Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So are you giving up on Shadowbane?

CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

I've played SB sense march 2003 and I just quit the game for good about 6 months ago and I doubt i'll ever return... I just see shadowbane as a sinking ship now there has been talks of a shadowbane 2 for about 4 years now and still nothing...   I like shadowbane it's a good game but with the lack of content and in game support it's just becoming utterly boring and making me want a breathe of fresh air else where.  Why would UBI take over this title then let it sit and rot when they could revamp the games graphics engine and world... and add more features?!    I mean it says something about a game when 5 years down the road it's still running with active players coming in and out.

Comments

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

For those of us who love PvP with meaning, consequences, no rules, and full scale brutality, there is simply no other game out there for us. After playing SB, every other MMO becomes bland and empty.

The only way I see SB dying is if Darkfall is a success.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    Originally posted by throckmorton

For those of us who love PvP with meaning, consequences, no rules, and full scale brutality, there is simply no other game out there for us. After playing SB, every other MMO becomes bland and empty.
    The only way I see SB dying is if Darkfall is a success.

I agree

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

I whole heartedly agree that there is no other experience like shadowbane out there.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Yes it is definately still in a league of its own. It fills the niche for those who have that hardcore pvp itch.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

This game should be shut down and deleted from existance.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by solareus

Don't forget the chinese player base that will do anything to win. Hacks, exploits, denial service, all happens with Shadowbane during important moments in server history. Never fails ona  Cn vs NA/Eu bane that you can't evem log into the freakin servers to defend your city.

Thats a perferct example of why this is the second worst MMOG ever made.

I was involved with Shadowbane over two years before it was released. I waited for this game and told everyone it was going to be the hottest game of all time. In other words, I was a blind sheep just like many of the Darkfall fanboys are now. Myself and several friends of mine started our own guild for this game and recruited like mad. We had litereally hundreds of members who had signed up to play Shadowbane with us.

After two years of lies and delays from the developers the game was finaly released. BAM! Crap. Worst game we ever saw. There were bugs in every single aspect of the game. Even the damn install program on the install CD was bugged. About half our members could not even install the game. Of the remaining half who were able to install, there was another half of that group who could not get the game to run or could not get through the character creation prcess before it crashed. We started with 200+ people and when we counted the number of people who could actually install, log in and create a character without running into a game-stopping bug we had about 50 guys left. Thats literally three quarters out of our huge guild which could not even run the game.

But 50 people is still a lot and we were one of the first guilds on our server to get a tree of life planted and a city up and running. Then you know what happened? Our tree of life became bugged and we couldn't pay the upkeep fees. Tree of Life is deleted, terrain around our city reverts to natural state, buildings are destroyed by new terrain and we end up having to scrap the whole city to start over again. We build a second city, same thing happens again. Then a thrid city, same problem again. All along we were reporting these bugs to the developers and the first few times they responded to say they were working on fixing the problem. After the third time we said that wasn't good enough anymore and we wanted them to give us a new tree of life and make sure it wouldn't get bugged. That was when they stopped talking to us.

Finally one of our members started cheating. That was when we started winning for a change. We barely had any battles with anyone else on the server because the game was so screwed up at the time combat was almost impossible anyway. But atleast by cheating we could actually afford to rebuild our city after it got deleted so many times. We pretty much had to cheat to get around all the damn bugs. Eventually the cheater tried to overthrow the leader of our guild and shortly after that he got banned from the game. We couldn't afford upkeep on our city anymore without him paying for everything, so we left the game.

But now here we are, FIVE YEARS LATER, and you are telling me that the game is still so screwed up that cheating is still the most effective tactic and that the main factor in victory is if you can log into the game or not. What a shocker... exactly the reason this is the second worst MMOG of all time.

The only game worse than Shadowbane is Dark and Light. The only reason Dark and Light beats Shadowbane is because the developers of Dark and Light actually stole money from their paying customers. That was pretty much the only thing the Shadowbane developers didn't do wrong in the development of this awful game.