Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to fix the low FPS QNA

Any else got problems with low fps, any got tweakguide, alternative settings, GF options ect ect, post here

It is hard to tell if a man is telling the truth when you know you would lie if you were in his place

Comments

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

Are you using the beta client and if you are try installing from the CD. For me running in windowed mode helped some also try using the custom settings in the game options for graphics. I sometimes have this problem in scenarios when I play for a long period of time and a simple relog will help it. Could be a memory leak not sure though that I need to relog. Hope this helps ya.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477
    Originally posted by smek1975

Any else got problems with low fps, any got tweakguide, alternative settings, GF options ect ect, post here

How about starting with listing your system specs, the problem may very well be your system.

Please don't list uber parts like alot of people claim to have unless it is the truth, we cannot help you if you don't tell the truth. I love the threads were people have tons of problems on PC's that they list that NASA would be drooling over.

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

Turn off Grass. I got a 15fps boost from doing just that

• smek1975smek1975 Member UncommonPosts: 73

hello again

mig rig is as follows

Intel duelcore2 1,86 ghz

4 giga ram windows xp pro

Gerforce 8800GS 3XX mb

brand new soundcard soundblaster XFI

for the moment i manage but im thinking about buying the 9800gtx+

all my settings is low, and its like its slideshow fps, other games work well but it seem to WAR drops alot of FPS, tryed to manual set my anti allias ect ect but really dont have a clue what im doing...

Sincerly Smek75

It is hard to tell if a man is telling the truth when you know you would lie if you were in his place

• Moogleboy13Moogleboy13 Member Posts: 147

After I've been playing awhile and the FPS begins to drop quite a bit, if I alt-tab out then alt-tab back in the game seems to run a bit smoother.  Other than that, I have my settings put on Fastest Framerate which works best for me.

Edit: Ohh, and what OS are you using?  I've noticed Vista seems to have a bit more trouble than XP.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

XiFi seems to have issues with many games.

It might be that, cause i have an 8800gt 512, AMD4200+, 2gigs ram, and i can force aa and af and max everything and it runs so smooth.

You can try a couple of things, upgrade your xifi card drivers, or to really see howm uch of a hit you are getting with it, try disabling sound.

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

hello again
    mig rig is as follows
    Intel duelcore2 1,86 ghz
    Gerforce 8800GS 3XX mb
    all my settings is low, and its like its slideshow fps, other games work well but it seem to WAR drops alot of FPS, tryed to manual set my anti allias ect ect but really dont have a clue what im doing...
    Sincerly Smek75

hmm. Mine is..

3ghz P4

4gigs ram

Geforce 7950 512

SB LiVE!

I play with all settings on MAX exceopt grass and shadows off with AA and AF forced on and I get perfectly fine performance, no slideshow at all. Something must be up with your system friend. Have you tried a reinstall or updated drivers and such? nvidia just released new drivers a coupe a days ago

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

hello again
    mig rig is as follows
    Intel duelcore2 1,86 ghz
    Gerforce 8800GS 3XX mb
    Sincerly Smek75

Actually looking at you specs your CPU looks kinda low this game is very inensive on CPU's so I would reccomend a 2.5g or higher CPU. If ya can afford to upgrade I would reccomend it. I am using an 8800 as well so dont think that is the problem.

Edit- I know its a dual core but would try a CPU upgrade if ya can.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by jblah

hello again
    mig rig is as follows
    Intel duelcore2 1,86 ghz
    Gerforce 8800GS 3XX mb
    Sincerly Smek75

Actually looking at you specs your CPU looks kinda low this game is very inensive on CPU's so I would reccomend a 2.5g or higher CPU. If ya can afford to upgrade I would reccomend it. I am using an 8800 as well so dont think that is the problem.

Edit- I know its a dual core but would try a CPU upgrade if ya can.

the cpu is fine...nothing wrong with the cpu.

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477

hello again
    mig rig is as follows
    Intel duelcore2 1,86 ghz
    Gerforce 8800GS 3XX mb
    Sincerly Smek75

I only played during the beta as it didn't interest me enough to buy the game. However My system is close to yours

Intel DualCore 1.86 ghz

4 gigs ram (vista home premium)

Geforce 8800GT 512mb

I have onboard 7.1 sound by SigmaTel.

I was getting 50 to 70 fps playing in the beta. I of course turned off AA as I have never really seen the need for it. Try disabling AA completely and seeing if your FPS doesn't increase. Bloom is another setting that will eat up FPS and isn't necessary at all.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Ok, tweak tip:

First of all, most computers have a lot of junk that slows their systems.

1. Optimize your windows. Get rid of things like effects. Is much on this subject on the net, too long to write it all down. ´Clean the register (Easycleaner fixes this easy for you, see link below).

2. Get rid of junk programs in the background... Got Winamp agent or yahoo toolbar? All junk programs in the background steals resources. Easycleaner have a simple function to show you every program that starts up. Take away all junk you don't need.

3. Get rid of spyware. They can mess up your computer.

4. Get latest drivers.

5. Defragg your harddrive, always have 10% free.

Try these advice, it should at least speed up your computer a bit, depending on how much junk you have on it. Everything is free and easy (except optimize Windows, turning of the effects are easy but to really have it running good takes a lot of work). And these advice are good for all games, not just WAR.

Good luck :)

Reccomended free programs: personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

• NintendudeNintendude Member Posts: 33

The game is very poorly optimized.

