Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite Class

So much hate going on thought I would open a diffrent one.

Whats your favorite class and why. Give 2-3 if you want. And you most hated one to fight. Just let the wrld know what everyone likes/dislikes. (Avoid flames on most hated to fight, theres are burnt threads for that crap)

I'll go first

Favorite is the squig herder. Mostly because of there goofy nature, but there pretty fun to play with being so tiny and the skills are nice to. I love sacraficing my squigs for benifits to. There running and shooting tactics are excellent RVR tactics and very helpfull as well.

My hated fighting against is the engineers : (

all those turrets and gernades blow my greens a** up haha. And snaring me so the Lions can eat me : (

Enjoy : )

Comments

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679

Favorite is Archmage.  I love being a great healer but also able to DoT and nuke if healing isn't as needed.  It seems quite easy to keep myself alive in most situations as well.  I also think they have the best spell graphics and animations in the game.

Most hated fighting against class... Witch Elves.  They are the ones who always seem to be able to take me down fastest.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

Witch Hunter

Rune Priest

Squig Herder

• vircotovircoto Member Posts: 27

Well im really finding the witch hunter alot of fun seems to be a jack of all trades,  hate fighting black orcs find it hard to break the tank. Ive started a  priest and having fun with him and im thinking about a engineer like what ive seen of those so far. All in all im having alot of fun with this game and once the kinks are ironed out it will only get better.

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

1st - Ironbreaker

2nd - Runepriest (I love the heals, buffs, and runes)

3rd - Engineer (These guys are great for keep defense and explosions make me feel all "Dwarfy" inside)

STOP WHINING!

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

I started with only Range DPS as i didnt want to get involved with melee and circle strafing, when i found out that the impact of circle strafing was not as bad as other games i tried a Marauder and have not looked back.

Marauder - Just luv the melee DPS and hitting the BWs and healers on the back line.

Shadow Warrior - Things happen slower with range dps, like to skirmish with her as well.

Bright Wiz - Feels god like, with masses of ranged DPS, i can cause a lot of pain from a distance and decided who dies - but once i get hit in melee i die real quick, these are really glass cannons.

I also tried a shaman, i recommend everyone tires a goblin, as someone said above, they are really funny chars to play.

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279

only 3 ? okay ,,,

1 sorcerer,  nuff said, they can nuke , dot, , root, and just pwn.

2 deciple of khain, thinks thats how its spelt, okay heals, mele combat fun , and can do stuff, yeah

3 squig herder, they are lots of fun to play around with but they suck in pvp.

hated class ?  maybe the witch hunters.  didnt know they had stealth untill yeasters. that took me by surprise.

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

Archmage is my favourite so far. I'm still trying out different classes. I also really enjoy my Rune Priest.

My least favourite class is Witch Elf but probably for a different reason than most people. It's not the fact that they seem so nasty, it's the fact that they're forcing the game to go down a dps path which is a real pity. I like having lots of options for utility, healing, and defence in PvP games. I would say too that the Bright Wizard is very similar in that respect. It's become a game of dps numbers and people are looking mostly at dps rather than anything else. Because of the push towards amazing dps in the endgame, I think that a lot of classes that weren't meant to be straight dps, like Engies, SH's, and Magii are going to be complained about until Mythic boosts them and then destroys balance in the game.

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

Runepriest (my first character and i love it to death)

Ironbreaker (cant beat a dwarf tank )

Black Orc (i do like the Marauder but i have a soft spot for orcs)

the class i hate the most?  i dont really have one as i smash/get smashed by all the classes.  i'd say (on my main's server) Shamans are a tad annoying.  they either run like girls or fight to the bitter (and lengthy end).  i would hate tanks but being a healer i have had some epic fights including my most memorable between my runepriest and a black orc.   it lasted over 5 minutes and was one hell of a big waste of time but we had fun .

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279

now that i think about it,i think i hate the bright wizards a litle bit more even though i shouldnt since i can out nuke them to death, LITERALY SPEAKING,  but for some  reason i just dont like them i geuss, with their  oh look at me in 2nd high  in ranged dps but im a good guy , and the name of their class, Bright wizards, what makes them so bright ? they suck !!!!

so , do any  of you hate the sorcerer ? lol

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

1. White Lion - Played one of these in open beta to level 10ish, did not like them, started playing one on release, man around lvl 15 these guys really start to come out of there shell.  I know the lions themselves are somewhat weak, but man it's pretty funny in Tor Anroc to sick him on a healer and just watch him endlessly annoy the healer or squiq herder.

2.  Ironbreaker - I think this is probably the best of the Order classes, I know when I enter a RvR scenario I feel pretty good if I see my team has a few of these guys, also in Tor Anroc it's pretty funny watching them knock like 5 players back.

3.Squiq Herder- Havent played any destruct since release but during open beta I played one of these guys, they sure are a lot of fun, however I do think they are among the most not feared classes in RvR, when my white lion was lvl 24 i would easily run a lvl 30 one of these over without any problem.

• JuppJupp Member Posts: 65

- Engineer

The most exciting combat in the game I had with my engineer. With all the abilities you have and the not so cool armor you really have to watch your six all the time while running all around the battlefield being a pita for the opposing force. One of the harder classes to play well but on the other side being an engineer can be very rewarding.

- Ironbreaker

I play my IB as a pure tank guarding the squishies and the friendly healers. Having a warrior priest in the guild that is having a very close eye on my health bar makes playing an Ironbreaker very interesting. Having a grudged and guarded WP on your side makes you a deadly  combination for the opposing team

- Warrior Priest

Nothing better than being able to heal and smash skulls at the same time. I hate pure healers with a passion but I like keeping my teammates alive on the battlefield. So the warrior priest the perfect mix for me. Did I mention that a WP is a perfect addition to the Ironbreaker :D

I played most of the Destro classes to some degree but since Destro is having a higher headcount on the servers the Order side appeals more to me because it is a bit more of a challenge in OpenRvR. And I really dig the dwarf classes in this game :)

Destro is cool but Order has more style, except elves, the sissies

Edit says: Added explanation as to why I chose those classes

Remember, remember the 5th of November

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718

@ OP... ask this question 3 months from now.... 

I personally enjoy trick/utility/cc classes... but in this game, they've scattered those moves among multiple classes. So will have to try 4 or 5 to find which one does the most before having a good answer... (but figuring out which class you like is half the fun of an MMO right?)

• JpizzleJpizzle Member Posts: 371

White Lion - I think a well played WL is more powerful then a Mur. Murs are straight up "bang bang bang" dmg. In your face. WL are more deceptive. Using the lion (for PvP and PvE both) as a distraction is incredible. It allows the WL to attack from the side or rear which is REALLY where they shine. I've only just got to lvl 18, but I also have a 15 BW, and a 9 IB. Both are fun, but I love the amount of flexability WL have. They are also not thought of as the "dmg dealer" which is nice. B/c Black Orcs, DoKs, and WEs all ignore me to go after the engy and RP/AM. Which, again, allows me to walk right up and crit them w/ some nice DPS.

I hate Witch Elves. Those girls hurt. They are tough and can rip through myself and my lion w/ min problems. 

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Favorite Class:

Warrior Priest--- I love being on the front lines, but I also LOVE the choice of being able to either spec for damage of spec for heals.. with the ability to do both in combat.  At level 22 I have an AOE heal and an AOE Barrier spell to assist myself and comrades in my party. 

A well played WP has the ability to take on numerous opponents while keeping their teammates alive.

My second Favorite class would then be witch hunter:  Its much harder for me to enjoy my witch hunter though because they're so dependant on Healers, and good healers are hard to find.