Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 vs WAR sieges...

ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Sigh, after all this time, I was hoping for a game with sieges similar to L2 ones. But nope, WAR wasn't that kind of game.

I won't start with comparing the world size, classes or community. I'll just say this about the WAR's main focus: sieges.

Lineage 2 sieges are still incredibly fun and WAR ones are nothing compared to them. Also, in WAR, getting a keep means only your name wrote there. In L2, this will enable your guild lots of features.

There are many things to be said but in the end, L2's open PvP seems the best. Maybe the casual and friendly approach for MMOs isn't that good, maybe L2 being my first MMO made me like it too much...but i still think this is the best MMO focused on large-scale PvP ever.

Comments

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

I haven't played WAR but this doesn't surprise me.

Do they have a free trial yet?

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Keeps in WAR do offer bonuses, have you ever captured a keep in Tier 4 yet, or is this all assumption?

Siege warfare may be different from L2 to WAR, if you prefer NCsofts version better, you might want to check out AION:Tower of Eternity. The siege warfare from L2 will be in there along with the WoW version of PVE and a few other interesting new ideas. 

Also guilds level up, so if you capture a keep lets say, and your guild is only level 1, you would not be really receving as many benefits. Lets also not forget that L2 has been out for a while where WAR has only been out for a month.  Mythic is doing a great job of updating the game and adding content..if you wait or post your response about this, they may end up giving siege warfare or keeps the correct bonuses.