Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ironic

gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

I played this game when it launched and it was awful in those days, it ran like a pig, but it was stuffed with people.

SInce then, Sony have gone in and cleaned the thing up tremendously, it runs properly now and looks great, yet it's utterly deserted.

I think there are a good few higher level players, but I played to lvl 10 before I met another player on Xeth, which I think is supposed to be one of the busier servers. Even yet, (I'm now lvl 12), the number of other players I have encountered is in single figures.

It's such a pity because for the first time in its life, the game has something to offer.

Sony has taken a first step towards countering the negative publicity and getting the word of the new-look game out there by offering free re-subs, but a lot more has to be done to convince people that Vanguard has a future.

It's very hard to play now because you can't get groups for low level instances. I stood at Khegor's End for 20 minutes the other night looking for help, but found nobody. Yet, a couple of years ago when the game didn't work, the place was thronged. Ironic.

It's a lesson in why, ultimately, it's bad to rush a game out before it works. You'll get most interest in a game in its first few weeks and if it's rubbish, people will leave - and that's the abiding image that they'll take with them. It's very hard to counter that in the future, even if you fix what was wrong.

Comments

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

I havn't reached mainland yet, but the Isle of Dawn is pretty packed with people (at least on Seradon). 

But I agree, VG finally seem 'ready' and, hence, it's time for Sony to step up marketing. Meanwhile, I try to decieve my friends to play... 

When in doubt, troll.

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

The problem is you are playing on the PVP server who is, sadly for folks who are into that, really REALLY (apparently) low on numbers.

I play on Seradon and last night near the Qua riverbank there was like about 15 people if not more around me. Heck even the regional chat was quite busy! I see lots of folks asking for folks for groups, To be honest i havent grouped yet but soon i will and i am sure i wont have problem finding them. The crowd is refreshingly mature!

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547
    Originally posted by senadin

The problem is you are playing on the PVP server who is, sadly for folks who are into that, really REALLY (apparently) low on numbers.

I play on Seradon and last night near the Qua riverbank there was like about 15 people if not more around me. Heck even the regional chat was quite busy! I see lots of folks asking for folks for groups, To be honest i havent grouped yet but soon i will and i am sure i wont have problem finding them. The crowd is refreshingly mature!

Strangely he's playing on Xeth ?Not Sartok the pvp server

Everyone I know on Xeth  says the population is good ...I play on Halgar and the population is fine...I never battle to find a group but I do have over 60 friends in my group list.Op have you tried using regionchat to find groups ?

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Thanks for your comments all.

Aye, tried region chat but had not takers. There does seem to be quite a buzz on chat sometimes, but I'm thinking it must be high level players. I really am not seeing lower levels in my area.

Ah well - soldier on and see how it goes...

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

there are like 5000 starter areas besides the IOD the other  dozen lowbies are probably in one of those chunks

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

A lot depends on where you start.  Now days I think most low lvl people are starting on the island cause it is new and exciting.  If you are starting in any of the other starting areas you are gonna probably not see many people.  VG has a lot of low level area which people tend ot progress through pretty quickly.  Most of the low level areas are solo oriented until lvl 13-15 or so.  At that point you will start to see some grouping and with the rifts people will be able to get together.  Thestra and Qalia will probably have the most chatter and most people.  Mainly due to Kojan being smaller and not having much past lvl 25 or so.

Once you get into the mainstream you should see more people in places like Tursh, Kahl, Southwatch etc.

---
    Ethion

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Thanks Ethion, that's helpful. I did start with an existing char when perhaps, I should have created a new one on the island...