Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this not a break of the forum rules ?

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=98960

All posts saying you are leaving and have chancelled are locked or deleted.

Post that says your back is not only open - it is bumped by 3 mods....

Seriously - Stick to rules or just say  "We make our own rules whenever we see fit" 

Comments

• orzoorzo Member Posts: 269

Aside from the game being a complete disaster at launch, this kind of activity is what drove so many to leave.  It offends the mind.

Some people are like slinkies, they dont really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

• SoupgoblinSoupgoblin Member Posts: 324

Yes the AoC forum mods are hypocrites.

They threadjack and opine just like everyone else but without the worry of being banned or reprimanded for it...

This is what happens when the weasels are guarding the hen-house 

Originally posted by Soupgoblin

Yes the AoC forum mods are hypocrites.
    They threadjack and opine just like everyone else but without the worry of being banned or reprimanded for it...
    This is what happens when the weasels are guarding the hen-house 

As long as everything they say is PRO FUNCOM! 

Some people are like slinkies, they dont really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Well I see  the Gestapo are still doing there awesome job of damage control on the boards.

I cant be part of a game where every thing I type is censored into oblivion.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Frobner

Seriously - Stick to rules or just say  "We make our own rules whenever we see fit" 

These are the rules: forums-eu.ageofconan.com/announcement.php don't like them tough, can't abide buy them, tough.

It's their house they set the rules.

Someone re-subbing is different to someone leaving and going on a bender about it.

When someone leaves they do for a purpose, when someone comes back things might be different and they want to know whats going on or new.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

These are the rules: forums-eu.ageofconan.com/announcement.php don't like them tough, can't abide buy them, tough.

Someone re-subbing is different to someone leaving and going on a bender about it.

When someone leaves they do for a purpose, when someone comes back things might be different and they want to know whats going on or new.

Guy has a point.  If I had a shop and a customer was ranting in front of everyone I would push them outside and give them a good kicking...well maybe not a kicking but I certainly wouldn't allow them in again.  On the flip side if a person came in and was ranting how great my shop was I would stand back and smile.  Its not rocket science people. 

Originally posted by chryses

Guy has a point.  If I had a shop and a customer was ranting in front of everyone I would push them outside and give them a good kicking...well maybe not a kicking but I certainly wouldn't allow them in again.  On the flip side if a person came in and was ranting how great my shop was I would stand back and smile.  Its not rocket science people. 

Difference is would you get pissed off enough to go get some t-shirts printed up pay for them, and hold a grudge for 5 months with every opportunity you get to kick up a fuss, even though you have nothing to do with that store anymore, to continue into the future. Most people just move on, some people can't let it go - all over a video game.. I just can't see anyone I know with that kind of persistent resentment, with which one game apparently turned their life upside down to such an extent, that it fuels a 'crusade'.

There are proper channels to follow to do the right thing if you have felt wronged.

It's the lengths some go to that I just can't get my mind around the mentality.

Simple fact is there are rules on the forums for the official games, people can freely talk about them on boards like this. They might not all be P.C. but I respect them.

Originally posted by chryses

Difference is would you get pissed off enough to go get some t-shirts printed up pay for them, and hold a grudge for 5 months with every opportunity you get to kick up a fuss, even though you have nothing to do with that store anymore, to continue into the future. Most people just move on, some people can't let it go - all over a video game.. I just can't see anyone I know with that kind of persistent resentment, with which one game apparently turned their life upside down to such an extent, that it fuels a 'crusade'.

There are proper channels to follow to do the right thing if you have felt wronged.

It's the lengths some go to that I just can't get my mind around the mentality.

I used proper channels and when I got tired of either being ignored or having my posts moved or deleted, I cancelled and strangely enough 5 minutes after removing my CC info and cancelling I was banned for LIFE.... Great rules, Great Company BRAVO - and they are talking about having people return, that just cracks me up.

Originally posted by orzo

I used proper channels and when I got tired of either being ignored or having my posts moved or deleted, I cancelled and strangely enough 5 minutes after removing my CC info and cancelling I was banned for LIFE.... Great rules, Great Company BRAVO - and they are talking about having people return, that just cracks me up.

There is a reason for sure why posts are moved or deleted. If people complain that it happens to them all the time then I would wonder why..

The "moderation is not a topic for discussion" stance has been around for years with FC.

It's not hard to understand.

If the person who made the thread on the official forums can post he is back after quitting, how can he do that if when you quit your banned for life? unless there was more to in the "departing" factor.

• PolikarpovPolikarpov Member Posts: 53

Haha.. 3 mods bump the thread in less that 3 minutes? That is just sad. I guess they were so happy to see someone actually come back to AoC after all these thousands of "I'm quitting" threads

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Originally posted by orzo

There is a reason for sure why posts are moved or deleted. If people complain that it happens to them all the time then I would wonder why..

