Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the new OP class?

RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

So with expansion coming up and latest patch; I hear rumors that the most OP class have changed. I think of in group and single pvp.

What is the new kill all classes class?

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Rdlaban

So with expansion coming up and latest patch; I hear rumors that the most OP class have changed. I think of in group and single pvp.

ret pallies, they can stun you with their mighty hamer and DPS you down in a few seconds. rogue style only worse http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/17/patch-3-0-2-primer-for-retribution-paladins/

But its known and blizzard agree so theres a nerf incoming soon.

• cult7cult7 Member Posts: 59

retri palas for sure.But a nerfbat is coming

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

pirate ninjas

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by TheHavok

pirate ninjas

F**ckin hate pirate ninjas..

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Pepsipwnzgod

Originally posted by TheHavok

pirate ninjas

F**ckin hate pirate ninjas..

They make me happy

in my pants.

• cptnj4cptnj4 Member Posts: 168

I was unfortunate enough to be in a Warsong against 7 pallys, most were Ret spec and they absolutely destroyed us.  Our players were fairly geared and at least for the 4 other guildies that played  with me are pretty damn good pvpers but we got smoked.  They burned through cloth and rogues like nothing and their armor buffs make them damn hard to kill...

• AntipopealanAntipopealan Member Posts: 62

So retri pallys are the new OP class! Lol, they used to be the laughable dps class!

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Ret is being nerfed very soon.  they won't even be OP by the time Wrath launches.

The ironic thing about Ret right now is that you should actually try and prolong the fight against them.  They really play a lot like rogues.... if you survive the first 5 seconds, you probably are going to win against them.

In the past, the only chance most pallies had against any player was to string out the fight... they were just impossible to kill... now they are mostly about that intial burst damage.

In Arenas, I think Restro druids used to be the clear favorite class.  They received two significant nerfs.. the first is the lifebloom isn't as good of a healing spelll (slight nerf) but another interesting nerf for arena was that feral charge was moved down the feral tree so that most restro druids can no longer get it.  Restro/Arena players in the past would use feral charge  a lot as an interupt.

I think it's way to early to tell who the favorite classes will be in Arena at lvl 80.  I think restro druids will still be the favored healer because they can cast a lot of their heal spells while running and they still have travel form and cat/stealth.

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by coffee

ret pallies, they can stun you with their mighty hamer and DPS you down in a few seconds. rogue style only worse http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/17/patch-3-0-2-primer-for-retribution-paladins/

They did a hotfix on Ret two days ago that nerfed them quite a bit.

However notice how the complaint is PvP based, its extremely hard for a game to be both balanced PvP and PvE, whenever changes are made there are balance issues, so right now Ret is undergoing balancing, but Bliz has stated they want all DPS capible classes to be able to do SIMILAR (not equal) damage.

Yes a mage and a hunter should beat a ret pallies DPS in any raid.

No you shouldn't be upset about losing to one in PVP

its a Plate wearing giant weapon wielding avenger of the light.

IT SHOULD HURT!

(BTW I've never speced ret, I'm a prot pally)

oh and have you tried dueling a feral druid?  those things are insane now.

Every class got buffed a lot, Frost mages are NOT Fair, seriously, watch out for them.

• RiddarEQ2RiddarEQ2 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Jerid13

Originally posted by coffee

They did a hotfix on Ret two days ago that nerfed them quite a bit.

However notice how the complaint is PvP based, its extremely hard for a game to be both balanced PvP and PvE, whenever changes are made there are balance issues, so right now Ret is undergoing balancing, but Bliz has stated they want all DPS capible classes to be able to do SIMILAR (not equal) damage.

Yes a mage and a hunter should beat a ret pallies DPS in any raid.

No you shouldn't be upset about losing to one in PVP

its a Plate wearing giant weapon wielding avenger of the light.

IT SHOULD HURT!

(BTW I've never speced ret, I'm a prot pally)

oh and have you tried dueling a feral druid?  those things are insane now.

Every class got buffed a lot, Frost mages are NOT Fair, seriously, watch out for them.

I heard the guy who is in charge of the PvP for Blizzard with WoW has just rerolled a mage, so i can see this being truth. Watch out for them, whoever plays.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I went down the list of class forums at Blizzard and according to most of the posters, their class is now broken and some other class is severely OP. 

It's pretty funny.  I guess for me after playing Everquest I will probably never play a game as poorly balanced as that one.  The power gap between classes was huge.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    Originally posted by Chieftan

I went down the list of class forums at Blizzard and according to most of the posters, their class is now broken and some other class is severely OP. 
    It's pretty funny.  I guess for me after playing Everquest I will probably never play a game as poorly balanced as that one.  The power gap between classes was huge.

Lol yeah, though they did improve things over time.  It used to be the only decent healer was a cleric... and that was it.   The only decent tank was a warrior, shadow knights and paladins had a period of sucking completely.

All those concerned about WoW class balance should read up on Everquest's history, and realize how much better off they are.

In my day, if you played the ranger class, everyone made fun of how crap you were, and you liked it!

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...