Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling speed is a joke, seriously!

Comments

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Daffid011

Originally posted by tkobo

And dont forget, if you picked a high or full server, and the population goes down, it will again be your fault,becuase you didnt stop playing on that server and move to another one.
    AND you could have called the psychic hotline before picking your server ,but you didnt did you :P

THANK YOU!

I wish people would stop blaming the players for the low population problems that a decent size of the game is going through.

Mythic released to many servers and/or kept the population caps to low.  Do you blame people who chose white lions/squig herders for the problems that pets have with pathing?  

For the record, switching servers isn't that easy and quite honestly is a total crap shoot.  If you have friends on the server do you leave them?  What about your guild or the time invested in your characters?  All my real life friends are T3+.  We are in a solid guild with a great alliance and do some nice organized PvP events.  We even have a neat little rivalry going on with a destruction guild.   Life might change when I catch up to them, but it doesn't solve the low population problem I am stuck in currently that makes the game really boring.

There are to many low/med population servers and the answer to that problem should not be put on the players to migrate.  More than likely that will just congest the few servers that are populated. 

Yes lets blame a company for trying to make sure there servers weren't all full and have large ques. GOD FORBID. My god man did you actually think that? And people complaining about being told to reroll. Nothing wwrong with that. Happens in every game. People reroll on diffrent servers cause they may not like the one there on. People arn't making them reroll, if they don't like there server then reroll, or don't complain.

Everyone wants server merges but when that happens then...... BAM! Now we got peeps saying its to laggy and congested. Mythic cannot win in this scenario.

I  get your point though on the pet bugs, but I still have a squig alt, just for fun though till they actually fix them.

Plain and simple really. Is ignorance blind, def AND unable to read as well?

Enjoy : )

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

The game is 3 weeks old, you're 2/3 of the way to max level (40 that is) and youre complaining?? When does this ever end?? You guys realize alot of players ehre used to play games where it took a month sometimes to gain a level right?...people wonder why some of the people on this site dont like WoW....It isnt because of the game itself but because it created a generation of spoiled brat players that want everything easy and fast......They just want to "beat" the game and move on to something else quickly.

• snipergsniperg Member Posts: 863

WAR levelling speed is slow? Are you serious? It is as fast if not faster than WoW. PQ's you can do the first part and many of the quests are in these areas, so you get both the elite items+xp.

And if you are ANY kind of damage dealer you go even faster. Hell with my WP I reached 25 rank in something less than 2 weeks of casually playing and doing some quests and getting my elite rewards for my pq's.

Maybe you are doing it wrong?

A friend is not him who provides support during your failures.A friend is the one that cheers you during your successes.

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by greydor

Originally posted by DAS1337

Originally posted by Meridion

Ok guys, I tend to defend this game usually, but what I encounter now at level 25+ is a joke:
    Didn't Mythic state that leveling to 40 was - in this game - just the path to the real RvR/PvP experience that comes with level 40 and renown ranks? Didn't they say leveling was pretty fast?
    How exactly does Mythic define the term "pretty fast"? granted, I'm on a mid (MID,  not low) population server and on destruction, so I can't constantly scenario away, and I can't finish public quests because there are no people for it and no LFG to ask for people to join in. So what I CAN do to level up is quests, uum, quests, and umm, grind. Kick RvR, even in a heated battle you gain only by slain enemies, which is a joke, because you get mini portions of XY from killing people and it takes for - ever to gain a level.And by forever I mean theoretically DAYS of played time. It speaks volumes that nobody even does it, leveling only through RvR, everyone, and I'm on an open RvR server, says they go back to PvE when a siege is over.

