starting zones for them for example.  Plus once you get to level 58 or so, you'll want to head to Outlands and go thru all the content there to get to 70.  If you already have BC, then you can probably wait to get WoTLK unless like has already been mentioned, you want to start a Death Knight.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Thanks for the replys. Yes we have BC, so it seems we ll wait. It won t be too long though as it seems alot faster to lvl then before :)

• TurnellTurnell Member Posts: 239

I think you will find a lot of things in WOTLK that are nice even if your not lev 70+ (i.e death knights)

Enjoy the game, thankfully leveling is a lot quicker now that those last 15 levels shouldnt take too long.

Also, I wont worry about eq as much either, as I would expect wotlk will make all MC equipment less than desirable

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Yeah.  Blizzard actually made it 'easy' for you not to buy the expansion yet.  They added inscription to the game already (it was expected to be part of Wraith), along with a few other features.

As far as i know.. the only thing you wll be missing is being able to make a DeathKnight.  Which really doesn't matter because you will be leveling your main AND the death knight area will be very very overpopulated when wrath launches (I'm waiting at least a month to make a DK because of that reason).

Take your time, enjoy the outlands.  It won't hurt you to be a month or two behind everyone else in Northrend.

As posted above; it won't hurt you to wait. May actualy help you.

You wont have to deal wwith any lag of the new Northredn continent if you were to go there on launch day. Same with Death Knight starter area.

• antarasantaras Member Posts: 45

wotlk is gonna sell out in every single shop theres a copy of it on day 13th.. keep that in mind ;)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You can well wait until you have a lvl 65+ toon. No real hurry, even though you might have to wait 2 weeks after release before there are enough that reached the stores so they have some in.