The "moderation is not a topic for discussion" stance has been around for years with FC.

It's not hard to understand.

If the person who made the thread on the official forums can post he is back after quitting, how can he do that if when you quit your banned for life? unless there was more to in the "departing" factor.

The rules are simply to make themselves look better, even though everyone already knows theyre hypocritical and just plain childish.

Though Avery, I havent seen you out waving your Funcom rulz flag as of late. everything okay?

• TrusttTrustt Member Posts: 11

I just had my first shitty experience with forum mods today on the testlive forums that pisses me off to the point of canceling.  Its only a small matter, but its the principal that makes me not want to play anymore, even though i like the game.

I posted a bug report on the TL forums almost a month ago.  Haven (QA) responded saying "noted, blah blah" and that was that.  It was a fairly noticeable bug as well.  For anyone familiar with Bear Shamans, the internal Bleed combo was doing 0 starter and 0 finisher damage. 

Anyway, the patch came out yesterday and the bug is still there.  Even the combos tooltip reads +0.00 damage.  So i bumped my old post and asked how the hell the bug made it to live when it was noted 3 weeks ago?

My post was deleted and the thread was locked.  I also recieved a PM saying i got an infraction that stays on my account for 6 months.  I tried to PM Haven to find out exactly how i was "questioning moderation" only to find out that i cannot respond because my PM priveleges have been revolked.

If this ever happens to magically find its way to Haven or Funcom:

Good Job Fuckers.  You just lost a loyal subscriber over petty bullshit.

Here's the email i got.

Dear Trustt,

You have received an infraction at Age of Conan Testlive Forums.

Reason: Questioning Moderation

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

http://forums-beta.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=391746 -- I am curious as to how this made it to live servers when it was apparently "noted" 3 weeks ago. what the hell? <--this was the comment that got my post deleted and the thread locked.

All the best,

Age of Conan Testlive Forums

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by Trustt

I just had my first shitty experience with forum mods today on the testlive forums that pisses me off to the point of canceling.  Its only a small matter, but its the principal that makes me not want to play anymore, even though i like the game.
    I posted a bug report on the TL forums almost a month ago.  Haven (QA) responded saying "noted, blah blah" and that was that.  It was a fairly noticeable bug as well.  For anyone familiar with Bear Shamans, the internal Bleed combo was doing 0 starter and 0 finisher damage. 
    Anyway, the patch came out yesterday and the bug is still there.  Even the combos tooltip reads +0.00 damage.  So i bumped my old post and asked how the hell the bug made it to live when it was noted 3 weeks ago?
    My post was deleted and the thread was locked.  I also recieved a PM saying i got an infraction that stays on my account for 6 months.  I tried to PM Haven to find out exactly how i was "questioning moderation" only to find out that i cannot respond because my PM priveleges have been revolked.
    If this ever happens to magically find its way to Haven or Funcom:
    Good Job Fuckers.  You just lost a loyal subscriber over petty bullshit.
    Here's the email i got.
    Dear Trustt,
    You have received an infraction at Age of Conan Testlive Forums.
    Reason: Questioning Moderation
    This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
    Original Post:

http://forums-beta.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=391746 -- I am curious as to how this made it to live servers when it was apparently "noted" 3 weeks ago. what the hell? <--this was the comment that got my post deleted and the thread locked.
    All the best,

Age of Conan Testlive Forums

According to Avery and Co, you arent allowed to walk into the Church of Funcom and question any aspect of their diety.

• SaibotKangSaibotKang Member Posts: 70

Haha thats just hillarious. I say good on them for not letting that whiney cry baby shit get toataly out of control like it does on every other MMO forum. Really, its their business they can run it how they want to. I will say the guy who got banned for posting a bug report and bumping it got a real raw deal, I believe he is telling the truth. But most people who have been "unjustly" banned from forums usually had it coming.

Originally posted by SaibotKang

Haha thats just hillarious. I say good on them for not letting that whiney cry baby shit get toataly out of control like it does on every other MMO forum. Really, its their business they can run it how they want to. I will say the guy who got banned for posting a bug report and bumping it got a real raw deal, I believe he is telling the truth. But most people who have been "unjustly" banned from forums usually had it coming.

You are absolutely correct and seeing that the game is literally dying in front of us, how would you say their strategy has paid off so far? Kick the paying customer in the teeth, excellent choice!

If the game was in beta I could see them acting this way. 50% of the players left after a first taste of the 'game'. The rest? The other 40% left after being kicked in the teeth on the forums.  I stand by my statement that pretty much AoC is a study in the way NOT to make, RELEASE or RUN an MMO.

Someone should seriously develop a college course around this game for the budding game developers to take as a sort of ETHOS in GAMING 101.  I had to take an ETHICS course, seems to me its time someone started making game developers do the same, eh?

So i bumped my old post and asked how the hell the bug made it to live when it was noted 3 weeks ago?

