Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

negative reviews

Sounds to me that most people who criticise this game here just find any reason ... Seems like you just failed terribly in this game...

It's not the perfect game out there but it has elements and features you just woant find in any other mmorpg...

You're either patient and dedicated and you like the challenge of coping or you don't...

Also there is no levels or similar, so it's all real time ingame for all players online...

And another thing barely mentionned appart from scams which you find everywhere is the community, EU has a great community, that's surely worth some bucks..

Comments

• dillettidilletti Member Posts: 73

I like EU.

Complete sandbox, no levels, no quests, no farmers and no gold selling spammers,  ...

... but it can get expensive. Especially if you wanted good gear and hunt big or pvp.

I said it before and I will say it again. There should be some competition. I wonder why no other company decides to do game based on similar model. If Sweden was the only country that allows it make a company there and do it.

• DashNightDashNight Member Posts: 11

EU in game name - Dash Night Shade - Soc - High Counsel -

Maybe that is what MA need right at this moment to actually realize there could be competition on the way for them. At the moment there is no other game like it out there. My wife and I play EU regularly and have done for a while now. As we don't look at EU as a get rich game like a lot do we would like to see MA give some more back to it's players. Yes the loots have decreased and yes the mining and manufacturing has also become a little expensive, but it is a game, entertainment call it what you will. However it is only as expensive as you let it become for you. As a regular player and depositor of EU I feel that competition would soon make MA change the way the game is structured or they will simply loose their client base to a game that is similar but a lot farer on the player. My wife and I will continue to play EU as we both love the constant challenge of skilling up, hunting, mining and manufacturing. But don't get me wrong for one second here, if something better comes along we will happily leave EU as quickly as we joined...

Dash...

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Dash, I agree to some extent with you.

MA surely has to realize that their RCE concept will be duplicated by others if they see it as a viable business platform. Whether that game is "better" or "worse" than Planet Calypso or the ENtropia Universe platform will be dependant on the individual viewpoint, I suppose.

The RCE isn't what got me to visit Calypso. It was the story. I like the idea of taming a planrt, fighting the killer robots... robots that mankind created. Because it's the story that hooked me, I don't know if I'd leave for a competitor... unless there was as much or more of a compelling storyline for a sci-fi geek like me.

I am also a regular depositor. The way I look at it, I'm paying to be entertained, same as if I was going to the movies, buying a book to read, paying for a lapdance, or any other entertainment venue.

At least Entropia is more affordable than lap dances. *chuckle*

AG

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• DashNightDashNight Member Posts: 11

You and I have a very similar attitude toward EU, I am also a sci fi nutter from way back. Well buddy we shall see what MA have install for us with the new planet partners and the new VU. Let's hope it is a positive step in the right direction not only for MA but for all of us in EU.

EU in game name - Dash Night Shade - Soc - High Counsel - ( Founder & Leader)

Dash...

Well the robot war  and Merry Mayhem made for a nice start...  :)

Alpha AG Geek

• MrchompyMrchompy Member Posts: 58

I think most of the people who hate the game either 1) Didn't deposit  or 2) Deposited a huge amount and expected to get rich RIGHT NOW, without really knowing how to make money in game.

If you are just playing for fun 10 or 20 bucks a month will get you by for swunting.

• ecatorecator Member Posts: 14

and I think MOST OF if not even ALL of ppl still bothering to defend that pathetic piece of shit are either retards,have been ingame 15minutes and think they know everything,or have simply deposhitted so much into the game that they have no other option but to praise it on every forum they can find and keep their fingers crossed that someone believes it..

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

And I would have to agree with you :D

People stil defend the game yet there are more peopel saying it's bad. It's like defending osama to be good when most people know and say he is bad. Have fun continuing to defend EU but by looking at reviews and the ratings, that explains it's a lost cause =P

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

Mrchompy I agree. Entropia is probably a bit complex for the short attention span crowd. The complaints are from the tic-tac-toe crowd, not the chess players.  :)

Alpha AG Geek

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

Sure you are right says the EU player of 5 years :D

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

• Renton81Renton81 Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by ecator

and I think MOST OF if not even ALL of ppl still bothering to defend that pathetic piece of shit are either retards,have been ingame 15minutes and think they know everything,or have simply deposhitted so much into the game that they have no other option but to praise it on every forum they can find and keep their fingers crossed that someone believes it..

Just cuz your poor mate, no need to take it out on a game.  I mean first step you might want to take is try and land yourself in a career where you can get a decent job.  Job = Money, hence you can pay for your bills, necessities and leisure.

In terms of Leisure this game gives the most enjoyment by far, if you don't play the game foolishly.  There are very few people on this forum who have played as many MMO's as me.  I'm so certain of that because i was once a "foolish" player in EU and i quit the game.  I spent 1 and a half years playing all sorts of MMO's trying to find something to play in spare time.  Using a similar site to this where it had alphabetically ordered MMO games i went over the large majority of the games, downloaded played each for at least a week, if not more, joined socs, guilds, corps, met people.... Then after just over a year i decided to just quickly pop back into Entropia Universe out of curiosity, and it all came back to me.  I realised that EU is quite possibly the most greatest experience a gamer can have.

