Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talk of a AXIS walkout is TRUE!

Comments

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953
    Originally posted by Hodo

Nerf09,
    It is funny how the game hasnt changed much... other than less players on during peak times now.

Oh well... still not subscribed to the game, so who am I to talk anymore.   I wish KFS1 all the luck in the world in dealing with that kack DOC.   Cause he is going to need it.

I wish them all luck. 

CRS made a few small mistakes , and i'm going to get myself banned pointing it out to them.  CRS listens to the wrong customers, the forum trolls who spend more time blabbing on the forums then actually playing the game, and those players typically lack imagination and vision, and their lack of vision is disturbing.

• topdtopd Community Manager - World War II OnlineMember Posts: 5

Actually, numbers for December and January have been very good.  All time zones have seen an increase. 

Of couse, our promotion has a lot ot do with that and it's our hope that we can bring some old players back new subscribers in. 

We'll start seeing the results of our two-month trial later this month but I'm pretty optimistic.

• irisjing01irisjing01 Member Posts: 5

everything will be fine. some incidents make it more interesting.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Nerf09

I wish them all luck. 

CRS made a few small mistakes , and i'm going to get myself banned pointing it out to them.  CRS listens to the wrong customers, the forum trolls who spend more time blabbing on the forums then actually playing the game, and those players typically lack imagination and vision, and their lack of vision is disturbing.

This has to be the most tactful way that I have seen that put in a LONG time... Well done.     The game did start out with the right intentions... I remember so many of the game magazine reviews and previews with DOC, Gophur, and a few other rats who are no longer with CRS.   Discussing things that will be in game.    But most have yet to show up.     This isnt because of just engine limitations but because of exactly why you said.    Listening to the wrong playerbase....   But I guess that comes with the turf when DOC spends 90% of his time in the playskool forums.  

TOPD, by the way, wasnt DOC restricted from the forums a while ago for getting to caught up in them.

So much crap, so little quality.

• dijpadijpa Member Posts: 12

you do know that bad mouthing a company or its employees in a public forum can lead to you being prosecuted dont you?

your personal witch hunt is a spiteful attempt to harm a company, its customers and ultimately their profit. I am sure a lawyer would have a field day with that.

You've unsubscribed, so just live with the fact that you couldnt handle the game, and move on to something else that best suits your playing style... I hear SWG is looking for new subs.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by dijpa

you do know that bad mouthing a company or its employees in a public forum can lead to you being prosecuted dont you?

sure it can....

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953
    Originally posted by topd

Actually, numbers for December and January have been very good.  All time zones have seen an increase. 
    Of couse, our promotion has a lot ot do with that and it's our hope that we can bring some old players back new subscribers in. 
    We'll start seeing the results of our two-month trial later this month but I'm pretty optimistic.

It's the Christmas season where people get weeks off of work, of course numbers are going to be up, not because of the game.

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667

Wait so did a walk out really happen or not, I remember reading about this a month ago, and I don't even play the game but I thought it was hella cool they were gonna walk out.

Just curious did they ever get it off the ground?

Did they actually have a mass walk out?

First off... nothing I have posted has been incorrect or falsified.   And next this is a INTERNET FORUM.   Which means national laws DO NOT apply.    I could be in one of 300 contries in the world with a internet connection posting this.    

Next yes and no.  The walk out sort of took place.   As in the end of the campaign happened with the allies winning the day prior to the walkout, and thus the servers were down on the day of the walkout.   Then came a long intermission.   Go figure. 

Eitherway.   I was banned at that point and was still a paying customer.   And thus could complain and gripe all I wanted about the game.    So take that and shove that in your bong and toke it.

• TrenchgunTrenchgun Member Posts: 295
    Originally posted by fredrik1

Just ignoring the fact that the 110C has POSITIVE KD agains ALL tier 0 fighters..
    Bf110c (DE) Hurri I (UK) 1,160 1,043 1.11

Bf110c (DE) Hawk 75 (FR) 817 818 1.00

The Axis side gets a single seat figher the 109e1 in the next patch.
    The players that he is talking about were removed because they refused to follow the terms of service of the game, even after being warned.
    Sad to se that the comunity isn't as mature as I once thought.

That's a kanard, because K/D ratio doesn't translate into whether or can maintain air superiority over a given area. The 110 requires an expert to be effective with as a consequence of the fact that it's so unforgiving a plane to fly that the only people who bother trying are the experts. Low numbers of higher skilled pilots may get kills and stay alive, but it takes numbers and staying power to actually effect the ground war - Neither of which the 110 can provide. It has few pilots because of it's steep learning curve, and it's completely unforgiving in low energy or outnumbered situations so it cannot act as an effective air superiority fighter.

