Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colony defense.. An idea

I see a lot of people saying colony defense is pretty difficult.  I don't have an opinion yet, as my current colony has just lost its protection.  I am anxious to see how the first attacker fares against my 40 turrets and solar cannon, though.

Anyway, my suggestion!  Let's say you just left your colony to do some taxi runs and pick up some colonists, because you just got biodome upgrade 1.  You warp a few systems away, and all of a sudden you get that beautiful message saying your colony has been taken.  You rush back in an attempt to steal it back, only to be greeted by your own turrets/cannon, OR to be greeted by nothing.. Your colony has lost 100 colonists, and all your turrets have been taken.

Of course, by the time you take the colony back and rearrange the turrets you have left, the guy is back, since he dropped the colonists off at his colony right next door.  He steals your colony again, again steals 8 turrets and 100 colonists, and you are left with a shattered colony which you put a lot of money into (resources are expensive).

Oh right, the suggestion.. Haha I ramble so much.  Give an echo to the owner of the colony, as well as any corp members, that player X is attacking Colony Y.  Make it sure as soon as they land on the planet, and then IF your colony has defenses, this at least gives you a chance to get back before your defenses are decimated.  It's MUCH harder to take a colony when you're fighting another player who doesn't bounce off turrets.  It may not be a proper "fix" to the colony defense issues people bring up, but this will definately make it easier on those people who like to defend their crap.

-Amante

Comments

• IppsIpps Member Posts: 77
    I think that's definitely a good idea.  This way you wouldn't be completely shut out from your colony if it's taken over.  And it would be good because the turrets would keep on attacking the person who took over, while not shooting you, although there would have to be some sort of a timer for how long that would last.  Maybe the timer would be dependent upon how happy the colonists were before the invasion., and if they were unhappy, the turrets wouldn't shoot the invader.