Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a free, immersive MMORPG...

jeam89jeam89 Member Posts: 17

The title says it all; I've been searching around for a decent MMORPG that has an immersive world, meaning NPCs that move, or buildings with doors that you can actually walk inside, or wildlife, etc ... Recommendations would be great. =P (I'm hoping more on the interiors of buildings though...)

Comments

• DransikFanDransikFan Member Posts: 32

Ashen Empires has everything that you've listed.

You can see me whacking a deer in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPB3xONvntk&fmt=18

You'll start out on Valinor, so watch this video for a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j15cOLcMFds&fmt=18

It's f2p, but there is a premium subscription option.

• BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

Umm.. Ashen Empires was just suggested to me on another post. That game does not have an Imersive world at all. Just because the NPC's move means nothing, that is like a crap version of UO.

Have you actually tried playing the game? Ashen Empires is very immersive, even on Valinor.

Yes, I did try to play the game. The lack of players and lack of proper tutorial make starting tedious. Not to mention be give tasks that ask for you to make 10 dough, your given 1 flour and 1 water, and no instruction on how to get more. You wonder around and find a farming tutor, ok, but now where where to buy the sickel needed.

This game is far too tedious for a new player, and lacks the player base to make it at all interesting.

So there is no problem with immersion, correct? The player population on Valinor just doesn't suit your tastes. I won't disagree with the low population on Valinor, but it's a tutorial island. Most players leave Valinor after they reach level 7, so it's not that much of a surprise. However, there should still be enough people on Valinor if you need help with bosses and such. It's a different case if they choose not to help.

I'm not sure if I agree with you about the inadequate tutorials either. There should be a cooking guide book item that you get in-game once you start the cooking trainer. If not, there should be a book in the vacinity of the ovens. If you need something explained that's not available via npc dialogue or in-game text, you could always try asking for help in the help channel--that's why it exists. But then again, you should take advantage of the in-game environment. Observe the surroundings and try to put two-and-two together. There are cows, chickens, and other livestock; it's up to you to make sense of their purpose. There is a reason for everything that exists in the game. I apologize if there is a learning curve in this game, but the game is better for that reason.

I've seen dozens of new players coming to the mainland in the last few days who absolutely love the game, so something must be right.

The game is not imersive, that would include some linear aspects to quests. And also there was no cooking book, aswell as I did put 2 and 2 together to figure out what to do, but could not find the needed equipment to buy in order to do it. Another issue, there is no where that tells you how the chat chanels work and how you can get into the help chanel. The entire time that I played which was a few hours, I did
    not see a single person, nor did I see any chat from anyone. So in the end, help was not available and starting is very tedious.

Have you left Valinor? I really cannot see how you can make such a judgment when you have yet to experience more of the game. But even on Valinor, the quests are still absorbing to some extent. The immersion really begins once you move to the mainland. It might be a little subtle at times, but you'll find yourself completely absorbed with the lore and the world of Dransik.

As for chatting, I can agree that it's not really easy for new players to understand how it works. Hopefully the developers will look into this and make the chatting system much more user friendly.