Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can you swallow the graphics?

2»

Comments

• InEccessInEccess Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Graphics mean nothing to me. If the game play is fun, I'll play it even if I'm just moving a dot around. I still MUD for that very reason. I think graphics are the least of what I look for in a MMOG.

• DeathBladeDeathBlade Member Posts: 33
    i agree with derer.... graphics do not ALWAYS make the game.. but they do usually help :)

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

i just LOVE talking to 13 year old about graphics.  I'm sorry but i started gaming with atari (im not kidding) then i got a nes, then a snes and i was like omg this looks awesome.  you see the people who mainly complain about games with horrible graphics tend to of started gaming before the old "classic" games.  Hell i bet 60% of the people who complain about graphics have never once played a nes/snes game on the console, and not on the computer.  Heck ive only had my computer for like 4 years.  Now i played CoH the graphics were allright, but the gameplay sucked, same with L2.  Okay i will say that DAoC does not have the best graphics, but before you guys complain about it get all the expansions k?

heres a screenshot http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Bladin/DAoC_12.jpg

like i said it may not be the best, but it still has its "wow moments"  And i have never once said in my entire time playing the game, this games graphics are horrible.  But then again, ive been playing games wirth worse graphics for a long time

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

srylag caused me to double post =/

• NosterrexNosterrex Member Posts: 9

I thought the graphics were very good, and they will be better after Catacombs is released. I quit DAOC about a month ago after playing it daily for over three years, so I have no reason to hype the game. It's still my favorite mmorpg, and I've played  just about everything from EQ to L2. I'm sure I've missed a few, too. 

My frustration or aggravation with DAOC has nothing to do with the graphics, and I certainly prefer the interface and interaction to everything else I've tried.  Since this thread is about graphics, I won't deviate from the topic and discuss why I left.image

• MafialifeMafialife Member Posts: 3

• mvinmvin Member UncommonPosts: 53

Graphics don't really matter that much for me, Gameplay and community is what makes this mmorpg so good :-)

And if u don't think the community is good, then your not trying enough :-)

Did i mention Ping Pong gave me many hours of fun, maybe i'm just simpel minded image

Dark Age of Camelot

Icestrike - Bonedancer - Excalibur
    Neverstrike - Thane - Excalibur

• mrwussmrwuss Member Posts: 2

exactly

If I wanted a pretty game , I would buy a brand new computer for wish.

Its about content and playability, and Daoc has both nailed.

Originally posted by hercules

Well DAoC is 3 years old to be honest.
    So yes its graphics are getting out of date.But so is AO!
    People play a mmorpg for the content and gameplay.If it was all about graphics games like UO and shadowbane would be dead in the water long ago.

• TsenTsen Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by mvin

Graphics don't really matter that much for me, Gameplay and community is what makes this mmorpg so good :-)
    And if u don't think the community is good, then your not trying enough :-)
    Did i mention Ping Pong gave me many hours of fun, maybe i'm just simpel minded image

Dark Age of Camelot
    Icestrike - Bonedancer - Excalibur
    Neverstrike - Thane - Excalibur

Well community has and is going to hell.

On merlin and Ingrain we have had atleast 15 to 20 ppl steal artis and items from ppl to sell and cash out of the game its so funny.

The people playing the game dont give two shits anymore about anything but themselves hense the attitude that this game is comming to an end.

Also, I read a post on the raider of the lost arti site .. that someone actually joined the guild .. gave a cottage as a nice jester for there guild hall then after 2 weeks after the guild filled the cottage and filled the vaults which btw was upgraded to a house then a villa all the vaults where cleaned out the guild name removed or dismatled  from the server and started selling the items like the dragon heads and trophies on a vender, SOld the villla for something like 60 plat. Then i bet turned around and sold the plat to players or a plat companies that sell plat for money.

lol

Now because csr do there job so well nothing can be done to help those who got ripped .

SAY THAT AGAIN "RIPPPPED !!!"

Sorry but thief is thief and CSR dont give two shits about it.

GAME OVER!!!!

Would you like to play a game?

Helllo, My name is Indego Montoya, You killed my father prepare to die.

(Repeat)

Helllo, My name is Indego Montoya, You killed my father prepare to die.

(Repeat)