Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back to EQ2 and loving it...

TenebrosoTenebroso Member Posts: 262

I recently stopped playing AoC....too much drama on the Wiccana server just turned me off of it....went back to WoW, and quickly got bored, after getting my guy from 67 to 70....all the armor that i got before i quit playing is worthless now, and i dont feel like spending another eternity on the battlegrounds just to get a new set of armor that will be outdated in 3 months.

I decided to give EQ2 another shot. Logged on and I am playing on Antonia B. server, I made a darkelf necromancer, decided to try out the new Neriak newb zone and joined a RP guild that is dark elf only. Man I am having a blast, and I was up until 3am....just questing and rping....it brought me back to my good old EQ1 days.

So, if you are wondering, take another look at EQ2. I am glad I did. If you are into evil RP, fun stuff, no bullshit drama, send Kalauz a tell, i m playing on Antonia B.

Also the community there is outstanding. Mature and very helpful.

Good luck!

Comments

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141

Aye i hear you i came back after taking some time off from the game and also just having a blast again.

Plus you are right the community is in fine shape over there too.

• HollyWeberHollyWeber Member UncommonPosts: 43

EQ2 is a very on-again off-again game for me but it's the ONLY game out of all the games I've tried that I keep coming back to time after time.

It's my favorite and I've been playing since the game launch.

Glad you gave it another try!

• ZiliZili Member Posts: 2

I am also thinking to give EQ2 another try....

I liked it alot but if i recal well i am lvl 50 will it take alot of time to reach the max lvl?

Thank you in advance for your reply...

Kind Regards,

Zili

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Zili

I am also thinking to give EQ2 another try....
    I liked it alot but if i recal well i am lvl 50 will it take alot of time to reach the max lvl?
    Thank you in advance for your reply...

Kind Regards,
    Zili

Yes it will take a fair amount of time to level to 80.  When I came back I was lvl 46.  I'm lvl 72 now.  You can see how much time I have logged in xfire.  Now I'm not power leveling I'm crafting, harvesting, and generally wandering exploring and learning the game.  I've also gone from lvl 22 or so in crafting to lvl 56 and I leveled a necro from lvl 1 to 38 or so....  I created a sarnak character in kunark when it came that I leveled to 12 also :)

For the most part I'm having a lot of fun.  I was going around with more experienced people and I missed out on some of the lore and stuff for areas as they run me around and tell me what to do.  I'd recommend taking your time I'm doing that now and it is a lot better to learn the areas and learn the world rather then having someone lead you everywhere.  I like the quests in kunark they are creative and give good lore.

---
    Ethion

• ZiliZili Member Posts: 2

Thank you for your reply....

Kind Regrads,

Zil

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by ethion

Yes it will take a fair amount of time to level to 80.  When I came back I was lvl 46.  I'm lvl 72 now.  You can see how much time I have logged in xfire.  Now I'm not power leveling I'm crafting, harvesting, and generally wandering exploring and learning the game.  I've also gone from lvl 22 or so in crafting to lvl 56 and I leveled a necro from lvl 1 to 38 or so....  I created a sarnak character in kunark when it came that I leveled to 12 also :)

dont forget

since last months update, they have accelerated the levelling pace

Game update 49: dramatic leveling speed increase for 20-70

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/202369

Whereas it currently takes on average around 164 hours for a player to advance from 20 to 70,

it will soon only take around 100 hours.

• TenebrosoTenebroso Member Posts: 262

you can also level using collections, they give amazing exp, and most of them arent that expensive to do. I took my guy from 20 to 50 in about 4 hours, with about 30 plat.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

I just resubbed myself after 3 years....how does a level 20 get that much plat???

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

iam resubbing also, after watch a video re: guild halls i forgot how great the game was...i'll be back this weekend :)

• TenebrosoTenebroso Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by rendus

I just resubbed myself after 3 years....how does a level 20 get that much plat???

i got older toons, this necro is my new project 

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by Tenebroso

I recently stopped playing AoC....too much drama on the Wiccana server just turned me off of it....went back to WoW, and quickly got bored, after getting my guy from 67 to 70....all the armor that i got before i quit playing is worthless now, and i dont feel like spending another eternity on the battlegrounds just to get a new set of armor that will be outdated in 3 months.

I decided to give EQ2 another shot. Logged on and I am playing on Antonia B. server, I made a darkelf necromancer, decided to try out the new Neriak newb zone and joined a RP guild that is dark elf only. Man I am having a blast, and I was up until 3am....just questing and rping....it brought me back to my good old EQ1 days.

So, if you are wondering, take another look at EQ2. I am glad I did. If you are into evil RP, fun stuff, no bullshit drama, send Kalauz a tell, i m playing on Antonia B.

Also the community there is outstanding. Mature and very helpful.

Good luck!

You were playing a necromancer, of course you are having a good time :). Any other class other than necro/magician and wizard you will be pulling your hair out by 50 :D.