Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talk of a AXIS walkout is TRUE!

Comments

• CainurkCainurk Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Trueth

I don't know. You probably rolled them too many times once too often.
    It's no secret the GHC outclassed the AHC hands down in every aspect several years back. If I recall correctly we had to lend them a retired CinC and his staff to help the AHC restructure and get organized. It might of been Meggadeath. But whatever.
    If the game has gone arcade as you say, that sucks. I'm hoping unity II or whatever it is will make the game playable.
    Best of luck till then.
    Tactics - Armee Grp B - 14th MOT - KG3

See, the problem is that it isnt the Axis players' fault that our officers actually did their jobs once upon a time. That has NOTHING to do with "balance" or any such nonsense. There are some of us that take this game seriously (when we play), and it usually makes us better players. To get nerfs simply because large chunks of Axis are skilled players, or that our officers are more talented, is just.. lame =/

Now as I understand it, a large portion of skilled players and officers either quit Axis or jumped ship to the Allies. I dont see (nor do I want) the Rats giving Axis some kind of advantage in the form of in-game buffing/nerfing.

As for the game, it still has tactical gameplay, decent enough (despite inaccuracies in actual payload and outfitting) penetration systems, and good flight mode. The infantry game, as always, is a little wobbly, but its been that way for a long time. We are all used to it.

I really dont want to think this game is heading down the toilet. It is the only game of its kind, and therefore can always attract new players. We just need to get the updated graphics, a navy to attract those kinds of players, and restoration of historically authentic weapons systems.

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

This might be a little off topic, but as someone who was there in the first weeks of the original launch (2001 or so, off the top of my head), I would love to see the graphics engine update. I realize they have limited resources, but ww2 online was the first MMO I really got into. I played for a month or so a while back ,and it was definitely more quiet, but I still had some new memorable experiences.

I'd re-sub in a second with some upgraded graphics. I'm totally out of the loop on the issue at hand in this thread, so I'll just watch.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Cainurk,

You bring up some VERY good points.   This is my problems with the game.   I having been a dedicated Axis player, and having played a map as Allied, just to see if my biased oppinions were that biased.   They werent.   The French later tier stuff is FAR better than some of it should, some of it is all smoke and mirrors.   The British stuff isnt as great as some would think.   But it too had been nerfed.   I cant stand the flightmodel.... its too arcadey.     But all other aspects the game, when not nerfed is good.    Yes a Sherman 76 CAN kill a Tiger.    Yes a Sherman had a crap load of armor on the turret.    So dont shoot the turret.    But some of the other things.... like kneecapping the axis luftwaffa with the 110C at tier 0 vs Hurricanes, P36(hawks) and A20 (DB7s) is just not a match... seeing as the DB7 can and DOES out run the 110.   

So much crap, so little quality.

• DeridiumDeridium Member Posts: 99

WW2online walkouts? Whats next, NPC chars demonstrating during bombing raids with signs "No More Bombs!"

Computer Chars in hippie clothes, aka, Radical activists attacks tanks and sprays "Make Love not War!"

There can be only one

Originally posted by Deridium

WW2online walkouts? Whats next, NPC chars demonstrating during bombing raids with signs "No More Bombs!"

Computer Chars in hippie clothes, aka, Radical activists attacks tanks and sprays "Make Love not War!"

Do you even play the game?   lol.  

Chars in Hippy clothes...  That would be mildly interesting to see....   A tie-dyed Char Bis.

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44

Lol wtf are you whining about?

The air??

Luftwaffe kicked allied ass in tier 1 and 2 everywhere.

And with the new changes you'd think that with the dewo, french will gonna own.

Well axis just got their yaw fixed what makes their single engine planes even more deadly so lets just wait and see what happens.

The 6 day campaign was due to problems in GHC and this new breakthrough was due to no GHC left that can move the map. All the good map movers went allied. 

Originally posted by MouzurX

Lol wtf are you whining about?
    The air??

Luftwaffe kicked allied ass in tier 1 and 2 everywhere.

And with the new changes you'd think that with the dewo, french will gonna own.
    Well axis just got their yaw fixed what makes their single engine planes even more deadly so lets just wait and see what happens.
    The 6 day campaign was due to problems in GHC and this new breakthrough was due to no GHC left that can move the map. All the good map movers went allied. 

