Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME!!!

Hey, i need help. some of you might think this is stupid but i don't care i'm getting Final Fantasy XI this week. But i want to make sure my computer is good enough. Ok here are my questions(Stupid one) How do i check what Video Card i'm using because i had someone else put it in my comp for me. Next question: Can i pay FFXI using a Debit Card?(Sorry im so new to all this but i heard PC FFXI is the best even though i just started using PC) Anyway...yeah please help me PLEASE!!what else was i gonna ask....hmm..oh yeah, my brother downloaded this one game called Project Entropia which i heard is alot like Final Fantasy XI (SORT OF) and whenever i try playing that my screen just like minimizes and takes me back to the Desktop and when i try restarting it it says Not Enough Video memory...so this is what i want to know..if i cant play that, then i won't be able to play FFXI right? because i mean FFXI has WAY better graphics and stuff Check out PE at www.Project-Entropia.com yeah please tell me where i can check what kind of Video Card i have. Thank you.

umm...SHINDIG!

umm...SHINDIG!

Comments

• StrathdorStrathdor Member UncommonPosts: 82

[quote]Next question: Can i pay FFXI using a Debit Card?[/quote]

If you think your gonna get in the game with a Debit forget it and save yourself the money. Because they only accept Credit Card no buts or exceptions even. If your video card is under these sepcifications like ATI 9000 and Geforce 4 MX dont bother because your computer is gonna run so slow that your gonna have to turn your graphics down all the way and then you wont see the BEST graphics this game has to offer sorry to disappoint you.

Advice: Stick to the xbox for good graphics games since its easier and cheaper on your bank and wallet.

P.S: Stores do not refund this game and do not take it back so its a one way trip from there and the only way to sell it is to someone you know.

• rndygilesrndygiles Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by CrimsonFears
    How do i check what Video Card i'm using because i had someone else put it in my comp for me.

Goto the control panel and open the display control panel.  Under the settings tab, it will tell you under the Mock monitor what display and Video card you have.  To get details on the card do this, Click on the advanced button under the settings tab.  Click on the adapter tab.  This will display the memory on the video card.  If it is less than 32mb of video memory, then I would upgrade your video card to something newer, because Final fantasy will run like a 3-legged dog.

• CrimsonFearsCrimsonFears Member Posts: 32
    WHY THE HELL WONT A DEBIT CARD WORK!!???? i mean isnt it the same thing? I thought a Debit Card was like a Credit Card the only difference is that instead of borrowing money from the bank then paying it back is you yourself puts money on the Card and THERE NO OTHER DEIFFERENCE DAMNIT.

umm...SHINDIG!

umm...SHINDIG!

• zanfyrezanfyre Member Posts: 1
    so long as your Debit Card has the Visa or Mastercard logo on it, it will work. I currently use my Debit Card to pay for it, and I have had no problems.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Save yourself the 50 bucks and buy a good game, FFXI is probably the worst MMORPG I have ever played.

Lying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuc|{ is my roof.

-----------------Censored------------------