Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will there be ????

sienosieno Member Posts: 119

will there be camps  in fallen earth  ?????   like in the pre-cu  days  just throw up a camp  anywhere  that has a purpose   any scouting ability  couldnt imagine  going off into a world  with out the ability  to scout  and have a purpose   would  be nice 

You want loot? Go kill some npcs, you wanna visit hades? come find ME, and dont forget to bring coins for the ferryman,

Comments

• bstuartbstuart Member UncommonPosts: 135

nope no camps or scouting abilitys

• ketrineketrine Member Posts: 285

This game is only in alpha right now.  Anything can happen.

My suggestion is post your comments and suggestions on the official site.  I am sure they will take your opinions into consideration.

• sirsammy33sirsammy33 Member Posts: 64

i love be a ranger rilfes with , ch , in old swg ...  would be nice to see tents

• ketrineketrine Member Posts: 285

I can certainly say that I am looking forward to the release of this game!  SWG was my first MMO and I loved it dearly until THAT THING happened to it.  Since then no game has come as close to it as FE.  We need more skill based MMOs, there are so few on the market right now.

What I hope is that they will eventually have a housing system similar to SWG.  It was sooo much fun going to player towns back when they were full of people.  It made you feel like you had an impact on the game world, and player shops were great fun as well.

• express1596express1596 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by ketrine

I can certainly say that I am looking forward to the release of this game!  SWG was my first MMO and I loved it dearly until THAT THING happened to it.  Since then no game has come as close to it as FE.  We need more skill based MMOs, there are so few on the market right now.
    What I hope is that they will eventually have a housing system similar to SWG.  It was sooo much fun going to player towns back when they were full of people.  It made you feel like you had an impact on the game world, and player shops were great fun as well.

If this is similar to SWG I will buy it and play it. Hopefully it is, so I can has fun!

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

It would be nice if this game could emulate some of the good elements of other games. That being said I hope they don't. The developers cant be trying to appeal to one or the other game crowd or they will piss them all off. Its almost better just to ignore the general public besides basic element for a game and presue your vision so you get a unique and fun product. Not some remake. Mind you some remakes rock!

Personally after seeing the current version of the game, which I'll not mention any specifics of due to NDA, I'll just say it reminds me a bit of fallout 2 and fallout 3. Combat wise it really reminds me of fallout 3. With much better formulas for targeting. Hehe cant wait to see if I get in beta someday...

P.S. I saw the game via a recording from a friend who goes to the gaming conventions.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013
    Originally posted by Techleo

It would be nice if this game could emulate some of the good elements of other games. That being said I hope they don't. The developers cant be trying to appeal to one or the other game crowd or they will piss them all off. Its almost better just to ignore the general public besides basic element for a game and presue your vision so you get a unique and fun product. Not some remake. Mind you some remakes rock!
     Personally after seeing the current version of the game, which I'll not mention any specifics of due to NDA, I'll just say it reminds me a bit of fallout 2 and fallout 3. Combat wise it really reminds me of fallout 3. With much better formulas for targeting. Hehe cant wait to see if I get in beta someday...
    P.S. I saw the game via a recording from a friend who goes to the gaming conventions.

NDA only applies to the testers...if you saw it at a convention, you can openly talk about it because it was publicly showcased.  What convention was it, if you don't mind my asking?

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Hrmm not sure which convention it was. I belive it was in Los Vegas. In anycase your probably right about the NDA. Generally since I am not in beta I can't lose  place. Although what I saw wasn't persay something the public gets to see since it was a private showing. I guess the security guards were lax when they checked for Cellphones. Which is weird since they are never usually LAX. Take for example what happened at the EA event when that kid taped Spore and got taken out.

In anycase I wont go into specifics so my friend doesn't get in trouble.

What I will say is, the combat looked sweet! Like the devs showed in a tech demo you have audio and visual cues. So if you step around to much the NPC will hear and attack. Also like in fallout 3 audio is a huge help knowing where a enemy is. Ever play fallout 3 and hear a rock falling from a cliff? Hehe its great knowing the enemy is above you. All those little cues really saved my arse. Sand or rock fall, water splashes, bottles and litter moving. 

Well anyways I guess we will know what Fallen Earth will be like soon enough. I expect it will be out by middle of next yearish.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

for some reason after playing fallout 3 and loving the hell out of it ... my anticipation meter for this game has gone up tenfold.

especially now that i hear targetting is like Fallout 3.

/drool!

• cjdjcjdj Member Posts: 18

The devs at FE truely are listening to their community like most indie companies do so I would reccomend sending this over to the official forums to see what they all think.

P.S. I loved SWG it was my first MMO and this game has gotten me really excited :)

• bstuartbstuart Member UncommonPosts: 135

unknown

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013
    Originally posted by bstuart

unknown

Looks like someone finally realized what an NDA means and retracted some posting action.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179

The clan that i am in, do hope FE is the next Neocron.

skilled based non fantasy mmo's are where its at, and its outside the box.

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Well,

I'm in the alpha, and all I can say is that I WILL definitely play this game, if the fundamentals in some aspects will remain the same.

I love crafting BTW :)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.