Actually the 6 day campaign, wasnt due to the HC problems... that happened after the 6 day.       The fact of the Luftwaffle lack of players is because of the missmodeled aircraft.    The are working on it.   So I have seen on the beta server that the 1.29 patch does much to try and improve on this, but the rudder yaw problem is fixed, sort of.     They just dumbed down  the rudder across the board.    So they fixed one problem now the rudder doesnt react like a REAL rudder.     And I love how you bring up Tier 1 and 2....  Not the problem at TIER 0....

You got a NO-GO in the attention to detail skill didnt you?

What lack of Luftwaffe? Theres only lack of luftwaffe in tier0 ... and thats just because theres lack of axis players playing tier0 in overall..

O no its tier0 now allied have uber gear and although we kicked their ass every campaign with the same gear we have now, we just not going to log in till tier1.

And its just bs cuz with lack of players, axis still holds the towns in tier0, so i don't really get where you are whining about.

YES tier0 needs balancing, but think like this ... its only 1 TIER, axis dominate more or less in tier 1 and 2 and 3 is axis all the way.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Axis dont fly in tier0. The twin engine 110 is garbage. Slow. Cant turn with a damm. basically, your single engine tier0 fighters fly circles around it. So, wiuth a crap fighter, nobody flies RDP raids or flies at all due to the crappy 110. Now you see allied just running all over the map with thier air power at tier0. All we axis can do is hope to hold the line long enuff for tier1 and all the axis players to come back.

So, are we gonna walk out or what?

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

So you all just plain cry-babys or?

In 1.29 you will get the 09e1 + 110 in tier0, allied will get the hurri 1, hawk75, dewo and spit 1a. 

Here is your single engine plane.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

In 1.29 you will get the 09e1 + 110 in tier0, allied will get the hurri 1, hawk75, dewo and spit 1a. 

The 109e1 vs the dewo and spit is going to get its ass kicked.  Thats a nerf.

4 allied single fighters against 1. Yeah thats fair. Why dont CRS move the sap locations again, just make this even better.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110

I really hopr that you guys DO walk out. This game needs mature players, not people who fly off th handle and whine incessantly when they discover that in a war game, the other side is allowed to beat you.

For years you have won with the very same equipment but when you start losing a few (mostly due to major mistakes I might add) suddenly everything is broken and the game developers are out to get you . When suddenly the game is the most balanced it has ever been in 7 years and each side has an equal chance for success instead of everything thing being pitched (unintentionally of course) toward ensuring your side victory after victory due to broken game mechanics which have recently been fixed.....

We heard enough of this garbage from players on the Allied side when they were losing constantly and their complaints had nothing to do with real issues but with anything they could come up with to excuse the fact that they were causing the majority of their own problems.

Axis complained of too many tanks, they were reduced, they still lost. Axis complained about not enough towns, more were added, they still lost. Axis complained about factory locations, they were moved and they still lost. Movement timers, Tiger numbers,etc., etc., none of those things have had any effect. This has been the case since the TO&E system was introduced, that Axis players, while just as good as Allied players refuse to acknoewlege their own mistakes and shortcomings and they continue to be a thorn in their sides. What used to be the most organised and well oiled machine has fallen into disarray, a rusting junk heap. I for one am thankfull that there are still Axis players with determination and the heart to keep on pushing. They will reemerge as they best that side has to offer and take the Axis side back to the staggering hieghts from which it has fallen.

By all means leave, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• HotjoeHotjoe Member Posts: 1

Thanks anf, these little axis kids need a smack like that once in a while.........i just have one comment on the 110.....even IF if cant outmaneuver allied teir 0 planes (i've seen it happen to experienced allied pilots including to me plenty of times, it can pull off some pretty fucked up shit at times, even if it is lucky)

the allied fighters shoot BB's... its like shooting a watergun at the moon when ur trying to even damage a 111, or even a 110.

If axis are gonna walk out, please make it all the ex-WoW, Halo 3, little immature 8 year olds that call their moms bitches for taking their 360...which makes up most of the axis side is the general understanding.. not to mention the piss-pants GHC

Grow up Axis, please cry somewhere else and dont ruin the game for everyone else. You won plenty of times in the past, the only explanation is the Vets left you to not be disgraced by you whiny asswipes.

Hopefully more mature players take your place, Have a nice MMO life =D see ya

Errr.... I wasn't trying to flame all Axis players.... just the knot heads.

