Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean CBTers saying about AION

SSoJuSSoJu Member Posts: 12

i'been read under threads about  Aion is clone (or copy) of wow(or L2) or not.

Once there was like this thread in Korean CBTers community before start CBT.

but after start CBT NOone said clone or copy thing. maybe someone neverplay.

and now I understand that is becuz of leg of imagenation and neverplayed game before.

At first Aion CBT, it was shocked!. cuz different style skills and use,custums,graphics,so easy to level up(6hs-10 level, week- 35~40 levels).every CBTers wondered why so easy to(actually i thought Aion is kind of GW). And now ALL CBTers know why(ABYSS- is key words).its not important what class u r.all class can soloing if u like. u can good at PvP if u have good controlling,items are not important cuz u can get it easy but u have to concern what type weapons u like to use.

Let me say One thing. its totally different(WoW,L2,CoH,GW and so on.. i neverplayed).also similar but away fun and developed. Don foget its all same genre fantasy MMOrpgs.

As U know Aion OB start 11/11 in Korea and soon NA/EU. not many infos open even in Korea from now.hope U enjoy like me.

and sorry about my poor english..lol

btw, why L2 is korean grind game?...its 5 years old fashion game in Korea...5 years! omg...

Comments

• grafhgrafh Member UncommonPosts: 320

i think i understand what your saying, yes aion will be awesome and no its not a clone.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Nice to have a korean guy on here, you priviledged you! :)

I understood you well and yeah, the leveling is easy due to the huge endgame content available, hope to see more information from you once the OB starts in korea.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by SSoJu

btw, why L2 is korean grind game?...its 5 years old fashion game in Korea...5 years! omg...

You are awesome, your'e  thinking! Yes Lineage 2 is 5 years old and created after old style MMOs, that's why it's a pain to level. Not necessarily because it's made in Korea.

Would an ex EQ player tell us how long it took them to level their first character? I bet it's similar to L2. In fact I'm going to dogpile this right now.

Edit: It's about 2000 hours at the time of the Ruins of Kunark expansion.. ;)

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• jeam89jeam89 Member Posts: 17

I'm so refreshed to read what you had to say. I'm even more impressed by the incredible amount of quality that Aion continues to provide, and in my opinion, is being heavily developed a lot faster than expected.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Thank you very much SSoJu, Hope to hear more from you soon after nov 11 so you can tell us more.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

I would be interested in knowing how they feel about the complexity of the game. It's good to know that they feel the game has some sort of identity of its own , but there is a big difference between spoon fed gameplay, and interesting and detailed game mechanics. That's my primary concern with Aion at the moment. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

For me, lvl 40 in a week is really really fast, hopefully this will change.

Thank you very much for the review!

• SSoJuSSoJu Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by lyankyj

For me, lvl 40 in a week is really really fast, hopefully this will change.

Thank you very much for the review!

yes.me too.feel so fast to me. though its baced on time of Korean hard users playtimes.if u play 2hs for a day, week- 25 level maybe.(there was 2hs limited time for CBTers like this) 

it was painful to leave huntting field quikly cuz every  field has tons of unic mobs. non of them were same.it was amazing it make me think this game was well made. i hata to see same mobs at different field.

but ABYSS is main part of enjoy so don worry. (is this spoil? i hateto be spoiler...;;)

• SSoJuSSoJu Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Cynthe

You are awesome, your'e  thinking! Yes Lineage 2 is 5 years old and created after old style MMOs, that's why it's a pain to level. Not necessarily because it's made in Korea.

Would an ex EQ player tell us how long it took them to level their first character? I bet it's similar to L2. In fact I'm going to dogpile this right now.

