Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A very good reason to just go ahead and vote for Ron Paul

If you want real change

www.house.gov/htbin/blog_inc

There has been much evidence of fraud at Fannie and Freddie, but when one man, Franklin Raines, defrauded the organization out of millions of dollars through illegal accounting tricks, and ends up agreeing to pay back just a fraction, one could argue that it was well worth it to him. Fannie went on to only get more deeply involved in subprime mortgages after this investigation. Several organizations are suffering right now precisely because the free market is trying to work and punish mismanagement, if only the government would get out of the way and let it. Perhaps banks are not lending to each other because they know that complicated accounting standards, created in part to defend against confiscatory tax policy, enables false fiscal pictures to be presented, which erodes trust. But this is not a time for the government to step in with more burdensome and complicated regulations, or more foolish liquidity injections. This is a time for some banks to fail, and remaining banks to deal honestly and transparently once again. More regulations will only result in more lies.

Comments

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Tell me again how the most sensible, intelligent, and honest candidate for the Republican presidential  nominee ends up losing? 

Oh yeah I remember, corporations buy their candidates these days. I guess Ron Paul  wasn't enough of a corporate puppet to be worth putting into the presidential office.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Desalus

Tell me again how the most sensible, intelligent, and honest candidate for the Republican presidential  nominee ends up losing? 
    Oh yeah I remember, corporations buy their candidates these days. I guess Ron Paul  wasn't enough of a corporate puppet to be worth putting into the presidential office.

Barack Obama

University of California $777,593

Goldman Sachs $743,371

Harvard University $505,989

Citigroup Inc $499,598

Google Inc $493,705

John McCain

Merrill Lynch $349,920

Citigroup Inc $290,101

Morgan Stanley $249,377

Goldman Sachs $220,045

JPMorgan Chase & Co $210,992 

So Obama will be the better puppet for the corporations? As they are pouring in 2 to 3 times the money to his campaign...

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Either party works. They will both bend to corporate will when it really comes down to it.

My speculation as to why Obama has received more funding?  A. More promising candidate and/or they started sending in more money when they saw the race heading in a certain direction

Both parties like people to think that they are polar opposites of each other, when in reality they have more similarities than differences. One of those being the tight grip that corporations have on them. As long as the public doesn't catch on, the two party dictatorship will live on.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

way to wiggle yourself out of that one, desalus.

let me guess, you probably believe republicans are racist too.

blah blah. republicans are racist and for the mega corporations. democrats are for the little guys!!@!@#!

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406
    Originally posted by bluberryhaze

blah blah. republicans are racist and for the mega corporations. democrats are for the little guys!!@!@#!

Looks like he despises both parties, and understands either one will screw him over given the chance.

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

There is a HUGE, and I mean HUGE, problem with Ron Paul that is overlooked by many.  When you put country before all else, including your own party, you will get isolated by your own party and often by the media.  You cannot "succeed" in the United States of America political system unless you are a loyalist to at least one of the parties. 

Go on.  Try.  Go run for office.  Go "participate."  Let' see how far you can get.  You must, and I mean you must, declare "allegiance" to one party.  After declaring "allegiance" you might be able to be honest and turn a little bit, but be very, very careful. 

The only way to change this is to not vote for the parties, and I am not advocating that.  I love the Republican and Democratic parties.  I love them.  I love them.  I love them.  They help America.  They organize our elections for us to give us vetted choices.  I love them.   OK.  I feel better.  I am loyal to the two party system.  

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by bluberryhaze

How will the democrats and republicans wiggle their way out of being hated for both voting for the bailout? No matter what either of them say they are not looking out for our best interests or the Constitutions.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!