Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

not released until NEXT summer?

sarnseregsarnsereg Member Posts: 40
  that just seems so far away for a game that seems so much closer to being done than some games that are already released.

Comments

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

I know the E3 client was cool, the engine looks great... i mean for an alpha id say they are very far ahead. lets just say if its in summer the game will have tons and tons of content and will launch with minimal bugs :).

I think guild wars has a good future ahead of it :).

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

•  As the saying goes "Either do a job right, or do not do it at all" aka "do not make a half [donkey] attempt at something. Either do it or do not do it." aka "There is no try. There is do and do not."

If you are a true fan of Guild Wars, you should be super-happy they will release it when they feel it is as ready as can be. Do you want GW to suffer the same fate and blemish that AO suffered and still has not fully recovered from?

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========

MMORPG games I've played:
    ---------------------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

DAoC (coming soon)
    ---------------------------

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198

The game is set for a early ( FEB ) release so far.

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280

Originally posted by xplororor

As the saying goes "Either do a job right, or do not do it at all" aka "do not make a half [donkey] attempt at something. Either do it or do not do it." aka "There is no try. There is do and do not."
     If you are a true fan of Guild Wars, you should be super-happy they will release it when they feel it is as ready as can be. Do you want GW to suffer the same fate and blemish that AO suffered and still has not fully recovered from?

I agree, there is no reason to release the game if the developers don't think it's ready. If it's released before it's time, then the devs will be to busy fixing the game rather than adding more content.

Currently Playing: AC2, WW2Online
    Retired: Everquest, DAoC
    Quit: SWG

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

Even though there is no official statement that says so , thats just a fake rumour

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
    well can always per oder thay get to play atleast one weedend a monthimage

• ZaylZayl Member Posts: 25

don't anyone read the FAQ???? When will Guild Wars be released? UPDATED!

The beta begins in October. We will take as much time as necessary to balance and polish the game based on feedback received during the beta period, and anticipate that we will release Guild Wars by early 2005.

• NuxtorNuxtor Member UncommonPosts: 41

There is no "rocksolid" release date out there yet, stop the stupid speculations.

"anticipate that we will release Guild Wars by early 2005."

It might come sooner, or it might come later-

For me it comes Next Week Hopefuly image

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643
    I was willing to buy the game as in back at E3 image

Owner/Site Admin
    http://www.clanlists.com
    http://www.pvpplanet.com
    dedicated fansite for those who love player versus player.
    Published on august 10th, 2004.

• ih8phatheadsih8phatheads Member Posts: 33
    Early 2005 seems so far away.  OH and btw, how do you have it by next week???!!  Oh well, i guess ill just sit around in my boxers playing the guy game on xbox till Guild Wars is released.image

• JohnnyVJohnnyV Member Posts: 124
    If i have to wait until summer 2005, im gonna throw my computer out the window, not cause im impatient but my computer is a piece of crap.....Seriously though i agree with the opinion that the game should just be released when its ready, think about it would you rather the game be released too early and after bugs and various things the game loses its population and dies, or wait a few more months and the game is rock solid and it goes on to have a glorious career like Hulk Hogan had in wrestling(bad analogy...sorry)

• AkuyaziAkuyazi Member Posts: 23
    on a fansite forum i read a quote straight from arenaNet that "no on really knows when guild wars will be realeased" so just wait. the best bet is early 2005 like january or february. though it seems far away support guild wars by buying the pre-order product to get lots of cool stuff and depending on where u pre-order you can get a special item. i only now Gamestop has warpick and EB games have ithas bow. you get to play in first weekend of each month till release beta you get account registration and name registration plus many more great things. i think the Guild Wars closed beta will suffice our needs till the game comes out. its lucky ArenaNet is soo cool because most pre-order you dont get nothing. maybe a trailer here and there but nothing as good as what guild wars is offering.

• deviandevian Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by sarnsereg
    that just seems so far away for a game that seems so much closer to being done than some games that are already released.

Like the other said, better to wait and have it with minimal bugs. Hell, look at SWG. The damn game is practically still in beta.

pre order coems in 3 daysimageimageimage... im so happy imageimageimageimageimage

also.. all the new mmorpgs are gonna come out so arenaNet is making a smart plan if they sell it in 2005 when everyone gets bored of the other new mmorpg's that come out this year..

• KayZircon82KayZircon82 Member Posts: 22

I heard that when E3 was done, it would be weeks for the closed beta sign up's. I know that was a while ago, but I guess they didn't feel ready for it, hence why they have said in October. And yes, along with everyone else I have been trying to play other games, waiting for any Guild Wars news. Coming out in Early 2005 is a blow yes, but now think of all the open time they have to test things out more, find out small or large bugs, and any other idea's they have that might make the storyline or professions better. Good to see they aren't just going to throw the product out there and see how it does. Yes, I'm sure it would do well but they decided to make this game complete when launched. Thumbs up. ::::28::::::28::::::28::::::28::::::28::

• sarnseregsarnsereg Member Posts: 40

i agree, it's obviously better to wait until it's ready.. just seems so far off considering what we saw with E3.. so either the E3 thing was a polished up mini game they made or they are still fairly far along with the game.

one of the things i love about this game is the no monthly fee. this will allow me to play it and my other mmorpg and only pay one monthly fee(which is all i will allow myself to spend for gaming)

but i guess if it isn't until summer then it isn't until summer.  it doesn't seem so far away now as it did a few weeks ago when i first posted. lol.

lol good point..

instead of saying its so far away think of it as its coming out sooner than yesterday.. lol