Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is SWG improving?

pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

What the...? I heard they actually nerfed Combat Medics and diseases so PvP is somehow fun agaiN! Is this true?

And are AT-ATs on live????: http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/player_screenshots/20040822.jpg

omg....

Is this game improving? Please tell me...:) Maybe it will worth it?

People seems to be happy about the jedi focus from dev is ending and the space expansion coming out?

is it true that JtL will have lots of deep quests with a meaning and stuff?

Since 9,3 patch went life has the game improved?:) please tell me..

-Pingo

Comments

• Narco28Narco28 Member Posts: 300
    who cares.

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

? I care mate:)

You think it has improved?:) I would love to hear your feedbackimage

• FrostFreiDenFrostFreiDen Member Posts: 132

Bonjour! I first purchased the game right at release and played for quite some time. Hell yeah man, i loved this game, but like yourself i magine, I soon became bored with it like i did all other Online games and decided to move on. It was a few months ago actually that i had reinstalled the game and got back into it.

It was kind of awkward getting back into the game when there were already so many people who were soo much more top-notch than me. Here i was a loley human wanting to be a bounty hunter. But low and behold after only about a month or so of getting back into it i had Teras Kasi Master completely decked out and I was rocking and rolling. I love it!!!

But there were some changes i noticed that got pretty annoying. As far as the game improving much, I think the server stability issues and what not seemed better and all. As far as the Nerfing of the medics and stuff, thats seems like a good move on their part. That was really annoying. Also, they have been keeping up with their monthly things and just a couple of months ago they had some cool mission for rebels, imperials and nuetrals to earn a KICK ASS SPEEDER that was really fast and looked sweet!

Another thing that was/is extremely annoying is being in town. I myself was more of the soloist and enjoyed staying as far away from the city as possible, but as we all know, someone you just HAVE to go into the city. Wether its enjoying your favorite drink at the local cantina or finding that individual to sell you that sweet ass speeder! Nonetheless, the most annoying part is having to hear the constant constant...constant...constant...constant...constant...constant.. ( annoying yet? ) ... SPAM... yeah.. you walk out of or come close to a starport at a big city and your going to be lagged and spammed and annoyed for the next 10 minutes while just trying to go into the SpacePort. It gets extremely annoying, but like i said, if you just stay out of the city, you should be ok.

Hope that helps anything.. I know how it is when you really love a game and just needed a break there inbetween and then when you get back into the game your expectations are really high and you end up getting out of the game again and again. So Yeah

"When i grow up, Im gonna be a Predator!"

"I fear no enemy! For the Khala is my strength! I fear not death. For our strength is eternal!" - Fenix

• akibaruakibaru Member Posts: 44

I started playing swg 3-4 weeks after release had some fun with it for 2weeks then i gave it up.  About feb this year i gave it another try and i found it more fun, but after 2 months i was tired like hell of it again. No content + lack of items. 2weeks ago i returned to check it out, thats about 4months after i left it, and i found almost nothing changed. Ok, they revamped jedi and made master bh use less skillpoints and they have added 1 major item, the bounty hunter armor. Ok i guess thats cool but seriosly that doesnt help me. And only one major item in 4 months is frankly not enough for me.

Gameplay was the same, soloing mission after missions with buffs that make you godmode-ish vs the mobs that give most efficient xp. The pvp was same with templae proffessions being easy as hell to fight with. (rifleman/cm, pistoleer/tka,smugler...) And almost all the hardcore players use templates so its not fun at all. Just to explain im not a whining hardcore noobie, i did fine in pvp but wasnt fun at all. Ran around with stun composit armor and sonic blaster, doing ranged kd then dizzying em and so on... with pistoleer/tka/smugler template. (after trying a lot of other proffs finding out that they were mentally challenged in pvp due to lack of knockdown etc..)

But i also tried playing more adventure-ish, that means not using the fattest gear, hunting without buffs, explore and kill what ever i met  and so on to check out if it would give me a better experience  of swg, but frankly it didnt. Swg is great for 2months then it gets boring because of lack of content, lack of new items that you are challenged to recieve and broken pvp.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Originally posted by pingo

What the...? I heard they actually nerfed Combat Medics and diseases so PvP is somehow fun agaiN! Is this true?
    And are AT-ATs on live????: http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/player_screenshots/20040822.jpg
    omg....
    Is this game improving? Please tell me...:) Maybe it will worth it?
    People seems to be happy about the jedi focus from dev is ending and the space expansion coming out?
    is it true that JtL will have lots of deep quests with a meaning and stuff?

Since 9,3 patch went life has the game improved?:) please tell me..
    -Pingo

Yes, PvP is better since those changes but not perfect.

No, AT-ATs are not live yet...as far as I know.  I believe they're still on TC.

Yes, the gaming is improving.

We'll see how the quests are for space when JTL launches.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225
    After coming back to SWG after 7 months away.. I'd have to say it's improved 10-fold, but has a bit to go before being a good RPG.  The amount of content they've added is tremendous, and there's lots of little improvements.. the fact that good loot in the game raises the experience considerably.  My major gripe is the huge reliance on buffs, the time it takes to get buffed (waiting in line for doc buffs, and waiting for dancer buffs.) and the fact that they vanish when you log for more than 15 minutes.  The developers of every game should strive for a game to be fun whether you're playing for 15 minutes, or for 15 hours.. unfortunately the way buffs currently work in SWG I'd say unless you have at least 2 hours straight to play you may as well not.  Just like EQ.

They really need the combat HAM system changes, killing yourself with attacks is just plain ridiculous, although the chef revamp has eliminated most of the problems with this, and the pikeman/smuggler/carbineer/ other borked classes revamped too, but if you play one of the non borked classes, ie. TKA, Rifleman, Swordsman, Doc, crafter... the game's gotten considerably better.

• xtobyxxtobyx Member Posts: 6

The AT-AT part is wrong the only time an AT-AT can be pulled out is in an ARENA other than that the game is getting better if you ever join come to the galaxy of shadowfire and look up Ocev Oli that is what i go by in the game hope to see you there

also the quest to becoming a jedi is almost apon us so be ready to see lots of newbie jedi

newbie jedi's=easy kills for pvp

• QuantumArtQuantumArt Member Posts: 32

Hi I'm QuantumArtist of www.multiplayerstrategies.com you may also have seen my work on www.megatomix.com.

SWG has a LONG way to go before it reaches its fullest potential. Its unfortunate that the developers saw fit to complete JTL before acheiving combat balance and finishing the games core storyline (the galactic civil war).

Personally, this game has only suffered because of poor game development and planning.

I'm hoping I can gather enough attention to my concepts to help them steer the game in the right direction. I'm considering a website to post these ideas on and gather support from across the SWG gamming community for my concepts.

All in all, we know that SWG could and should be great. Truth is, SOE has really messed things up!

QuantumArtist

Check out my site with computers build specifically for MMORPG players!

www.RPGpc.com

QuantumArtist