Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im pissed off

logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Im really pissed off with the state of mmos.

Maybe this would be more of a general forum post but...

anything thats out at the moment is boring imo. I came from DAOC and WoW and tried AoC and WAR and didnt like either.

Im back to playing WoW, I see this, it looks incredibly interesting and whats this....the games dying? I cant even get a free account?

If the game is half as interesting as there little video makes it look then why cant they get someone, maybe even a bigger company to pick it up? Its a virtual business in a box to a big company....take the game down for a couple weeks, make some tweaks, polish, reach out to ex account holders, rerelease WALLA--great game.

Comments

• bushwhacker2bushwhacker2 Member Posts: 14

I agree... I don't understand how crappy mmos can have such success while this is on it's deathbed...

In my opnion this is a great game and if it had more advertising and people who updated and patched this would be a heavy contender in the MMO wars.

• TheRagTheRag Member Posts: 17

Maybe if they didn't charge you over 30 dollars for a four year old game? I was going to try it, but not if I have to buy the game. Maybe letting people download it for free might get more people to try it.

• bushwhacker2bushwhacker2 Member Posts: 14

Take a chill pill. The download is free, they're just having billing issues.

Originally posted by bushwhacker2

Take a chill pill. The download is free, they're just having billing issues.

Yes, the download is free, but if you play past the trial period, you are charged approx 30 dollars for the game. At least that's what it says on their web site.

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

And I haven't been charged a cent... priceless

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

Originally posted by Nytewolf2k7

I take it from your post that you have continued to play after the trial period? How long ago did you start playing?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

according to the nc2 forums existing accounts look like they are free but u can't create new accounts using paypal but u can with click2pay etc(i just did)

with no client cost and e5 monthly

i think this is right

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381
    What i love about nc is it started me on mmo's it is my parent to mmo's and i will always play it as it is my home for life, and one good thing is that nc will never die even if it only had 1 player, becouse unlike most mmo's today it is a self sustaining company and thay owe no money to anyone so thay could actully run it for free and not worry for cost's, look at games like hellgate london thay die becouse thay cant affored to keep it running due to shortage of players.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

client costs 25 euros

• jnkyjnky Member Posts: 36

Neocron 1 was awesome, Neocron 2 was Neocron 1 with more space and a re-jig of factions and mobs.

Last time I played which was well over a year ago the population was dead....sorry guys but you missed it

herb...herb is a plant

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by TheRag

Originally posted by Nytewolf2k7

I take it from your post that you have continued to play after the trial period? How long ago did you start playing?

Nearly 2 years with this account, since beta with my old one. I just removed the subscription and whamm-o I was able to log into Neocron free, hehe. 

And its not as dead as some would have you believe, 100 people doesn't exactly make a game dead, just... Near dead. I love small communities of good people, rather than large communities of idiots.

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)