Edit: It's about 2000 hours at the time of the Ruins of Kunark expansion.. ;)

thx. most of Korean(include me) don like grind games like the otherguys. and U know L2 is not hard grind game in Korea any more cuz fast several patch U can get 3.5X XPs and easy to level up(at least 70 levels..=.=)

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Thanks for posting SSoJu. Agree with you 100%. :)

I hope you can give us some feedback from open beta when it starts! :D

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

thx. most of Korean(include me) don like grind games like the otherguys. and U know L2 is not hard grind game in Korea any more cuz fast several patch U can get 3.5X XPs and easy to level up(at least 70 levels..=.=)

That's true I heard about the changes, unfortunately it's recent enough that most people have no idea and continue to think it's the same it's always been. ;)

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• loganz35loganz35 Member Posts: 5

40 levels in the week... it feels like lack of effort, I hate to be that easy, but anyways it won't stop me from getting this game.

Thanks, man, for sharing your thoughts on this matter. It was really interesting to read. And I hope seeing something new.

P.S.

Keep us up to date, if you can?

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926

Thank you!  It's always great to see people posting about their experiences.  Thank you, OP.

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• DurillienDurillien Member Posts: 32

I have to give you my thanks as well SSoJu. It's nice to have a good source of information while everyone outside of Korea is biting their nails with anxiousness. The game looks to be developing speedily, yet still retaining the deepness of content.

As for the the leveling discussion, I'd have to say that it could be slowed down abit, but then again, I think the 40 levels a week is based on hardcore gameplay ( 10-14 hrs per day, maybe? ) Or maybe non-stop. Regardless, i'm not worried about it much. The game will be new and interesting, regardless of level. If fast leveling is how they want to approach, then they will hopefully have a great amount of end-game/higher-level content to cushion players that don't take their time. Or else we could see another Age of Conan lack of game volume. A 800 gallon bucket is nice when you have 800 gallons to fill it with.

In sum, I think we can rest assured the devs will do as they feel will benefit the players best. Whether it be to blitz through low levels, and get right into the meat of the game, or to slow it down to require more hard work to start getting "epic lewtz."

-Duril

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Yes we need a korean to tell us whats going on :P

Ncsoft are a little slow..

give us all the jusy info.

PS: please post as my screenies (and videos) and info from the open beta. :-)

il give you cookies.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Durillien

I have to give you my thanks as well SSoJu. It's nice to have a good source of information while everyone outside of Korea is biting their nails with anxiousness. The game looks to be developing speedily, yet still retaining the deepness of content.

As for the the leveling discussion, I'd have to say that it could be slowed down abit, but then again, I think the 40 levels a week is based on hardcore gameplay ( 10-14 hrs per day, maybe? ) Or maybe non-stop. Regardless, i'm not worried about it much. The game will be new and interesting, regardless of level. If fast leveling is how they want to approach, then they will hopefully have a great amount of end-game/higher-level content to cushion players that don't take their time. Or else we could see another Age of Conan lack of game volume. A 800 gallon bucket is nice when you have 800 gallons to fill it with.
    In sum, I think we can rest assured the devs will do as they feel will benefit the players best. Whether it be to blitz through low levels, and get right into the meat of the game, or to slow it down to require more hard work to start getting "epic lewtz."

-Duril

The testers in CB only had a short amount of time to play per day. And some things where  bumped up like exp in order for players to get to higher lvl content faster for testing. So it will be reduced some for OB.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• joeshmoejoeshmoe Member Posts: 84

I hope you're right. I'd hate to get to max lvl within a ludicrously short amount of time.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by joeshmoe

I hope you're right. I'd hate to get to max lvl within a ludicrously short amount of time.

well from the sound of it the OP is saying even though it is really fast to level, the abyss makes up for it content wise. If i'm not mistaken the abyss is where all the pvp action and raiding takes place so it's the end game.

Hmm after I graduate college this year I should go visit my relatives in korea lol and try to get in on some Aion 

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Thanks for sharing the info! I have a feeling Aion will be a sleeper hit. Korean developers seem to be more talented than their western developer counter parts these days in programming and 3d animations.

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

Originally posted by joeshmoe

well from the sound of it the OP is saying even though it is really fast to level, the abyss makes up for it content wise. If i'm not mistaken the abyss is where all the pvp action and raiding takes place so it's the end game.

Hmm after I graduate college this year I should go visit my relatives in korea lol and try to get in on some Aion 

BLAH seriously, can't they come up with a different name than that? It has been used and abused so much :(.