Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the most important in a party?

Healer and buffer for me. I have always played both since ages old. Currently I also play as a Staff main in AtO. Have played Archer(main healer) in Cabal, Muse Elf buffer build in MU and Cleric in RO.

Comments

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

The most important people are the ones who know the game, have a chunk of free time on their hands and want to have fun with other players.

They have a sense of humor but are not immature.  They are laid back and relaxed and realize that they are playing a game and the death of their character has no reflection on them as human beings.

People who like a challenge and will wear their fingers to bloody stumps rather than quit after a wipe.

That is most important in a party.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Free snacks and free booze.

And an incentive for women to attend.

You've got that, and you're in good shape to take down those pesky boars.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301

To crush your enemies. Drive them before you and to hear the lamentation of the women.  : )

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• As a general rule in any PVE based game the tank will be your most important party member.

Originally posted by nethaniah

As a general rule in any PVE based game the tank will be your most important party member.

OK, on the actually paying attention to the OP's intent front, I've got to agree with this.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• Yes it didn't have anything to do with the party you were thinking of. Just remember what part of the internet you are currently connected to.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Yes it didn't have anything to do with the party you were thinking of. Just remember what part of the internet you are currently connected to.

Everyone's a critic!

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• VonStrangleVonStrangle Member Posts: 10

Usually, the support type of character who is the one carries the party. Even though how great your killer is if the support isn't that good it will always be unsatisfactory for the group, if the support is greatly skilled even though his/her party mates isn't then he can carry the whole party to victory.  

• soundsgoodsoundsgood Member Posts: 10

the most important one would still depend on who the members of your party are.. i guess you can't answer the question, as every party member is dependent on other members somehow..

• chibiinuchibiinu Member Posts: 4

Healers and tankers are of equal importance, in my opinion. Best tanker usually is a swordsman. Shaman or mages are my healers.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Tank > Healer > Dps > Utility.

In that order.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

The most important part of a party is fun.  In my experience the most fun parties I've been in were ones that contained unusual class makeups.  It forces everyone to think outside the box and I think makes them a better player as a result.

Improvise, adapt and overcome!

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville