Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MORE NPCS!!

We could definitely use more npcs, the shortage of npcs in all game zones makes the game infinitely boring when you can't or don't want to taxi..

Comments

• AmanteAmante Member Posts: 12

It would be cool if NPCs did more than simply exist in space.. I definately agree with more NPCs.. even in the 300 NPC game, there just don't seem to be enough around usually.. They seem to be in clumps of space, with large sections uninhabited.

It could be cool to see more to NPCs.. Such as NPC corporations.. Groups of NPCs travelling/fighting in packs.  We sort of have that now, though it seems to be random.. If you fight one NPC, and another happens to warp in, he'll join.. Or if you attack one with a bunch in the area, they'll swarm and hit you.  But corporate NPCs who could call each other for help would be awesome.  Could give each "corporation" a set range of systems they would wander, and when one of them gets attacked, they rush to that system.

Additionally, it would be nice if NPCs would set up colonies.  I know a lot of people complain that colony building is tedious, pointless work.  NPC colonies could help alleviate some of the annoyances with building a colony from scratch.  NPCs could build colonies, drop off colonists, drop off resources, etc.. Then a player walks in and steals the colony.  To spice things up, you could even have the NPCs respond to the takeover by rushing the newly obtained colony as a corporation.

I don't know jack about coding, so I don't know how possible these suggestions are.  But this forum DOES exist for a reason!

• KLUMPKLUMP Member Posts: 8

All great ideas, but what i want to see are NPCs with higher rank, like admiral and dark overlord. Would it be too scary if some of the NPCs carried nukes?

• AmanteAmante Member Posts: 12

I've never used nukes myself.. Too damn expensive, and until recently I didn't bother letting colonies build them for me.  The idea seems scary though, since NPCs don't have energy to worry about :p  They can fire forever, and if Dark Overlord Koocha Macheeko flying his Intergalactic (I actually saw an NPC in an IG today, so it DOES happen) decides to launch 8 nukes at once, well, most anyone would be damn lucky to survive that onslaught.

• IppsIpps Member Posts: 77

As for adding more NPCs, I think that's a good idea.  But I think that lower level NPC's should be near Sol and higher level NPCs should be located farther away (with extremely high level ones in the far reaches of the galaxy).  Near the other starbases the NPC's shouldn't be very tough, but tougher than the ones near Sol.

I also think that higher level NPCs could have missles and/or nukes, although for this to happen NPCs would need to have a finite amount of recharging energy, just like regular players.  These tougher NPCs would be very hard to kill, and for the very highest ranking ones killing them would be nearly impossible.  (That way very advanced players couldn't go around collecting tons of experience from them.)

As for NPC colonies, I think they would be basically the same as UN colonies, but people would just abuse them because there would be too many.  I like how it is now; finding a UN colony is a rare but pleasant surprise that you'll get from lots of searching.  NPC corporations as you described them sound cool though.