Just curious, I only see 3 posts from 3 different people, did you bump it up using a different name?

At the end of the day we can only report bugs, it's up to Funcom what they do with that information. I have reported some before to still see them later and was told other things were more of a priority. So I guess I can understand that when at the time there was more important stuff happening. As a tester we do the job and the pay off is that we see / test the game before others do, trying to help them make it better. You done your job, sure it's upsetting that the bug was not in the patch fix. The report was done 20 days ago, at that time other things may of been a priority. I would look for it to be fixed when the next patch comes through. It's a bit of a bummer though I agree.

EDIT.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Not that I agree with Nazi moderation, SOE ruined official forums for me, so I really don't visit them any longer. The problem is everyone knows how FC handles their forums, you know if you post about an issue more than once it's going to get deleted, you're going to get warned or banned then you're going to come here to start a thread on it.

There's really nothing any of us can do about it, as was pointed out it's their house, if you come to mine and keep complaining you didn't like my roast beef, I'm going to remove you from my home it's as simple as that.

That doesn't mean that's how a business should handle paying customers, it just means we have no say in how they handle their guests.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

You are wrong or somewhat wrong..

They are "locking" I quit threads, to my knowledge they haven't deleted any I quit threads..

And seriously what is there to discuss regarding a player that has canceled his account more than fuel for a flamewar..

And regarding the "bumping" It isn't bumped it's beiing moderated because some players could not stay on topic in this thread..

/junker

Just curious, I only see 3 posts from 3 different people, did you bump it up using a different name?
    At the end of the day we can only report bugs, it's up to Funcom what they do with that information. I have reported some before to still see them later and was told other things were more of a priority. So I guess I can understand that when at the time there was more important stuff happening. As a tester we do the job and the pay off is that we see / test the game before others do, trying to help them make it better. You done your job, sure it's upsetting that the bug was not in the patch fix. The report was done 20 days ago, at that time other things may of been a priority. I would look for it to be fixed when the next patch comes through. It's a bit of a bummer though I agree.
    EDIT.

Hey, why did you edit that awesome personal attack conspiracy theory of yours? I was just about to reply but was a few seconds too late.

Yes, there are "haters" here with new accounts. Hmm.. why do you think that is? Do you think it's..

a.) They are part of this huge conspiracy where they make thousands of accounts every week and lurk these forums using 100 different aliases every day.

or..

b.) Something happened to their old account and they simply had to make a new one.

• TrusttTrustt Member Posts: 11

So i bumped my old post and asked how the hell the bug made it to live when it was noted 3 weeks ago?

Nope, i used Trustt, the same login that i used in the OP. My last post was DELETED from the thread before it was locked.

It wouldnt have been hard to say "we didnt have time to get to it", or even to tell me that they had larger priorities that took precedence. Im a big boy and can handle bad news. What i can't handle is the deletion of a post that was inquiring about a feature of the game. I wasnt ranting and i dont think my question was out of line. And i most certainly wasnt "questioning moderation".

Originally posted by thark

You are wrong or somewhat wrong..
    They are "locking" I quit threads, to my knowledge they haven't deleted any I quit threads..
    And seriously what is there to discuss regarding a player that has canceled his account more than fuel for a flamewar..
    And regarding the "bumping" It isn't bumped it's beiing moderated because some players could not stay on topic in this thread..
    /junker

Um.. I don't know.. maybe..

Try to understand why he left and fix the game so that others like him don't leave!!!!!!!!!!

With a comment like that I gotta ask. Do you work for FC?

Originally posted by Polikarpov

Hey, why did you edit that awesome personal attack conspiracy theory of yours? I was just about to reply but was a few seconds too late.
    Yes, there are "haters" here with new accounts. Hmm.. why do you think that is? Do you think it's..
    a.) They are part of this huge conspiracy where they make thousands of accounts every week and lurk these forums using 100 different aliases every day.
    or..
    b.) Something happened to their old account and they simply had to make a new one.

You mean they were banned, and decided to come back anyway? I personally have no problem with that, If you let it be known who you are, i.e.) randomusername banned you come back as randomusername2.

Otherwise it just seems you're trying to portray yourself as someone else, in an attempt to reinforce your own personal opinion.

Just a warning, making new accounts is bannable, whether you were banned or not alt accounts are against the rules. You see that just reinforces the fact that rules don't matter to certain individuals, that's why you get banned here to begin with.

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

im sorry trustt but thats fricken funny thx for makin my day

Originally posted by SaibotKang

That is wrong way of thinking my friend. FC used this strategy and look what happened to them. 90% of players left.

Sure they can run their business how they want to and go bankrupt OR maybe, just maybe give customers good quality service and try not to piss them off.

I mean when you ban people for standing on a ROCK while attacking mobs, you pretty much know where the game is going.

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

that SOE didn't ban people for saying what was on their mind in game forums.

Wha..wha..what?