You 2 need to learn how to read. It was a 1 week walkout. For this week. And it appears to have worked, as aliied had a very quick win with most of the Axis squads aggreeing to walkout. Now, lets see if CRS will put this 1.29 patch in now.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Originally posted by lugal

You 2 need to learn how to read. It was a 1 week walkout. For this week. And it appears to have worked, as aliied had a very quick win with most of the Axis squads aggreeing to walkout. Now, lets see if CRS will put this 1.29 patch in now.

GHC screwed up flag placements and it cost the map, that is all. Axis stopped logging in once the factories were capped. It didn't work or change anything. BTW new map has started, no patch . Extend it a year or so please, for the benefit of the community.

• IXJacIXJac Member UncommonPosts: 13

The basic assumptions of the OP post are wrong.  The Axis do not suffer due to a loss of air superiority in Tier 0 because of the lack of single engine fighters.  In fact, the 110 holds a modest margin of superiority over both the H.75 and the Hurricane due to its speed and firepower.  Prior to the Hurri fix with its corrected speed and DeWilde ammo instituted after the first Tier 0 slaughter the margin was even greater.   In fact the first Tier 0 matchup brought almost total Axis air superiority over the British front for the first week of the campaign.  In comparison, without cannon armed fighters it is very difficult for most Allied pilots to down Axis planes - even the Stuka can be a threat to planes like the H.75.

Flying in teams and coordinated on TS a flight of 110s can keep each other safe and clear the skies of all Tier 0 opposition.  Certainly not all players fly in flights or on TS, nor do all Axis pilots know how to handle the 110 but - as in real war - a handful of fighter pilots account for the vast majority of the kills, and those Axis pilots doing the killing are well aware of how to get the most out of the 110/Hurri/H.75 matchup.  In the hands of a squad of vets taking on a flight of Hurricanes in the 110 is like clubbing baby seals.  The 110s crime is that it is a difficult plane to fly - far to hard for a supposed "n00b" ride, hence the impending arrival of the 109E1.

From my perspective the allied resurgence began with the new Brigade structure and the town ownership rules which allow the French and British to mingle and mix their strengths, removing the fault-lines the Axis had been able to exploit for so long.  Now the pendulum seems to have swung towards the Allied side, but as a pilot I can say it has nothing to do with any changes to the air situation.

Jac, I will comment to you first because I am feeling civil.

So the fact that when I played allied over the summer, and shot down no less than 6 planes in one sortie with a Hurricane mk1 says its hard to shot down planes with 303s?   I think not.   It took 72 rounds to flame a 110.    72!  thats 9 rounds PER gun.   I know this because thats ALL the ammo I had left.     Of those 6 kills, 5 were 110s, 1 was a Stuka.     And I hadnt flown in over a year at that point so I was a little rusty.     So explain to me how that is exactly "hard"?     Or when I could run around in a DAC and blow up Tigers, StuGs, IVGs, IVDs, IIIF/Hs with ease... and yet the 232 is hard pressed to kill infantry in the open.   God forbid I mention the wonderfail that IIIF is at tier 0.    Tall, thin armor, and a gun thats about as useful as a beta video in DVD screening.  

Anfiac,

So the great allied fanboy shows up.   LOL, yea that campaign was a epic fail... but this one is showing to be another.    So lets see the GHC failed the players, some quit, some got fired....  now there are less... wait more are quiting, more are getting fired.... and fewer remain.   I see more crap on the map day by day, it makes me GLAD I unsubbed from the game.    Cause even a act of GOD couldnt save this game now.   And I dont mean Bilton.   You know your secret life partner.    I really hope that you can pull your head out of the Rats 5th point of contact long enough for you to realise his.    Good luck with the game cause it aint balanced like it once was...   

Tier 0 back 6 years ago was.....

Germans - IIIF, 38t, IVD, StuG IIIB, 109E4, 110C, 87B, IIC, rifles, SMGs, and sappers with pistols....

French- R35, Char 1 Bis, Blen, DB7, Huricane, H75, rifles and SMGs, and sappers...

Brits,- R35s, Chars, A13s, Blens, Havocs, Huricanes, Spitfires, rifles, SMGs, and sappers.

Idealy it should be..

Germans- IIIFs, 38t, IVD, 232, StuG IIIB, 109E1, 109E4, 110C,  HE111, Ju87b, IIC, Rifles, Smgs, Sappers with Pistols, paras, ATRs, mortars, LMGs, Pak 36s, Pak 38s, Flak 36s, and grenadiers without HEAT.

French- H39, R35, Panhard, Char Bis, H75, Dewo, Potez 630, Cmle 25, 47mm ATG, rifles, SMGs, LMGs, Sappers with pistols, Paras, ATRs, LMGs, mortars, and Grenadiers without HEAT.

British- A13, Vickers, Matilda, Hurricane mk1, Spitfire Mk1a,  Blens, Beaufighter, 2lber, Rifles, SMGs, LMGs, Sappers with pistols, Paras, ATRs, Mortars, and grenadiers WITHOUT HEAT.

Thats a historicly ACCURATE Tier 0 list.   Its not overly one sided, its got alot of what was there.   And it leaves alot for expansion.     But DOC and CRS dont want that... they want the Fremaricans in the game as soon as possible.

• BrendhanBrendhan Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by anfiach`

I really hopr that you guys DO walk out. This game needs mature players, not people who fly off th handle and whine incessantly when they discover that in a war game, the other side is allowed to beat you.
    For years you have won with the very same equipment but when you start losing a few (mostly due to major mistakes I might add) suddenly everything is broken and the game developers are out to get you . When suddenly the game is the most balanced it has ever been in 7 years and each side has an equal chance for success instead of everything thing being pitched (unintentionally of course) toward ensuring your side victory after victory due to broken game mechanics which have recently been fixed.....
    We heard enough of this garbage from players on the Allied side when they were losing constantly and their complaints had nothing to do with real issues but with anything they could come up with to excuse the fact that they were causing the majority of their own problems.
    Axis complained of too many tanks, they were reduced, they still lost. Axis complained about not enough towns, more were added, they still lost. Axis complained about factory locations, they were moved and they still lost. Movement timers, Tiger numbers,etc., etc., none of those things have had any effect. This has been the case since the TO&E system was introduced, that Axis players, while just as good as Allied players refuse to acknoewlege their own mistakes and shortcomings and they continue to be a thorn in their sides. What used to be the most organised and well oiled machine has fallen into disarray, a rusting junk heap. I for one am thankfull that there are still Axis players with determination and the heart to keep on pushing. They will reemerge as they best that side has to offer and take the Axis side back to the staggering hieghts from which it has fallen.
    By all means leave, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I played Axis for 6 years...Day 1 and all that bullshit....and yet this is the greatest single post on the Social History of ww2ol I have ever read.

Gawd we used to pwn the Allies..map after map after map...then...they figured it out......./cry

Oh well...I'm coming back for the Holiday special....play fer free for Vets

Sapper Gear...check

Kar....check

Attitude.....check

Fear Gregore

• shaunathanshaunathan Member Posts: 73

Gregore's back?  

hmm,  I wonder if the breakfast club still plays..  I think the south shall push for the sea again..  *goes and digs out his joystick and looks for his OKW login information...*

If the Yaw is fixed, I'll take to the skies.

• ionassionass Member Posts: 7

Brits,- R35s, Chars, A13s, Blens, Havocs, Huricanes, Spitfires, rifles, SMGs, and sappers.

'Twas the night before christmas, and all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a... RAT?!

On the first day of Christmas my truelove gave to me: A British char in an AB :)

Oh, and what happened to the E4 in tier 0? was it to overpowered after allies lost just about every single god dmn map 2001-->200whatever?

I Miss this game :)

• FraugnutzFraugnutz Member Posts: 69

I remember in 6th grade, the entire class walked out in the middle of 2nd period. We stood around in the soccer field for 20 minutes, then we went back inside. The next day, we all came back to school and it was exactly the same.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953
    Originally posted by Nerf09

The 109e1 vs the dewo and spit is going to get its ass kicked.  Thats a nerf.

10/30/08 5:49:14 PM

I am the Great Predictor!  

All bow down to your 21st century Nostradomas.  I can see the future.

Oh is there anyone more knowledgeaable then I *giggles* in the wwiionline universe?  Nay I say.

Nerf09,

It is funny how the game hasnt changed much... other than less players on during peak times now.

Oh well... still not subscribed to the game, so who am I to talk anymore.   I wish KFS1 all the luck in the world in dealing with that kack DOC.   Cause he is going to need it.