I really hope they sort this out soons and come out with some magical patches or else I won't subcribe.

edit: To the guy above me. I did all those things aswell as upgrading memory and gfx card and psu.

Also did a clean windows instal even though i didnt have any spyware to beging with.

• smek1975smek1975 Member UncommonPosts: 73

ok i will try all this things, i will come back to you guys soon.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Or you can go here and see what they have suggest: www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php

Personally i have try everything, since HS till now, they have said and more for both my pc nad war related twinks but to no avail.

Have already cancel my account and will only comes back after they solve this problem.

Spec:

Amd 3700

2gig ram

Geforce 9600gt

win xp sp3

RIP Orc Choppa

Originally posted by Nintendude

The game is very poorly optimized.
    I really hope they sort this out soons and come out with some magical patches or else I won't subcribe.
    edit: To the guy above me. I did all those things aswell as upgrading memory and gfx card and psu.
    Also did a clean windows instal even though i didnt have any spyware to beging with.

Well, we can't really do much to the client but we can at least see that it is no problem on your end.

Most computers run slower than they should and that really affects games and everything else you do on with it.

There is a few additional things you could do to get better perfomnce from it also, and I am talking hardware clocking here. That will make your computer a lot faster but you have to be very careful then.

Here is a guide on how to get more out of your GFX card but read it very closely, particulary the bit about heat before considering it: www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/141/1

It still might not help you that much but you can usualy speed your GFX cards performance 10% without a problem as long as it have a fan. You could also clock Your CPU if it is quite cool before but the GFX usually do more.

If you done the 5 advices I did before and hotted up your hardware and still have problems with lagg I have nothing more I can help with to get the game flowing, just the advice to tweak the settings in the game... Or tip you to buy new hardware or wait until Mythic opt the game.

Good luck with it anyways guys

This fix can be helpful to get the FPS up too: www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

What kind of ram do you guys have. 2gb or 4gb isnt saying much.  Also WAR is rough on ram and CPU. I can OC my ram and other games will run fine but  WAR will push it till it pops.

Is anything OCed? What does your bios say (doesnt matter what you think you put in ur comp)?  Also raising the FSB (for me) Makes WAR act real chaotic. Players will warp and disapear and ill lag like theres no tomorrow.

Also how many sticks do you have and How many channels does ur mobo have. (Channels and ram slots are two different things).

Another important part that many gamers forget to upgrade is Power supply. Does it meet and exceed what your rig needs(not just overall Watts but individual power ratings.) Alot of Power supplys suck.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Its bad coding guys.

Lots of people with high end computers have low performance with the game.

They need to fix things you can only wait.

Then why do low end comps have good performance? The sad truth is most gamers think CPU,RAM and Vid card are the only important things in a comp. 

Theres alot more going on in a computer.  Its funny how us broke tech guys never have as much problems as the rich high end computer owners. And I doubt there realy high end more like expensive junk.

Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

Then why do low end comps have good performance? The sad truth is most gamers think CPU,RAM and Vid card are the only important things in a comp. 
    Theres alot more going on in a computer.  Its funny how us broke tech guys never have as much problems as the rich high end computer owners. And I doubt there realy high end more like expensive junk.

Heh, yeah the power supply is important too, the newer GFX cards use a lot of power. My corsair 750W can't handle all 5 of my harddrives together with my 280 GTX card, lol.

But store made computers usually save money on things like mother boards and power supplies and that's never a good idea. Had many bad experiences fixing friends store bought computers, a computer built from parts that someone good on hardware put together always works best (ok, the hard thing is to select the ggod parts, put it together is the easy part usually).

But I think that the performance is also because the computers are often filled with junk.

But the game probably still have some issues with certain hardware, the older stuff have been out since years while newer stuff is , well new. Also Radeon cards do often need a bit of tweaking to work good.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

Heh, yeah the power supply is important too, the newer GFX cards use a lot of power. My corsair 750W can't handle all 5 of my harddrives together with my 280 GTX card, lol.

But store made computers usually save money on things like mother boards and power supplies and that's never a good idea. Had many bad experiences fixing friends store bought computers, a computer built from parts that someone good on hardware put together always works best (ok, the hard thing is to select the ggod parts, put it together is the easy part usually).

But I think that the performance is also because the computers are often filled with junk.

But the game probably still have some issues with certain hardware, the older stuff have been out since years while newer stuff is , well new. Also Radeon cards do often need a bit of tweaking to work good.

Actually on the Radeon card issue, more people have been having issues with the newer Nvidia cards than Radeons...

Mythic are looking into it, but Radeons seem ok,while the newer Nvidias have issues

imageimage

Been hearing alot that nvidia has been sliping when it comes to there drivers.

Ive been defraging alot and that helps. If you havnt defraged since launch that will help.

I only have 1.5gb of ram running at 266 (dinosaur i know) waiting on a dual channel kit. Getn rid of the .5(the 1 gig is 333 that I can oc to 400 and be stable) Ill have 3 gigs all together at 400(still dinosaur but its a step up). Saving up cause Im going to redo my whole system Case and all. ( except my vid card thats still current).

Game runs okay but when I hit tier 4 mid tier 3  All those different armor sets and trophys just kill my system.

There are some small leaks in the software though (I use that ram booster program at low settings to fix it).

I also notice the game is real touchy with ram. I can run most games stable with my ram oced but with WAR ill get random  crashes.