Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is why DnL developer Np3Cube was convicted in French court in March 08.

2»

Comments

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

TBH the game sucked even if they didn't steal from this company. This POS game should be taken off of mmorpg.com, I can't believe people still actually follow this and comment here.

Who let you in the VIP section?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• _Pix__Pix_ Member Posts: 276

@Solareus:

agh50 made another mistake: we never made any "Enigma" product. Never mind, you will certainly find the correct name by yourself.

Oh, and you are right, VWORLD associates are not very visible on the Internet. You know, you have 2 types of people: people who show off but don't produce anything or fail if they try. And people who work.

Some of NP3/Farlan associates are very easy to find on the Internet. Google Frederic Caille or Cesar Jacquet, you will find e.g. this link, dating mid 2003:  http://the-junkyard.net/interviews.php?action=viewinterview&id=39

which is to me a very good summary of DnL:

Cesar came to Vincent Pourieux (aka Pix to differentiate from Vincent Pelisson, aka Plis) 2 years ago and presented a project that was to become Dark and Light. Pix started to talk to Cesar closer after Cesar saw the terrain rendering technology Pix was developing.

Then, Stephane Quilichini, Gilles Zedde and Frederic Caille designed (mostly in their heads) with Cesar what Dark and Light should be. And, as far as I know, they brainstormed a lot. They were all Everquest players and fans and also traditional RPG players and Game Masters with limited computer gaming development knowledge. So Pix asked a bunch of guys to work on the project (the 4 seniors), and after a lot of talking everyone decided to move to Reunion Island to develop the game.

If you insist a bit, you will even be able to see their more recent photos:

http://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Cesar_Jacquet/1043333392

http://www.pilotlist.org/trombino/fiche.php?id=1668

You will find also most recent family holiday photos: http://flickr.com/photos/26604956@N08/

and hobby photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/frederic_caille/

Enjoy.

PS: I think this gives a clue to the OP.

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

ACK!!

/wipes egg off face

After putting my glasses on NOW I see that the two products were EINGANA  ACT 1, and EINGANA  ACT 1.5.

Where I came up with ENIGMA  I don't know!

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

PS:  Never get old

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368
    We don't know. But it doesn't matter because you still can't anwser this question:
    Even if Pix is satan himself, Vworld was just asking to be stolen and you have all the evidence to prove it, how does that erase all the other problems with the game? How does that erase the fact that nobody else at the company could program their way out of a cardboard box? How does that forgive the fact that they stole from their customers and charged money from people who had no desire to play? How does that change the way they lied to and mistreated every single paying customer in every way they could come up with?
    Seriously, either anwser that question or nothing you have to say about Pix matters. The guy could be Hitler for all I care, it still doesn't make DnL a good game.

I've answered that question many times in my posts already. I've even created a topic here that addresses the fat that DNL wasn't really as bugged pr as bad as people like to portray it.

I believe their bad developer created the programming faults. He had a great responsibility, but he was incompetent. The broken game he left behind was full bad code. Just like when he left the Eingana project. And the DnL developers did launch a lot of good patches. They address a number of things and even fully overhauled the UI. There were also plans of launching Mafate 2.0, which was more efficient and with updated graphics.. I've already mentioned this many times in discussion threads. You can take a look at Campion's journal.

Also, they didn't steal anything from their customers. In fact, they GAVE to their customers. The game became free to play and I was given several months of free play prior to this.

The problem was that people were falsely claiming refunds for a product they had bought and played for no valid reason. People were not billed erroneously if they didn't click pay twice. In some cases that's what happened and what you really saw was a  number of people twisting the story. Now the popular belief is that Farlan and the payment system was cheating customers. That's b.s. it's not what happened.  The only time they stole anything from anyone was when they promised a map to some pioneers. The map never arrived. But, really, that issue is highly twisted too. I don't really know what happened with that promise or what it was. I just know taht I keep hearing about it all the time.

Also. It's not true that they lied and mistreated their customers.  I was a customer for a long time and I was never mistreated. I liked the game and I didn't have any problems with the payment system or the customer support. The only reason I quit Dark and Light was because I felt ranger pets were overpowered and that I couldn't compete in PvP. I hoped for the devs to balance it and it never happened. So I kept dieing in matter of seconds. That sucked. Also, I had played the game so much that I needed a break anyway.

I loved Dark and LIght. It was a wonderful game. I just wish development could have continued with an online game. I am still hoping for PvP events, more balanced classes and playerhousing/playercities. :)

Dark and LIght IS in development in China and it WILL relaunch. Just give it a year or two. I know it will make another re-appearance. .. Also, the recent verdict dismissed Pix of his acusations. It was a draw, so DnL won. :)

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by solareus

http://www.chapitre.com/CHAPITRE/fr/BOOK/collectif/eingana-act-1-cd-rom,2316789.aspx
    What is it , seems that is it about Pagainism
    I really don't want to meet you , or your family, I would like to see the contract you signed during the production of DnL, that I think will clear everything up and people would beable to believe you .

