Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really liked this game when i played it,

SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I played this game about two years ago and really liked it, but i never continued my sub as i kept on getting god damn awful performance.

i tried to come back to the game about 7 months ago and had more perfomance issues becuse i was getting 14-20 fps average on my system, my system should run the game no problem..but it still had issues.

anyway i hear that they have improved performance allot and was thinking of getting the game with the new expansion (when it comes out)

just wondering how performance is now with the new updates. what sort of fps do you get now and how mush did you get before?

i will play this alongside WAR.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Comments

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Read my sticky on setting graphic performance in this forum. It helps a lot of people. As far as game changes that improved performance there have been many and SOE has continuely worked on this. This lastest GU #49 improved performance a lot if you have a dual core processor. They finally added dual core support. I run a good system but hardly the top of the line. I play with graphics near maxed at 1920 x 1080 and get up to 80 fps out in the wild and in populated city areas 35+ fps. The last update easily added 15 fps to my performance. The screenshot below is from inside one of my houses and is game play graphic setting. I thought I would show an inside shot since I always post outdoor pictures.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by eccoton

Read my sticky on setting graphic performance in this forum. It helps a lot of people. As far as game changes that improved performance there have been many and SOE has continuely worked on this. This lastest GU #49 improved performance a lot if you have a dual core processor. They finally added dual core support. I run a good system but hardly the top of the line. I play with graphics near maxed at 1920 x 1080 and get up to 80 fps out in the wild and in populated city areas 35+ fps. The last update easily added 15 fps to my performance. The screenshot below is from inside one of my houses and is game play graphic setting. I thought I would show an inside shot since I always post outdoor pictures.

wow thanks.

il check out the sticky.

i have a 3870x2, 3gb memory and a [email protected].

before i got pretty bad performance mainly due to vista i think.

how sould it run now.

i got like 20 fps before.

should i expect to get in the 40s and 50s now.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• BetelguezBetelguez Member Posts: 52

I have a 6400+

gtx 260

4gb 800mhz ddr2 ram

and I had more FPS with my 7600GT before the patch

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Is a really good game. I played it on a amd 2,4 or so ghz 2 gig of ram and nvidia 7900 256mb and it ran fine. But tweking the sttings is a must.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

There is now mutli core support, so if you have a dual core or quad even you should see an iprovement and continue to see it as there are not done optimizing it. Some people say they've noticed a decrease in performance, but for me it has helped a lot I can now run at extreme quality no problem, unless I'm in a dungeon with a group ect.. Which I don't do anyway. ;)

Oh wait my post is redundant this was already said before, sorry, nothing to see here keep moving... :)

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

I'm running an Athlon XP 3800 at 2,2Ghz, a nVidia 6600 and 1gb RAM. I run this game on medium texture resolutions and get around 35 FPS in the wild and 20 FPS in cities. I'd consider this MUCH better performance than before. I find this game to actually run real smooth for 20-35 FPS (I get no animation cuts or anything, just what the game graphic displays). When I lower texture resolutions to low I get easily around 40 FPS in cities.

Originally posted by drag9999

I'm running an Athlon XP 3800 at 2,2Ghz, a nVidia 6600 and 1gb RAM. I run this game on medium texture resolutions and get around 35 FPS in the wild and 20 FPS in cities. I'd consider this MUCH better performance than before. I find this game to actually run real smooth for 20-35 FPS (I get no animation cuts or anything, just what the game graphic displays). When I lower texture resolutions to low I get easily around 40 FPS in cities.

If you have not seen my sticky on graphic settings in EQ2 in this forum check it out. It may help you get an even been fps.

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

Yea, I used your guide to tweak some stuff, my system just sucks, that's why I get crap FPS.

Originally posted by drag9999

Yea, I used your guide to tweak some stuff, my system just sucks, that's why I get crap FPS.

Lmao! Now I am laughing with you not at you. SOE has been going in the right direction with the muticore support finally but they need to optimize more for video cards as well.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

wow thanks.
    il check out the sticky.
    i have a 3870x2, 3gb memory and a [email protected].
    before i got pretty bad performance mainly due to vista i think.
    how sould it run now.
    i got like 20 fps before.
    should i expect to get in the 40s and 50s now.

The game engine was written for a old nvidia card and doesnt utilize any modern video card. Its cpu heavy. Your x2 ATi doesnt mean anyhting to EQ2's engine.

That said they now utilize dual core's and render the animations on the 2nd core. You should have some performance improvements.