Now this boils down to: RvR in peak times when RvR happens, PvE most of the time. And PvE boils down to "finish all quests" and change to different campaign area.
    Before I get to the meat of this rant, let me say that I initially didn't want to play all three campaigns simulatenously but am ultimately forced by this:

Why the hell on earth does level 28 take about 100 quests to complete? And there are not 100, there are 40 in one level-area, throughout all three campaigns, at best. The rest of the time you can see if someone - with luck - does a public quest. If not, you are screwed and doomed to grind - your teeth as well as mobs.
    I don't know how it may be in high population wonderland where you can join a scenario every 5 minutes. But on a mid populated server I am literally forced to grind if I want to advance -> That's a JOKE, it defies all you, Mythic, said during the whole development period. You said one could level without grinding. Thanks.
    M

You are not forced to play on a mid to low population server.  Stop complaining and roll on a high pop server.  Scenarios are easier to get into.. and I agree, PQ's are pretty difficult to find people for at higher levels.. but my guild does PQ grinds daily together.  Find a guild.  It's not like anything you have on your character right now couldn't be replaced in a couple weeks of playtime on a high pop server.

Don't blame Mythic, blame yourself.

so as i  see it the thing is mythic should have about 10 servers and it's the players fault they made 55 and most are barren but it is the players fault they rolled on a server provided by mythic

Kinda funny the american servers during last weekend all had Medium/High/Full.  I counted them there was 5 servers that was LOW/LOW, I counted them.  My server is FAR from empty.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Theocritus

The game is 3 weeks old, you're 2/3 of the way to max level (40 that is) and youre complaining?? When does this ever end?? You guys realize alot of players ehre used to play games where it took a month sometimes to gain a level right?...people wonder why some of the people on this site dont like WoW....It isnt because of the game itself but because it created a generation of spoiled brat players that want everything easy and fast......They just want to "beat" the game and move on to something else quickly.

I have to agree. In a game like this there has to be some type of Journey up. Otherwise there will be no staying power.

Perhaps a taste of old school Lineage 2 will sober them up!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196

I hear this about every game I've played. People will always find a way to level up faster so they can keep up with the Jones' or they already are the Jones'.

This is actually the second game where leveling did not feel like a priority for me. SWG was the first. I actually read the quests and I don't grab hordes of quests then head out in a rush to complete them.  Maybe that's why I'm only level 14 right now and have been playing from release date.

I notice new names every day in the areas I'm playing in because most of the people have advanced and moved on. Enjoy the trip instead of speeding through it.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Theocritus

I have to agree. In a game like this there has to be some type of Journey up. Otherwise there will be no staying power.

Perhaps a taste of old school Lineage 2 will sober them up!

You mean... as in Prelude/C1 Lineage 2?

LOL. Forget it... They would implode by level 5.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by girlgeek

Originally posted by Random_mage

. I read the original posters thread..

.. I disagree with you.  The leveling speed is just fine.  I have a level 17 sorceress..  I play her every day.  I also have a few level 7-13 characters on destruction (and one order).. 
    I don't want a game where everyone is max level after a week.  Or.. 2.. Or a month.  I want a game that takes a while to hit max level. 
    I'm also sick and tired of reading the "I want to be max level after I log in"  Which is what I"m reading.  You appear to me, as nothing more than a WoW kiddy raised in the carrot on a stick enviorment.    pardon me if I get all self rightous, but when I started playing games, the point of the game was to PLAY.. not reach cap and quit.  And remember, the leveling speed is the SAME for everybody.. so if it takes you a week to hit max.. and everyone else a year.. You'd of long since quit.. because.. you'd be playing alone.

Jesus F***** Christ look at the friggin "games played" list on the left side of this posting, you can see which games I have played for a longer period of time, and if you click on profile you can see that I'm 27 and that my post history is actually defending WAR.

And see my statement concerning leveling speed above. Btw if you'd hit max regular rank in 2 days it would still take forever to reach renown 80.

O M G.  You know, if we could just GET more Warhammer players that would gleefully TRASH people by calling them "WoW kiddies," wouldn't that just be fkin' lovely?  /end sarcasm

Some people obviously read the words you wrote, and are incapable of actually understanding what you were SAYING.

Also....gotta love the people that say, "What kind of idiot are you rolling on a low or mid pop server?"  My response to that is simple....

