It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Hey to anyone who reads this and thanks for taking the time to do so, it may be a long post as i tend to keep going once started but i'll try to be brief.
I bought Vanguard a long time ago, back when i left SWG (4-6 months after NGE), i bought it cause the game sounded good and a lot of guild mates were migrating to it, not sure if they still play it though.. anyways, i have been wondering what game to resub to without buying a new one.. Vanguard or Lotro were my picks of which to choose from. I was wondering if CURRENT players could give me some answers to a few questions i have, if you guys/gals don't mind... For the sake of the current communities reputation please keep it clean and on topic.
Bare in mind one thing please, i played the game for a week after purchase and didn't find any bugs, the thing that made me quit was the constant ganking/griefing in the new player areas. (can't remember what they were called but server i played on was one of the faction v faction ones, not FFA)
1. Is ganking or griefing still around today?
2. whats the populations like? (i'm UK based btw so if they have em i'll likely be going onto an EU server)
3. What are the server options these days? (last i heard there were merges between the FvF and FFA to just FFA)
4. I'm not big on PvP unless i feel in the mood, what options or restrictions are there to help the new players/low levels to actually be able to do something? (ties in with question 1 and 3 really)
5. I enjoy crafting, is it still a good crafting system where you have to do somethng other than just gather and click create?
6. Whats the communities maturity like? (by this i mean will i find leet all over the place instead of decent english)
7. If needs be i'll go to a RP server (if they still exist) as like i said before i prefer PvE to PvP but would like to PvP on the odd occasions. Whats the restrictions to RP these days as i'm not much of a role player in chat?
I apologise for it being a long post and appreciate you reading it all before posting. While people reply to this post (if any do) i'll be reading up on the official website and check back on a daily basis.
Thanks again for reading and posting.