The axis have no base to form more experts because there's no plane that can ease people into the air war.

The H75 and Hurricane are both easy planes to fly and, due to their agile nature, allow even a novice to survive using basic turnfighter insticts, and their as a consequence their sheer weight of numbers will control any airspace because as a energy friendly turnfighter you can get down on the deck without losing all control over the situation.

• TrenchgunTrenchgun Member Posts: 295

There is also the fact, that, unfortunately, at least 80% of the developers play allied.

Throughout the life of the game, allied bugs have always been more quickly quashed, tweaks to allied equipment almost always being done to make the characteristics more favorable, and allied imbalances more quickly rectified (and overcompensation taking longer to reverse).

The rats can claim they have no overt bias, and they may truly believe that, but nothing can change the fact that simply by spending the bulk of their limited playtime all on one side it biases their perceptions about the game's balance.

They don't understand what the axis go through. They are always extremely slow in responding to major problems, bugs, or balance issues when it concerns the axis side.

• bananajoebananajoe Member Posts: 82

Nerf09,
    It is funny how the game hasnt changed much... other than less players on during peak times now.

Oh well... still not subscribed to the game, so who am I to talk anymore.   I wish KFS1 all the luck in the world in dealing with that kack DOC.   Cause he is going to need it.

The game changed so much that probably more than 50% of former subscribers are gone. The HC idea combined with TOE destroyed a lot of strategical ingame content and freedom. So there are lots of reasons why you see less players. I see the only chance for crs to fix this, but the damage is done already.

Honestly the game hasnt changed that much... its still a move from town to town.... fight over flag points, radio humping, campfest.   

Oddly enough when I talk to WWII vets, my grandfather being one of them when he was alive...  they didnt mention anything about fighting over radios... or every fight being in a town.    Or really honestly knowing where the enamy was all the time.

• lronsjetpacklronsjetpack Member Posts: 5

I guess he's responsible for this *FAIL* campaign also

http://wwiiolbalance.blogspot.com/2008/10/wwii-online-balancing-issues.html

Cry whine cry whine and cry some more!

Typical pompus a$$hat Axis noob that has to cry so much when things do not go their way.

sure everyone knows its EASYMODE anyway on AXIS but its still not enough for cry baby rommel here!.

Thankfully people like this have been removed from the game and I personally would rather see them removed from the playerbase and hopefully a extra month of subscription taken off them also so their money can go to improving the game for the more sensible players who do not whine and cry like this particular chunk of fleshnoob!.

Its only a shame that this idiot is still not playing so I can blow the front clean off anything he drives flies or walks.

Ironsjetpack,

uh, who ARE you?  Wait nobody.   thank you buh bye.

lmao I didn't notice any drop in player numbers in the past few weeks only Hodo crying!

have a look at his service record also hes not only a whiney little biach but hes also a ALT F4 cry baby looooser as well.

Even when the game works he's so stuck up his own sweaty little rectum that he cant even credit the allies with a kill because his ego can't even accept that a axis noob should die!.

What a loser little wanker with no mates you really are!

One good thing is he has not played since xmas and the game is much much better without this little turd having his tantrum and expecting everyone else to strike/walkout just because he thinks they should.

Good riddance to you and I only hope you come back so I can pwn u on the battlefield over and over and over and over again even when you do ALT F4 while shitting your pants.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Originally posted by lronsjetpack
    lmao I didn't notice any drop in player numbers in the past few weeks only Hodo crying!
    have a look at his service record also hes not only a whiney little biach but hes also a ALT F4 cry baby looooser as well.
    Even when the game works he's so stuck up his own sweaty little rectum that he cant even credit the allies with a kill because his ego can't even accept that a axis noob should die!.
    What a loser little wanker with no mates you really are!
    One good thing is he has not played since xmas and the game is much much better without this little turd having his tantrum and expecting everyone else to strike/walkout just because he thinks they should.
    Good riddance to you and I only hope you come back so I can pwn u on the battlefield over and over and over and over again even when you do ALT F4 while shitting your pants.

ROFL...some people i say...got owned by half a sentence then goes all out...chill dude, chill...

Ya i'm chilled just in awe at this noob and his expectations that his input to the game actually means JACK SHIT! :D

what he needs is a reality pill!

The game continues like it always will do with or without Sir whine-a-lot.

First off... nothing I have posted has been incorrect or falsified.   And next this is a INTERNET FORUM.   Which means national laws DO NOT apply.    I could be in one of 300 contries in the world with a internet connection posting this.    