I very much agree.

And I'd like you to post a journal, if you dare, about what really happened. With Campion and with DnL. Without the lies you've been feeding us. But, of course that will never happen because you know you can't tell the truth. It would jeopardize you legally.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

"Originally posted by ZtyX"

Due to the poor quote system on this forum and the sheer number of insane things Zytx says, I'll quote Zytx in red and reply in standard white text.

"I've answered that question many times in my posts already. I've even created a topic here that addresses the fat that DNL wasn't really as bugged pr as bad as people like to portray it."

No, you haven't because all of that was disproved. The game IS as buggy, unfinished and just plain BAD as it was portrayed. Remember you are talking to someone who played it so I know what it was like. Your hype won't work here.

"I believe their bad developer created the programming faults. He had a great responsibility, but he was incompetent. The broken game he left behind was full bad code. "

And as I've told YOU before, there are two problems with this:

1. Pix was hired to bring Vworld technology to DnL, which he did. Vworld was used to create the terrain for the game, which was probably the only thing in the game which worked properly and the only part of their graphics engine which actually looked good. It was not his job to create features or content and that is where the problems with the game were. The bad programming was done long after he had already left the company.

2. Even IF Pix is a bad programmer, that still doesn't explain all the OTHER problems with the game, for example the way they stole from their customers or why the moderators were rude to paying customers.

"Also, they didn't steal anything from their customers."

Are we forgetting about how they took money from people who had already cancelled their subscriptions? Most people call that stealing.

"The problem was that people were falsely claiming refunds for a product they had bought and played for no valid reason. People were not billed erroneously if they didn't click pay twice."

Again there are two problems with this:

1. If a product doesn't work people are going to want refunds for it! DnL never worked and thus people got refunds for it. I was one of the people who cancelled early in SoG and got my refund before they tried to stop giving refunds so I know that refunds were in fact being given out, so obviously someone agreed with me that we deserved refunds.

2. "click pay twice" ??? What the hell are you talking about? Who would choose to pay TWICE for a game that wasn't even good enough to pay for the first time around? And what does this have to do with Click and Buy taking money out of the accounts of people who had already told them to stop?

Seriously, explain to me how PIX being a bad programmer could possibly have caused "billing errors" at a totally different company.

"Also. It's not true that they lied and mistreated their customers. I was a customer for a long time and I was never mistreated. "

The reason you never got mistreatred was because you were a fanboy. You were like a lapdog to them. You sat and agreed with everything they said and stroked their ego. For the rest of us who saw how horrible the game was, how they were ripping us off and even stealing from us, they simply banned us from the forum the moment we brought up any of these issues. Report a bug? Ban. Complain about lag? Ban. Ask for help getting the game to actually run properly on your system? Ban. And god forbid you ask for a refund. If there was such a thing as a double ban thats what you would get for asking for a refund.

As for the lies, they most obviously did that because they advertized a game with features and released a broken terrain simulator with no features. Clearly someone lied there.

"Dark and LIght IS in development in China and it WILL relaunch."

DnL is NOT in development in China or anywhere else. Where is the funding coming from? Not from Snailgame: english.17173.com/content/2008-06-21/20080621000856544.shtml

So if Snailgame isn't working on the game in China, who is? I hope you aren't going to claim Chinese Shadowbane cheaters like another person on this forum.

Seriously, either show some proof that anyone in China has even the slightest interest in this game or its nothing but a rumor.

"Also, the recent verdict dismissed Pix of his acusations. It was a draw, so DnL won."

You are getting forgetful again. First, NP3 was also dissmissed of their absurd counter suit. Secondly there is still the matter of the OTHER lawsuit which Pix already won. So...

Pix: 1

DnL: 0

So last but not least:

Explain to me how Pix being a bad programmer caused the other DnL devs to be even worse programmers, how it caused the forum moderators to behave like asshats and how it caused Click and Buy to take money out of the accounts of people who already cancelled their accounts.

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284
    Originally posted by Raltar

Due to the poor quote system on this forum and the sheer number of insane things Zytx says, I'll quote Zytx in red and reply in standard white text.

"I've answered that question many times in my posts already. I've even created a topic here that addresses the fat that DNL wasn't really as bugged pr as bad as people like to portray it."
    No, you haven't because all of that was disproved. The game IS as buggy, unfinished and just plain BAD as it was portrayed. Remember you are talking to someone who played it so I know what it was like. Your hype won't work here.

