Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would YOU improve POTBS ?

What would you do to this game ?

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

The game had so much going for it.   And they killed it with the complete toss out of realism.   The other big downer for me was the repetive melee combat.   It was ALWAYS the same crew fights, just different uniforms.      The ship combat was pretty good, till the buffs kick in.   Not alot of skill needed there.     The complete lack of a first or close third person of your "toon" on the deck of the ship during ship combat was the REAL kicker for me.  

And this was just what turned me off during the open beta.

So much crap, so little quality.

• nubadaknubadak Member Posts: 150

I'll start by saying that I followed POTBS from the very first anouncment. The idea and concept is original and ground breaking.

I played in open beta for a bit then bought the game and played for a bit.

I debated with rusty on the offical forums, hes prety cool.

The game failed when the decission to go from a free form world to the one we see today that looks like a sid pirates game was made.

The realisim all of it, went with it.

If the game played like when we are in sea battles (over looking the ship and its crew) all the time this game would be huge. |Alas...it does not. Not many peeps know but there was a build at one time when the player camera was always above the ship and it looked nothing like sid meirs pirates.

I think a reversion would bring customers back.

Cheers!

Nub's

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

nubadak,  it is unfortant thats the direction the developers decided to go.   Instead of the originial concept.   Or even leaving the option for a server like that.

So much crap, so little quality.

• bad_moutonbad_mouton Member Posts: 2

FLS decided what to work on, and even though beta players asked for change, they took a gamble and lost it. I think it's too late, and it doesn't help that it's so intimidating to newcomers