Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More wepons

It Seems kind of Strange how after the Fusion Blaster the next gun worth getting is the Grav Beam. i think there should be a 700k-1 mil wepon, maybe a rocket lancher or a missle lancher that tracks and does 100-150 dmg per rocket and uses 2x the engery as the fusion.

And a 1mil-2 mil wepon i dont have an idea for this one yet, ill edit or post again when i do.

Thanks

-Styer

Comments

• AmanteAmante Member Posts: 12

Personally I think it'd be nice to see some changes in the weapons as well.. However, I'm not sure a homing missile would be ideal.. The Graviton Beam is the ultimate weapon for people who can't aim for shit.  It also hurts like hell.  What I'd like to see is a weapon that does high damage like the Graviton Beam, but requires skill to use.  Obviously, it would be cheaper than the Graviton.  I'd also like to see a weapon that costs the same as the Graviton (or even slightly more), does more damage, but requires even MORE skill to use effectively.

Weapons like the Hellborne Laser and the Deathray, while doing high damage, they aren't really that great for overall damage, even if you can aim perfectly.  The laser is restricted by your turning speed, and the deathray requires you to get up close and personal.  Even then, it's only good for a small burst of damage, as any competent player then runs away.  Once someone knows you HAVE the deathray, they simply fight you with ranged attacks and you get no more hits in.

What we need are weapons similar to the special weapon of the Intergalactic ship.  It shoots a spray of 8ish bullets, each one dealing a small amount of damage.  Not too great when you only get hit by one.  The secret to using the weapon is to get right up close and blast someone with 2-4 shots, nailing them with all or nearly all of the 8 bullets, every time.  It requires skill to pull it off, but the IG ship has the speed and turning to pull it off against any opponent.

This game plays a LOT like Cosmic Rift, I am unsure if people here played it at any point.. I played extensively when it was free, and for a short time after it went pay to play.  Probably one of the best weapons that required the most skill was the MIRV missile.  It wouldn't hit anything for the first second it was out, then it split into 6 smaller missiles.  You had to have the enemy ship in the PERFECT spot to get all 6 missiles to land, a difficult task since both ships are always moving.  However, a skilled pilot could pull it off.  Obviously, unless you landed all 6 missiles, the damage wasn't incredible enough to scream about.  This weapon was a special weapon, you could only hold 2 at a time.  But a perfect hit pretty much guaranteed you a kill.

I'm not saying bring MIRVs to this game, I'm just giving an example of a high-skill high-damage weapon.  Another idea could be a multi-shot weapon that shoots out from the sides of the ship, flies around to the front, and all the bullets collide somewhere in front of your ship.  Again, solo, the bullets wouldn't do much damage, but if you nailed someone with all of them (say, 6-8 in total, fired from different spots around the front half of the ship, all flying their own path - probably symmetrical), you'd do high damage.  To even further the difficulty of the shot, ship speed would play a large role.  If you're moving sideways, the shot would move sideways.  You'd want to be sitting still or moving at a steady speed to get the best aim possible.