"I believe their bad developer created the programming faults. He had a great responsibility, but he was incompetent. The broken game he left behind was full bad code. "
    1. Pix was hired to bring Vworld technology to DnL, which he did. Vworld was used to create the terrain for the game, which was probably the only thing in the game which worked properly and the only part of their graphics engine which actually looked good. It was not his job to create features or content and that is where the problems with the game were. The bad programming was done long after he had already left the company.
    2. Even IF Pix is a bad programmer, that still doesn't explain all the OTHER problems with the game, for example the way they stole from their customers or why the moderators were rude to paying customers.

Are we forgetting about how they took money from people who had already cancelled their subscriptions? Most people call that stealing.

"The problem was that people were falsely claiming refunds for a product they had bought and played for no valid reason. People were not billed erroneously if they didn't click pay twice."
    1. If a product doesn't work people are going to want refunds for it! DnL never worked and thus people got refunds for it. I was one of the people who cancelled early in SoG and got my refund before they tried to stop giving refunds so I know that refunds were in fact being given out, so obviously someone agreed with me that we deserved refunds.
    2. "click pay twice" ??? What the hell are you talking about? Who would choose to pay TWICE for a game that wasn't even good enough to pay for the first time around? And what does this have to do with Click and Buy taking money out of the accounts of people who had already told them to stop?
    Seriously, explain to me how PIX being a bad programmer could possibly have caused "billing errors" at a totally different company.

"Also. It's not true that they lied and mistreated their customers. I was a customer for a long time and I was never mistreated. "
    The reason you never got mistreatred was because you were a fanboy. You were like a lapdog to them. You sat and agreed with everything they said and stroked their ego. For the rest of us who saw how horrible the game was, how they were ripping us off and even stealing from us, they simply banned us from the forum the moment we brought up any of these issues. Report a bug? Ban. Complain about lag? Ban. Ask for help getting the game to actually run properly on your system? Ban. And god forbid you ask for a refund. If there was such a thing as a double ban thats what you would get for asking for a refund.
    As for the lies, they most obviously did that because they advertized a game with features and released a broken terrain simulator with no features. Clearly someone lied there.

DnL is NOT in development in China or anywhere else. Where is the funding coming from? Not from Snailgame: english.17173.com/content/2008-06-21/20080621000856544.shtml
    So if Snailgame isn't working on the game in China, who is? I hope you aren't going to claim Chinese Shadowbane cheaters like another person on this forum.
    Seriously, either show some proof that anyone in China has even the slightest interest in this game or its nothing but a rumor.

"Also, the recent verdict dismissed Pix of his acusations. It was a draw, so DnL won."
    You are getting forgetful again. First, NP3 was also dissmissed of their absurd counter suit. Secondly there is still the matter of the OTHER lawsuit which Pix already won. So...

So last but not least:
    Explain to me how Pix being a bad programmer caused the other DnL devs to be even worse programmers, how it caused the forum moderators to behave like asshats and how it caused Click and Buy to take money out of the accounts of people who already cancelled their accounts.

Hahaha, D&L didn't steal from people?  Really?  Is that why the Better Business Bureau, the French Court of Law, and the State of New York went to bat and got my and other people's stolen money returned?  If they didn't steal from us, wouldn't that mean that now the French and the state of New York stole from poor Np3Cube Ztyx?

Man, you are a tool.

Raltar, you went above and beyond to prove an idiot is an idiot.  Well, he's probably one of the jackasses that ripped people off to be honest.  Nobody is dumb enough to want to play that POS 'game'.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by oronisi

Originally posted by Raltar

So last but not least:

Hahaha, D&L didn't steal from people?  Really?  Is that why the Better Business Bureau, the French Court of Law, and the State of New York went to bat and got my and other people's stolen money returned?  If they didn't steal from us, wouldn't that mean that now the French and the state of New York stole from poor Np3Cube Ztyx?

Man, you are a tool.

Raltar, you went above and beyond to prove an idiot is an idiot.  Well, he's probably one of the jackasses that ripped people off to be honest.  Nobody is dumb enough to want to play that POS 'game'.

Oh never under estimate Ztyx when it comes to the brain department...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• MCEscherMCEscher Member Posts: 97

I almost never post on this site, but I have been reading about this game's demise.. so I had to make my first post in about a year to say that Zytx is clearly an idiot.

• _Pix__Pix_ Member Posts: 276

Ho, BTW, the Appeal Court  rendered its decision 7 days in advance. No need to wait for the17th: result is that NPCube was again dismissed, but in appeal this time. It seems that the game is over. At least for now.