Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A correct short review of this game.

FiresealMMOFiresealMMO Member Posts: 54

Graphics are decent, make you think that you're playing Kingdom Hearts, although the rubbish storyline will make you think otherwise.

There's not much room for role playing except for finding your 'soul mate' in game and act like a little jealous bitch if someone else hits on him/her(losers...).

Can't say that it'll be fun for most people after week #2(I've lasted 2 months). Community at the starter area is just a bunch of spammer bots advertising their crap AsdaStory Gold websites that nobody would go to, finding a good guild that is populated and active is a very rare find.

Performance on the game is very piss poor... No joke. The 'customer service' guys would rather work on improving their item shop that most of them are full of glitches or just don't work, not to mention that nobody goes on it, than to work on the feature that is the most important to their game; the instances, which seem to screw up and become inaccessible every week or so for some reason.

This is a VERY HELPFUL warning for mmorpg.com users to STAY AWAY from this game. Not worth registering and downloading.

Yeah, yeah, I probably could've said that this game is good for in-between MMORPG's or waiting for that next big MMORPG, but truth is, that it's very much not so.

Comments

• TrucidationTrucidation Member Posts: 86

The comment about the storyline was stupid, I haven't seen any grindfest with a good one. While I wouldn't say Asda's is great, at least the quests the NPCs send you on actually have some continuity, if you bothered to read through the quest text instead of mashing the OK button.

In this regard Asda has actually better quests than most grindfests which hardly ever bother to disguise their fetchquests.

Similarly asinine was the comment on roleplaying. If, after all these YEARS of grindfests being published, you're STILL looking for the role play element, you're Doing It Wrong. People come into these games expecting a grind. If you want roleplay stick to your western subscription based MMOs.

The spambots were a problem, agreed, but I haven't seen any other game tackle them as well as the Asda team did. I dare you to check back again. I've almost always seen the spammers getting muted after a while, and there were long stretches, days, weeks even, when the game was spammer-free. Can't say that for any other MMO I've played: they either just keep banning them and let a new one pop up minutes later, repeat, or they ignore them altogether. Take Flyff for example. The GMs are way active (look at the posting frequency on the forums), but the game hasn't been spammer-free since the day the spammers got in.

Asda, on the other hand, had taken aggresive steps to keep them out. If you followed the recent complaints about the filter, for example, you'll have realised they WERE actually doing something: throwing everything including the kitchen sink, at getting rid of the spammers. Sure it didn't help, but you at least were aware that they were trying something, anything, and not just lurking behind the scenes and popping up once in a while to post a cryptic "we're working on something" announcement like in most other games.

I don't know the relationship between the developers and publishers in this game, so I have no comment on the cash shop update thing, although I'll just note that the cash shop is usually the only thing the PUBLISHERS have control over, whereas actual in-game code changes is in the hands of the DEVELOPERS. People should get this straight when they start bitching about bug fixes. Shooting the messenger does nothing.

I live in Asia, so I'm familiar with lag. I'm happy to say, the lag in Asda Story is actually fairly decent. All the complaints FiresealMMO mentioned have little bearing on the actual GAME itself.

What a joke of a review. There's no mention of actual GAMEPLAY. How quests matter or not. Feasible builds. Exp gains, compared to other games as a function of grinding over time. Actual game performance on min/recommended spec machines, not what he bludgeoned "performance" to mean. Party composition, and how soloers perform. PvE and PvP mechanics. Which classes are unbalanced, and why. How fair cash shop ;item mall items are versus players who don't have access to them. Upgrading options. Etc.

You know? Things that are actually relevant to the ingame experience. Not a bunch of crap about storyline, role playing, spammers (ok this is relevant in today's context where most games suffer from this to a certain degree), and GM support. True, those are all points, but they only touch on the game tangentially.

Anybody can whine, but if you're writing a "review", at least throw some facts about the gameplay in. Otherwise it's just another rant about just another grindfest.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• popingaypopingay Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by FiresealMMO

Graphics are decent, make you think that you're playing Kingdom Hearts, although the rubbish storyline will make you think otherwise.
    There's not much room for role playing except for finding your 'soul mate' in game and act like a little jealous bitch if someone else hits on him/her(losers...).
    Can't say that it'll be fun for most people after week #2(I've lasted 2 months). Community at the starter area is just a bunch of spammer bots advertising their crap AsdaStory Gold websites that nobody would go to, finding a good guild that is populated and active is a very rare find.
    Performance on the game is very piss poor... No joke. The 'customer service' guys would rather work on improving their item shop that most of them are full of glitches or just don't work, not to mention that nobody goes on it, than to work on the feature that is the most important to their game; the instances, which seem to screw up and become inaccessible every week or so for some reason.
    This is a VERY HELPFUL warning for mmorpg.com users to STAY AWAY from this game. Not worth registering and downloading.

Yeah, yeah, I probably could've said that this game is good for in-between MMORPG's or waiting for that next big MMORPG, but truth is, that it's very much not so.

thanks for the info.