Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF this game had a Graphics update it would be perfect.

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I missed the boat when it comes to ShadowBane was playing other MMos at the time.

After trying it out recently all i can say is its one really good game.

If this game had a graphics update it would be popular I think.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

this is my mmor dream: shadowbane with improved graphics

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

Darkfall online guys it offers all the same game play shadowbane does, it's also has more advanced features and game play and alot better graphics.  I played SB for 3 years now I can't play it at all because DF just looks so much better its what shadowbane shoulda been imo.

www.darkfallonline.com

• CorulanCorulan Member Posts: 1

While initially I am inclined to agree with you, I have to stop and think:

Do I want a bunch of immature children flooding to this game's already over-populated (Ubisoft even announced its overpopulation) servers and be forced to put up with what kids generally do in mainstream games?

The answer, for me at least, is no.  I do not want that, not remotely.  So to me, Shadowbane's dull graphics are more of a boon, keeping out those who buy/try games that have fancier, more streamlined graphics.

The maturity level in Shadowbane is quite high compared to many other games of its kind and I honestly feel that a graphics overhaul that brought it to a popular level would damage that.  The natural learning curve, of course, is also a  great asset there, but is irrelevant to the topic.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by Camthylion

Darkfall online guys it offers all the same game play shadowbane does, it's also has more advanced features and game play and alot better graphics.  I played SB for 3 years now I can't play it at all because DF just looks so much better its what shadowbane shoulda been imo.
    www.darkfallonline.com

Darkfall has been in development almost as long, if not longer, than Shadowbane has been out.

With that in mind, it may be SB/AoC launch 2.0, riddled with bugs and other problems.  Its a small company that does not have the cash to do any major beta testing, if any beta testing at all.  I still hope they pull it off.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

darkfalls beta starts nov 10th this month it releases in euro late dec look for us launch in jan.

• bewickedbewicked Member Posts: 82

darkfalls beta starts nov 10th this month it releases in euro late dec look for us launch in jan.

been following this as well, I pray that I dont BETA this game. LOL

I would just hate to ruin the fun for me.

Currently Playing: AO and FE.

• HonkieHonkie Member Posts: 152

I agree with the OP in general, though a bit more than just a graphics update would do it.  Maybe make the zones worth a bit more to maintain control of?  Eh, doesn't matter.

SB was the single most influential game on me as far as MMOs go.  It's what I look for, and hopefully with improvements.  I'm going to give TCoS a shot next, I think they're really bringing something new to the table.  I'll just have to hint about keeps and sieges on their forums post-release.  I really love the no-stat gear too, just player skill.

The day I hear of SB2 I'll come running...but I doubt that day will ever come.  Project X by Stray Bullet is most likely as close as it'll ever come.  The original SB team is scattered across so many companies now, and it's next to impossible to get that quality of vision in MMO devs.

• EATtheDEADEATtheDEAD Member Posts: 207

whens beta for us? 6 days ago?

--------------------------------------
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The force shall free me.
    -the Sith code

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

A game does not get better when the graphics improve. So if it is not perfect now a graphical overhoal would not change it.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by Coman

A game does not get better when the graphics improve. So if it is not perfect now a graphical overhoal would not change it.

A graphical overhaul would help the game a lot if it fixed the crashing and other bugs the game currently has.  It would require a new engine.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• rageagainstrageagainst Member Posts: 618
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

www.darkfallonline.com

Darkfall has been in development almost as long, if not longer, than Shadowbane has been out.

With that in mind, it may be SB/AoC launch 2.0, riddled with bugs and other problems.  Its a small company that does not have the cash to do any major beta testing, if any beta testing at all.  I still hope they pull it off.

well thats just trolling. Though you're right, they don't have money for an open beta (they probably don't even have enough to have a launch where everyone is allowed to play) ... though you're trolling in respect to saying "they aren't beta testing" when they obviously are, and recently, according to leaks, ALOT more of testers got in. And most leaks say there are very few bugs and the client is solid, BUT they have yet to stress test the servers, so we'll see how it pans out with 10k+ people online.

And long dev times usually coorelate to making good games, so that's generally a bad thing to mention about Darkfall when you're trying to troll on it.

When I'm energetic I'm:

When I'm at default I'm:

WHITE/BLUE

Lol according to this I'm bipolar :O

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by rageagainst

www.darkfallonline.com

well thats just trolling. Though you're right, they don't have money for an open beta (they probably don't even have enough to have a launch where everyone is allowed to play) ... though you're trolling in respect to saying "they aren't beta testing" when they obviously are, and recently, according to leaks, ALOT more of testers got in. And most leaks say there are very few bugs and the client is solid, BUT they have yet to stress test the servers, so we'll see how it pans out with 10k+ people online.

And long dev times usually coorelate to making good games, so that's generally a bad thing to mention about Darkfall when you're trying to troll on it.

look who is trolling....pulling up a post over 2 months old saying he is trolling.....or is this the new viral marketing technique?

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by miagisan

www.darkfallonline.com

look who is trolling....pulling up a post over 2 months old saying he is trolling.....or is this the new viral marketing technique?

Atleast he cant get flamed back XD

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• rageagainstrageagainst Member Posts: 618
    Originally posted by sanders01

Originally posted by miagisan

www.darkfallonline.com

Atleast he cant get flamed back XD

oh didn't see how old the topic was, didn't realize how inactive this forum (hence things on the 1st page are several months old), came from the DF forums :P.

When I'm energetic I'm:

When I'm at default I'm:

WHITE/BLUE

Lol according to this I'm bipolar :O