And one more other thing that i've noticed!  After playing a few of the games (There are loads! but i'll give one example with EvE online),  When you generally speak with some people in various corps and even on Help (where there are veterans) and Rookie chat channel... you'll meet alot of people who actually freely admit that they are unemployed - No Lies! Go out and sort out your real life first before you start playing games, for crying out loud!  And i know that there's a large portion of unemployed people who play MMO games in general.  The ones that come into Entropia (usually the ones expecting to make money) leave the game after they realise that MindArk don't walk up to you and say "Hey thanks for joining Entropia and shooting a few mobs, here's $3,000 for the sake of it".

Received my first Free UGC code! :)
    Claim your Free UGC code Here

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by Renton81

In terms of Leisure this game gives the most enjoyment by far, if you don't play the game foolishly.  There are very few people on this forum who have played as many MMO's as me.  I'm so certain of that because i was once a "foolish" player in EU and i quit the game.  I spent 1 and a half years playing all sorts of MMO's trying to find something to play in spare time.  Using a similar site to this where it had alphabetically ordered MMO games i went over the large majority of the games, downloaded played each for at least a week, if not more, joined socs, guilds, corps, met people.... Then after just over a year i decided to just quickly pop back into Entropia Universe out of curiosity, and it all came back to me.  I realised that EU is quite possibly the most greatest experience a gamer can have.
    Ok, you have got to be joking, Best enjoyment by far? To each their own I guess.

Additions in blue.

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• Renton81Renton81 Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by Nytewolf2k7

Ok, you have got to be joking, Best enjoyment by far? To each their own I guess.
    True that, to each their own.  But practically ALL mmos revolve around grinding and based on levels. You may enjoy that but you won't be experiencing much.  Entropia is different - what other game puts you on an emotional rollercoaster varying from frustration to extreme joy, to anger to relief.  This game emphasizes those experiences due to the fact that the economy is linked to real life.  In other games if you die, you just brush it off and log off to look at ur emails or something.  This is extreme gaming, you just need the balls to play it out properly.
    I doubt they expect that, I'm more inclined to believe that they believe what some of their reps boast (through the media) that you can make, then when they get into the game... Its another story.

You clearly have no understanding about the game.  If you actually spent one evening in New arrivals and talk to the some of the newcomers you'll see that most come with the misconception that if you just install the game you're gauranteed to make money lol....MindArk haven't advertised the RCE that strongly.  Sometimes they may emphasize that you can make money ingame, which is true - you can.  Its just very difficult.  Besides, now that First Planet has been set up and other game companies are signing in on new planets using the Entropia platform, MA are seeming concentrate less on the RCE content.  You're clearly taking it out of proportion though, i mean find me a link which literally says "if you play the game you get money - period"
    Ultimately i think you're an indivdual who's just had a bad experience with entropia full stop.  As it stands i see more people interested in Entropia on this forum than people who dislike it.

Side Note: If you dislike the game so much why the hell are you an Ambassador for Entropia Universe...There's ways of getting you stripped of that by the way.

Received my first Free UGC code! :)
    Claim your Free UGC code Here

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

You clearly have no understanding about the game. If you actually spent one evening in New arrivals and talk to the some of the newcomers you'll see that most come with the misconception that if you just install the game you're gauranteed to make money

I have, and that is just one of several different things that I have heard, another being the one I mentioned.

You're clearly taking it out of proportion though, i mean find me a link which literally says "if you play the game you get money - period"

No, I had one, but the article isn't online anymore, I can't find it anywhere and I have no reason to lie. STM Magazine January 2007 issues would be a great start. Though upon re-reading a hard-copy of the original I will admit its possible the writer took it out of context, though doubtful, I trust the reporter.

Ultimately i think you're an indivdual who's just had a bad experience with entropia full stop.

I've had both actually, though the bad outnumber the good :-p

As it stands i see more people interested in Entropia on this forum than people who dislike it.

That's a matter of opinion, dear sir.

If you dislike the game so much why the hell are you an Ambassador for Entropia Universe...There's ways of getting you stripped of that by the way.

Because they know I am a critical reviewer and paid game critic who's not afraid to speak his mind, unlike others. Besides, I was an ambassador for 2008, not 2009 :-p someone needs to check their facts.

I advertise the game on my blog, but I give them the Pros AND the cons, unbiased, for all to see, If no-one likes it, well they're free to walk :-p

Also, As I have stated in a previous reply in a different thread (which I am doubting you read) I hate the people who come onto these forums and claim that everything with the game is fine, everything is like some gift from god, the people who refuse to admit the bad things and sweep them under the carpet... I hate them more then I hate the game :-p

So take off those Rose Coloured glasses (M, L, C) , they don't suit you.

And I will admit this, some of the only things I like about the game are mining and the towns and cities, as well as the sandbox nature of the game. I like a decent sandbox type MMO...

The reason I am still playing is... Because I want my money back, I'm selling out, just too busy to actually get it done though :-p and the stuff I have has dropped in markup significantly since the financial crisis began =/

Oh, and lay off the threats.

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)