Next yes and no.  The walk out sort of took place.   As in the end of the campaign happened with the allies winning the day prior to the walkout, and thus the servers were down on the day of the walkout.   Then came a long intermission.   Go figure. 
    Eitherway.   I was banned at that point and was still a paying customer.   And thus could complain and gripe all I wanted about the game.    So take that and shove that in your bong and toke it.

One last thing that dooshbag here does not realise being the dense one he is.

CRS know exactly who you are and where you are being that you supplied them with billing information including your home address, contact number and guess what NAME!

DOPE :D

so if they really really wanted to do you for damages then they could quite easy locate you.

Did the army also teach you crap internet laws that you seem to not understand and also bad capture and evade techniques.

I won't even bring up the spelling on his blog :D

I do?  I am not the one making multiple posts to get my post count up to act big and bad over the net.    And seeing your a NOOB here.   Perhaps you should step back and take in some perspective on this post.   It was started before 1.29.     Somethings have changed since then.    I have not played since the free trial over the winter.    And HONESTLY I am just tired of the whole WWII thing anyway.       And of your childish crap.    Cause this day one player, who had a 5:1 Kill death ratio in a Stug IIIG, and a 4+ :1 in a Bf110..... hmm.... yea.     I dont know you, and I am tired of you...  so I am done with this conversation.   

TABLED

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

I can't say a thing about the "walkout" because I had stopped playing by then...but I can make the following observations from playing both sides through several campaigns in 2007-2008:

The Allies *ARE* easy mode when it comes to gear/equipment/vehicles et al. Anyone who claims otherwise is either drunk or a moron. Many pieces of Axis gear underperform staggeringly compared to any kind of historical data and the Axis get stuck with weaker variants of many of the match ups than the Allies do.

At least when I was playing this equipment superiority and frequent allied numerical superiority was balanced out by generally higher skill levels and better coordination on the Axis side. (Not everyone by any means, but overall)

Lastly (and what drove me away from the game), a fair number of people (on both sides) were/are using hacks/cheats and/or crossteaming to locate/target enemies. (Again, anyone who has played for a length of time probably ran into this)

• hardcasehardcase Member Posts: 367

A lot of the axis stuff was poorly designed and once they ran into the Brits on the Island and Russia during the winter, the flaws showed up. It was easy to defeat small countries and France, if they had had competent command could have defeated the axis. WW2OL shows the axis weakness because the allies are not incompetent.

LMAO nobody care about you hodo or how long you played the fact is pure and simple YOU DONT ANYMORE :D

Ur BANNED :D

And thats the best part of the story.

You just have to face it not only are you kicked out of the real army (imaginary anyway ya fantasist!) you were also kicked out of ww2online.

Ur whiney little protest *FAILED* and you can cry till the sheep come home all you want! nothing will detract from the fact that you are indeed a litle noob turd who is just crying because you failed.

What a laughable noob you really with your poor spelled blog which is not quite sure who or what its attacking.

Anyway i'm just laffin at you over and over because nothing will change the fact you are outta there and we are not :D

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783
    Originally posted by hardcase

A lot of the axis stuff was poorly designed and once they ran into the Brits on the Island and Russia during the winter, the flaws showed up. It was easy to defeat small countries and France, if they had had competent command could have defeated the axis. WW2OL shows the axis weakness because the allies are not incompetent.

That's a very very simplistic view of things. A lot of *everyones* stuff was very poorly designed in the early war and even some much later.

To be more specific, areas where WW2O is just off:

Allied Armored cars: The vast majority of allied armored cars early in the war were armed with heavy MGs or at best 15-25mm cannon; not 37mms and 2lbers. In WW2O the allies are given the best of their possibilities, the germans never see their better ones.

The myth of the Matilda - many of the Matilda tanks in British service at the start of the war were the "female" version; slightly lighter armor and only mounting machine guns. The British should have *nothing* like the number of "male" Matildas they get in WW2O.

CRS decided for "balance" reasons to give the British infantry large numbers of SMGs, when they historically had almost none outside of commando/para units. Likewise the germans had rather high numbers of automatic support weapons in comparison to most armies, which is not reflected in game.

The german 88 underperforms massively in the game, for no apparent reason. Likewise, the majority of german atgs should have access to a limited supply of better AP ammo which made up a lot of their effectiveness.

Don't get me wrong, there are *plenty* of cases where CRS has screwed up the historical load outs or performance of allied gear as well; but overall the "balance" in game is clearly skewed to favor the allies. (Not overwhelmingly so, but more than enough to notice if you play both sides for any length)

• DragonOrderDragonOrder Member Posts: 16

Any updates on fixes with balance?