When I started playing WAR, I thought the game was going to have a MASSIVE number of people playing it.  It never even crossed my mind that the servers would not MOSTLY, if not ALL, fill up fairly quickly.  But that has not been the case. 

Also, people are saying "QQ...reroll."  Uhm yeah.  Okay, why should someone be forced to reroll and to reroll the OPPOSITE faction from what they want to play?  Why?  If you ask ME...Mythic has a lot of crap to fix here with the population issues, because WAR is a game that is definitely more "fun" when you are on a high/high pop server.  They obviously did not get enough people playing to support servers being high/high 24/7.  Therefore....for gamers who may work odd hours, or for some OTHER reason, cannot play during peak hours....they're just plain screwed.  WAY TO GO MYTHIC!  Make a game that REQUIRES high pop to "get all of what the game was meant to be"....and then don't provide a way to HAVE that kind of population all the time.

I think some of the posters in this thread would rather just blame the OP for finding a problem, than blame Mythic (OOoooo heaven FORBID) for screwing up in this area.

And these are SOME (not ALL) of the reasons that I'm not playing now that the free month is over.  I'm pretty sure, from the posts I've seen around, regarding some of these same issues, that a lot of people are feeling this same thing.

So try dogging the OP LESS and actually LOOKING at the fact that even if YOUR sweet server doesn't have issues, the fact that SOME DO....is not the problem of the gamers who chose Destruction, or chose Order, or chose that med or low pop server....it's MYTHIC'S problem for having game mechanics that force people in to NOT being able to make those choices without it affecting the "fun factor" of the game.

EDIT:

OH YEAH...and what the poster above this post says...THAT TOO.

If you dislike the dynamics of the game... SOO much..

Than quit.  believe it or not, I DO NOT SEE THESE PROBLEMS.  I HAVE FUN PLAYING THE GAME... I guess I must be defective to NOT side with the original poster.. huh?    funny how all of these people are are QUITING the game still feel the need to point out all the flaws.  just quit.. you are nothing more than ta waste of space on these boards.   What does pointing out the things that are wrong.. DO FOR YOU?  Does it make you feel better? Start a blog.  I disagree with your opinion.  You are a troll.   Stop mucking up the boards for a game YOU ARE NOT PLAYING. 

- done. 

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• vincehvinceh Member Posts: 208

Ok guys, I tend to defend this game usually, but what I encounter now at level 25+ is a joke:
    Didn't Mythic state that leveling to 40 was - in this game - just the path to the real RvR/PvP experience that comes with level 40 and renown ranks? Didn't they say leveling was pretty fast?
    How exactly does Mythic define the term "pretty fast"? granted, I'm on a mid (MID,  not low) population server and on destruction, so I can't constantly scenario away, and I can't finish public quests because there are no people for it and no LFG to ask for people to join in. So what I CAN do to level up is quests, uum, quests, and umm, grind. Kick RvR, even in a heated battle you gain only by slain enemies, which is a joke, because you get mini portions of XY from killing people and it takes for - ever to gain a level.And by forever I mean theoretically DAYS of played time. It speaks volumes that nobody even does it, leveling only through RvR, everyone, and I'm on an open RvR server, says they go back to PvE when a siege is over.

Now this boils down to: RvR in peak times when RvR happens, PvE most of the time. And PvE boils down to "finish all quests" and change to different campaign area.
    Before I get to the meat of this rant, let me say that I initially didn't want to play all three campaigns simulatenously but am ultimately forced by this:

Why the hell on earth does level 28 take about 100 quests to complete? And there are not 100, there are 40 in one level-area, throughout all three campaigns, at best. The rest of the time you can see if someone - with luck - does a public quest. If not, you are screwed and doomed to grind - your teeth as well as mobs.
    I don't know how it may be in high population wonderland where you can join a scenario every 5 minutes. But on a mid populated server I am literally forced to grind if I want to advance -> That's a JOKE, it defies all you, Mythic, said during the whole development period. You said one could level without grinding. Thanks.
    M

I'm actually having this trouble @ level 20.  I've finished all t2 quests and had to sp (scenario) for a level.  I find myself queuing up for t2 sp, then run to t3 land and do some quests while I'm in queue.  On my server, sometimes I have to wait for more than an hour for sps. 

I really think that's where they failed with the leveling system.  They never took into consideration that maybe servers would always be on around the "high" population mark, so there isn't really more than 1 choice of leveling up.  Obviously, if all the servers were on "high" all the time, we wouldn't have this problem. 

Why is this?

Well, people might argue against me, but I think there's too many servers.  I definitely think it would've been better if they started with a smaller number of servers so at least they would have a good healthy population, so game progression is more versitile, then once they feel the populations are good, they can add more servers and maybe clone some existing characters and suggest players to allocate to the new ones.

I think there's a simple short-term solution to this.  Do some server merging.  It's not like there's an economy in WAR right now anyway.

Vin

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

I understand the OP fully. I am a self proclaimed WAR fanman myself and also play on an EU Open/RP server (Ellyrion) and no way in hell will I reroll to another ruleset.

The problem with this server type, and RP servers in EU in general, is probably that Mythic opened too many at launch. Most of the RP servers have very low pops (Destro on mine is already high atm, though).

The consequence is there aren't any Scenario's popping up. T1 and T2 were ok, T3 is awefull, queue wise.

So for XP we are forced to do quests or better; grind easy mobs. Even that is a challenge for me since I rolled a shaman and kill a mob of my level about as fast as it takes for me to run to the corner shop to buy a sixpack and return home.

So I fully understand your issue. This game is based on at least partially leveling by RvR  / Scenario's and since RvR isn't yielding noteworthy XP we are dependent on short SC queue's. Which are non existant at T3...

The alternatives? Leveling an alt. Lower tiers are bustling with life, our server pops will probably still increase over some time and wait out untill the population bubble catches up with you. Power leveling in WAR from launch is not a good idea, but most of us knew that I guess.

Oh, and there is a chance that Mythic will increase xp gained from world RvR, besides they WILL give low pop factions an xp and rp boost of 20% in the next patch. I hope these things will help you

In the meantime I am not in a rush to level and work hard on my renown rank and am doing some discovering and rp'ing as well.

Taking it easy and hoping for the pop bubble to catch up with us soon is all we can do :)

(still having a blast  though)

• Slow leveling? You have got to be kidding! Hell, why don't we all just start at level 40? That's what you're really asking for.  While we're at it, Mythic should jack up our RR's too......and give us the equipment to go along with it.  It never ceases to amaze me how some folks just want it all handed to them.

• DoktorTeufelDoktorTeufel Member UncommonPosts: 413

So uh, the person complaining about WAR's leveling speed has an EVE avatar?

It takes a month (of waiting in IRL hours) before you can even participate in zerg PvP in that game.

It takes 3-6 months to be ready for meaningful PvP.

Until then, mostly you're grinding cash.

Currently Playing: EVE Online
    Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by elgermo

Slow leveling? You have got to be kidding! Hell, why don't we all just start at level 40? That's what you're really asking for.  While we're at it, Mythic should jack up our RR's too......and give us the equipment to go along with it.  It never ceases to amaze me how some folks just want it all handed to them.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can totally miss an OP's point or react on a title alone because of being too lazy to read the actual post and having an uncontrollable urge to yap, yap, yap, yap, yap ...

Warhammer = partially leveling by PvP as in: Scenario's

Scenario's = not happening on OP's server

OP = forced to grind for long times to level

OP doesn't care how long it takes to level, as long as it is fun. As in: as long as OP can participate in an occasional scenario and get some good XP in a fun way.

Got it?

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Gregtheexcon 
    Yes lets blame a company for trying to make sure there servers weren't all full and have large ques. GOD FORBID. My god man did you actually think that? And people complaining about being told to reroll. Nothing wwrong with that. Happens in every game. People reroll on diffrent servers cause they may not like the one there on. People arn't making them reroll, if they don't like there server then reroll, or don't complain.

Everyone wants server merges but when that happens then...... BAM! Now we got peeps saying its to laggy and congested. Mythic cannot win in this scenario.
    I  get your point though on the pet bugs, but I still have a squig alt, just for fun though till they actually fix them.
    Plain and simple really. Is ignorance blind, def AND unable to read as well?

Lets get your sarcasm aside, I am not blaming Mythic for intentionally trying to make servers low population [or whatever you are trying to twist my words into], just like I don't think you blame them for intentionally screwing pet pathing.  We both think Mythic is responsible for the problems we discussed, yet you think the solution is somehow the burden of the players to throw out weeks of effort and start over and if they don't realize that then they are blind def and dumb. 

That being said, Mythic is the only one in control of how many servers launched and how many total people are allowed to log into those servers.   Somewhere in that last sentence is the root of the population problem and Mythic is the only party with enough control to fix it.  Simply telling people to reroll doesn't solve the problem and only makes it worse for those who stay behind or join the game late and have don't know any difference between servers.  It isn't like tens or hundreds of thousands of players are going to form a grassroots organized reroll movement that somehow fills up selected servers and leaves other empty is it? 

I doubt I could get my group of real life friends/guildmates to reroll on a different server, let alone an entire server of any portion of other servers that are suffering population problems.  People can voice their concerns about the issue [what you call complaining], reroll on a different server or maybe just quit the game which doesn't Warhammer at all.  Perhaps you overlooked the last option?

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I didnt read the whole thing, but, I think leveling through open RvR could use a boost.. forget about scenarios because they give enough xp as it is, you can level pretty fast through straight scenario grinding.. im talking from 1 to 40 in about 4-5 days..

Since this game is supposed to be like Guild wars (in the idea that the game isnt a GAME until you max your rank) I think open RvR should give MASSIVE xp rewards.. This could solve the lack of, and help speed up the leveling just by fighting out in the ocean...

• EbolavirusEbolavirus Member Posts: 21

1 to 40 in a week and a half isnt that fast and easy enuf for u?

missed alot of content and fun with friends and can probably be done even faster

Me

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

I would imagine - if anything - should the issue continue to worsen that Mythic may merge servers, clearly it would be beneficial in some cases. No?

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Speedhaak

I would imagine - if anything - should the issue continue to worsen that Mythic may merge servers, clearly it would be beneficial in some cases. No?

I think that is the current theory being debated.  There might be a problem though when everyone reaches max level it might overwhelm the T4 areas.  

If they could somehow merge the Tiers that are underplayed between servers I think that would solve both the problems.   Something like how Warcraft has battlegrounds set up to be shared between multiple servers.   That might do away with many of the problems, especially when the game matures and there are less and less new characters.

• Yeah it needs some adjustments in the vl 25+ area.

I am not sure the speed itself is bad but it just gets too grindy without active scenario/RvR/PQs.  Its fine with that IMO.

Unfortunately how do you adjust this across servers?  High pop servers are fundamentally different than low pop.

Gear that has a r29rr26 requirement when no scenarios pop is just not right.  Getting that on high pop is fine, run some scenarios.  Low pop no effin way.

Mythic farnkly can't balance many things in the game right across all server because so many thing depend on other people.  Its literally impossible to balance renown requirements across all servers.  The rates of renown gain and the ratio of renown to level can be radically different depending on server population.

• Originally posted by DarkPony

It never ceases to amaze me how people can totally miss an OP's point or react on a title alone because of being too lazy to read the actual post and having an uncontrollable urge to yap, yap, yap, yap, yap ...

OP doesn't care how long it takes to level, as long as it is fun. As in: as long as OP can participate in an occasional scenario and get some good XP in a fun way.

Got it?

Yeah, that's what I read... you churched it up some, but basically I got the same thing. "QQ just playing is a grind. It's too hard to level".  There's so much to do, even on a slow / low pop server that to call it a grind is silly...... Quest, PQ, Open RvR.... I'm really surprised that CRAFTING doesn't yield xp! What else could anyone want? Take it how ya like... yap yap yap!

• FlyMastaFlowFlyMastaFlow Member Posts: 21

People complain too much nowadays :/ I haven't started playing WAR (though once I get my paycheck next week I'm going to start playing with my friend on Order), but I have had successful subscriptions to one of the slowest leveling games in history: FFXI. WoW was and is cake even more now due to the patch that sped up leveling from 20-60 with all the quest and instance changes and I think people got used to being fed in WoW. I myself am one that has been fed, especially after playing on private servers for a whole month where you could max out in a week or less. I played FFXI about 3 times (quit 3 times) and over the accumulation of about 2 years or so (not in play time) playing hours at a time due to the partying system, I only reached level 62 on a healer (which got the fastest invites) and 4 other classes in between 15 and 36. The max is 75. You only got experience in a group setting past 10 unless you were a beastmaster, would have to camp in one spot, and pull mobs, hoping to dear god that a monster wouldn't aggro your party while your healers (me) and the casters were resting for 10 minutes at a time, just so you all die and lose about half an hour or more of experience gaining (including deleveling, which can happen even once you get to a certain level and all of your gear's minimum lvl req. is the level you just were).

Considering WAR gives you experience for mob grinding, solo questing, public questing (pretty innovative if I might add), AND PVPing (never seen that before!), theres so many ways to spend time while leveling that I find anyone who wants to play this game in a linear fashion and wants to reach the max level asap is just asking for too much. Theres much to appreciate here, and asking for too much after hyping it up will lead you to never enjoying another MMO in your life.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Originally posted by Tyvolus

After playing games like EQ and Lineage 2, you look kinda silly to me crying about levelling speed.  I think I am being extra polite here.

I concour. PreShadowlands Anarchy Online the post 175 grind was so bad i never even made it past 190. Even after Hecklers I still never made it to level cap (220). Though to be fair at 180 I still felt quite powerful.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Warhammer isnt a power level game, there is no need to powerlevel, so why would you?

all the scenarios even out the weak players, so theres really not a huge benefit to being the higher level.

this isnt a 1vs1 pvp game so the effect of a highest level in tier's preformance in scenarios is very, very small.

really there is no motive to power level to the end other than just seeing what its like.

i think this may be the best example of playing war like wow.  You dont have to power level to get to the endgame so you can twink your character and destroy all the lowbies and gimps.

You should play the game at a normal pace, its way more fun, youll accompish a lot more, youll actually see the whole game, and when you get to the endgame, you wont be some idiot whos got a 40/80 character that has never learned how to work in a team or know what strategies work best.

complete and utter failure to play this game by powerleveling.

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432
    Originally posted by sbowling

Originally posted by elgermo

Originally posted by DarkPony

Got it?

Yeah, that's what I read... you churched it up some, but basically I got the same thing. "QQ just playing is a grind. It's too hard to level".  There's so much to do, even on a slow / low pop server that to call it a grind is silly...... Quest, PQ, Open RvR.... I'm really surprised that CRAFTING doesn't yield xp! What else could anyone want? Take it how ya like... yap yap yap!

The real problem is that none of it is fun. So even if there is a lot to do, it's still just a grind.New slogan:  Warhammer, it's like an MMO without the FUN.

That's the silliest, most biased poll I've seen ever.  I'm having fun in RvR and WAR.  Had a kickass fortress defence the other day with epic battles.  Just because u're not having fun in it doesn't mean others aren't.  GG on creating a totally pathetic one-sided poll.

WAR is loads of fun.  If you're not having it and have nothing constructive to add go back to WoW or whatever game you currently play.  Simple.

• verndvernd Member Posts: 600

It's funny to see all the people in this thread thinking they are defending the game when they say "get a guild! reroll to high pop! you're crazy for playing on low pop!"

All you're doing is proving how broken this game is unless your server has a balanced population, which by definition only exists on extremely high pop or full servers.