Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

14 days in the life of a Gnome

Hi

I'm your worst nightmare....im a Gnome with a Badge. Thats right, im an I-4 Special Agent, and i carry a Badge.

Are you laughing? I sure as heck am, and have not been able to stop smiling in 4 hours. Today i had one of the "Holy Smoke OMG WOW" moments that we all cherish from mmo's.  Those total immersion moments, where we find ourselves laughing, nodding or shaking our heads, and maybe even answering an npc outloud lol. Who knew i would personaly find diplomacy this fun. I sure didnt.

Am i here to blow smoke up your rumps and claim this game is the best of all time...not even close. This game has issues like many others. For one thing as a short race i seem to have a phobia or stairs in Telon...this is the only way i can explain the fact that as a gnome i cant climb stairs.

What i am saying is that i'm having alot of fun. I spent the last 14 days trying out the game. It is far improved from what i remember from launch or even 8 months ago.

Does it still need more work...yes.  On balanced settings you tend to see through textures if bloom is turned off. Weapons and sheilds often visualy disapear for a short time when you equip another item. Chat rooms will not show until you restart the game if you log in/out of to many charatcers in one sitting. You will often forget to eat or use the toilet which leads to kidney problems because you are having to much fun playing. Swimming is wonky still. You may lose your RL job because you call in sick to often so you can play more, because your are having so much fun.

Ok in a nut shell here it is. The game is fun. It runs much much beter then it ever has before. It still needs some work, but overall its feel fun to me. It gets my gaming $$$ this month.

Comments

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

You'll never find me in Mekalia.  All those gnomes running around is very, very disturbing.  If you are looking for me, I'll be on the high-road..... Leth Nurae.  :)

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573

Haha, I remember doing the I-4 diplomacy line on my Gnome at launch (almost 2 years ago). He was just a wee little thing back then.

Theres a lot to enjoy in VG. I'm actually thinking of resubbing myself...

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984
    Originally posted by mmo4life

For one thing as a short race i seem to have a phobia or stairs in Telon...this is the only way i can explain the fact that as a gnome i cant climb stairs.

haha, you are not alone. As shaman i cant climb stairs in bear form either :D

Wait till you hear the story about how woodleves want to cure the animalsbut the cure tends to sterilize the raki's  rofl ;)

• I want to touch you.

• mmo4lifemmo4life Member Posts: 136

The story you are about to read is true, the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

This is my city...Mekalia, Telon. I work here I carry a badge. My name's Gnobble.

My partner Fizzwazzle and I were working daywatch out of I-4 robbery / homicide. A Raki tourist had his Tail stolen..... We were on the job.

To Be Continued...

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

lol....very humourous op

I think gnomes are cute little critters in the game but as a Dark Ef  I have gained  a large amount of faction points  and now I cant go to gnome cities anymore ....Im red :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "