Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want in Guild Wars 2? Discuss and fill in the Poll here!

robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368

What do you want to see in Guild Wars 2? Discuss and fill in the Poll here!

«1

Comments

  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

    Surprisingly it seems people really do want an Auction House more than anything else from the poll results so far. I'm with them.

  • susanto1228susanto1228 Member Posts: 203

    man you need to fix this poll, ive been playing GW since day 1, and have the expansion, factions, and nightfall, and can tell you, that GW needs these things and more, DO you know how much time Players spend just spamming, I probably spent thousands of hours trying to sell stuff when I could of spent them actually playing the game...YES! we do need an Aucion house, just go into Lions Arch and Ask anyone in there if they would rather have an auction house and you will find your answer;

    This game needs a multitude of things (GW2)

     

    Mounts

    crafting system

    better combat

    more controls over your Character

    no Instancing ie persistent world

    more dungeons and lairs

    The skill system is great, ive already written other posts about GW so i'm not gonna repeat everything, but yes GW needs an auction house, BIG time!!

  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

    What's wrong with the poll? I think it's quite a good representative of random features that people may want implemented.



    and with an ounce of research you would know that Guild Wars 2 will have a persistent world.

  • robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by Lydon


    Surprisingly it seems people really do want an Auction House more than anything else from the poll results so far. I'm with them.

     

    Auction houses will be cool :P No scammers cause there are say 4 voltaic spears in ah with prices, no chat spams etc :P

  • robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by susanto1228


    man you need to fix this poll, ive been playing GW since day 1, and have the expansion, factions, and nightfall, and can tell you, that GW needs these things and more, DO you know how much time Players spend just spamming, I probably spent thousands of hours trying to sell stuff when I could of spent them actually playing the game...YES! we do need an Aucion house, just go into Lions Arch and Ask anyone in there if they would rather have an auction house and you will find your answer;
    This game needs a multitude of things (GW2)
     
    Mounts
    crafting system
    better combat
    more controls over your Character
    no Instancing ie persistent world
    more dungeons and lairs
    The skill system is great, ive already written other posts about GW so i'm not gonna repeat everything, but yes GW needs an auction house, BIG time!!

    Almost everythng of that is in list already or confirmed :P

  • Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by robby5403

    Originally posted by Lydon


    Surprisingly it seems people really do want an Auction House more than anything else from the poll results so far. I'm with them.

     

    Auction houses will be cool :P No scammers cause there are say 4 voltaic spears in ah with prices, no chat spams etc :P

     

    unfortunately you still get scammers, but yeah, I love AH's in games, my inner businessman gets all excited

    imageimage

  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

    Originally posted by robby5403

    Originally posted by Lydon


    Surprisingly it seems people really do want an Auction House more than anything else from the poll results so far. I'm with them.

     

    Auction houses will be cool :P No scammers cause there are say 4 voltaic spears in ah with prices, no chat spams etc :P

     

    unfortunately you still get scammers, but yeah, I love AH's in games, my inner businessman gets all excited

    There's nothing like dominating the cloth market in WoW by buying out everything and selling it at a much higher price 

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

    While the major part of the options indeed are good you still lack the absolutely most important one: a well balanced game. Auction houses, smarter companions and mounts may all be nice additions but in game with a heavy focus on build creation that got a horrible balance they're all unnecessary. Should the game instead lack mounts, smarter companions and auction houses but have a terrificly well done balancing it will be a pretty much instant success. I do want to see an auction house since I nowadays just merch everything I get since I can't be bothered to stand in Spammadan and try to get them sold. The other options, with the exception of higher level and armor looting, are all ones I would definitely want to see - especially smarter companions, but how they're gonna make people become good I do not know.

    However I doubt that terricicly well done balancing won't be one of the features in GW2. Unless they actually force Izzy to play Guild Wars 2 or just fire him and get some proper guy I believe we'll continue to see the current "balance"...

    image

    image

  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Godliest


    While the major part of the options indeed are good you still lack the absolutely most important one: a well balanced game. Auction houses, smarter companions and mounts may all be nice additions but in game with a heavy focus on build creation that got a horrible balance they're all unnecessary. Should the game instead lack mounts, smarter companions and auction houses but have a terrificly well done balancing it will be a pretty much instant success. I do want to see an auction house since I nowadays just merch everything I get since I can't be bothered to stand in Spammadan and try to get them sold. The other options, with the exception of higher level and armor looting, are all ones I would definitely want to see - especially smarter companions, but how they're gonna make people become good I do not know.
    However I doubt that terricicly well done balancing won't be one of the features in GW2. Unless they actually force Izzy to play Guild Wars 2 or just fire him and get some proper guy I believe we'll continue to see the current "balance"...

    I don't think it needs to be on the poll because that's rather obvious. They're aiming for a well-balanced game. That's more of a mechanic than a feature. Something such as an auction house isn't completely necessarily, but will be damnwell awesome in the long run. A well-balanced game is a necessity otherwise people won't purchase it. Guild Wars has has times of good balance and bad balance - the latter being present time. Though it's been far worse, it has been far better too.

  • SalmonellaSalmonella Member Posts: 12

    I want to see better PVE action, and better item systems. Even though people may disagree, I think that items should be a large part of the game. I think they can improve the item system a lot. Of course, better graphics and more classes are probably a given.

  • Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Salmonella


    I want to see better PVE action, and better item systems. Even though people may disagree, I think that items should be a large part of the game. I think they can improve the item system a lot. Of course, better graphics and more classes are probably a given.

     

    and destroy the whole ethos that Guild wars 1 had about skill over items and time spent?   nah

    imageimage

  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

    I want all of those things but what I really wanted is that new system to create an open world instead of the old instanced on, the one Jeff Strain told us about on the official forum a year ago.

    I will buy this game, really. First one is the only online game I never seen a bugg in. Don't play it at the moment but I played it for a year and didn't see a single bugg. No other dev can do that. It had total 30 minutes downtime in that year. :D

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486


    Originally posted by Lydon
    I don't think it needs to be on the poll because that's rather obvious. They're aiming for a well-balanced game. That's more of a mechanic than a feature. Something such as an auction house isn't completely necessarily, but will be damnwell awesome in the long run. A well-balanced game is a necessity otherwise people won't purchase it. Guild Wars has has times of good balance and bad balance - the latter being present time. Though it's been far worse, it has been far better too.

    Put it like this: Guild Wars 2 is being created now and, as far as I know, the same balancer that works on GW2 is "balancing" GW. And if that's the case then there won't be no balance in GW.

    image

    image

  • ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373

    I can understand that coding and maintaining an entire AH system is what ArenaNET wish to avoid. But a simple Merchant TENT system found in most Asian F2P MMOs can easily be implemented - and even perhaps inside an instanced MERCHANT zone to avoid clutter. A "search" system would be beneficial for all active tents as well.

    Perhaps ArenaNET should consider SELLING the ability to have a Merchant TENT by charging say $4.99 for a tent?? I know I would pay.

     

    edit: I am referring to FIXING the current GW1, not referring to GW2 above. We need GW1 fixed as well.

  • voltman135voltman135 Member Posts: 9

    Well,as far as what new features I would like to see, they would include an auction house, mail system, multiple races (I know we are getting that,just thought I'd mention it) But the one thing that the game really needs is more character progression. This could include a higher level cap and more end-game content as well as more gear/weapon opttions at those higher levels.

    If many of these features were to be included in the new game, along with less instanced content one might start to believe that GW is becoming more of cookie cutter MMO that is pretty much like all the rest.

    That is why, although what many people want,including myself, is new features, I believe what is truely important is that the new game retains some of the existing features that make GW unique.Some important features that I would like to see are.

    1. dual class system

    2. limited skill bar

    3.map travel

    4.fast, easy and free respecs(like we have now)

    5. great graphics (like we have now)

    6. elite skills which MUST be capped

    7. great mini map (red dots,aggro circle and u can draw on it!)

    8. Free to Play....Duh!

    If they keep most of these features, which I think are what define the GW game, and add a few new ones along with improved character progression and end game content I think that GW2 has the potential to be the best MMO ever.

  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Godliest


    Put it like this: Guild Wars 2 is being created now and, as far as I know, the same balancer that works on GW2 is "balancing" GW. And if that's the case then there won't be no balance in GW.

    You mean there won't be balance in GW2?



    There's no way we can judge that fact now. ArenaNet have said that Guild Wars 2 will have different and fewer skills, allowing them to balance the game better. Without knowing vital elements of the game (such as the fact that they could increase character health by a factor of 10 to put it around 4000, but also increase all damages - essentially creating a more "accurate" damage system)  and what skills are present we simply can't say.



    Also, I doubt a single person has sole control over the balance of the game. There is a group of in-house playtesters who test out changes before they go live to see if they're overpowered etc.

  • almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

    I went AH as well.  All I know is I want this game bad. I will most likely finally be a true Fanboy of a game :P

    -Almerel

    Hello my old friend.

  • sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    Originally posted by susanto1228


    man you need to fix this poll, ive been playing GW since day 1, and have the expansion, factions, and nightfall, and can tell you, that GW needs these things and more, DO you know how much time Players spend just spamming, I probably spent thousands of hours trying to sell stuff when I could of spent them actually playing the game...YES! we do need an Aucion house, just go into Lions Arch and Ask anyone in there if they would rather have an auction house and you will find your answer;
    This game needs a multitude of things (GW2)
     
    Mounts
    crafting system
    better combat
    more controls over your Character
    no Instancing ie persistent world
    more dungeons and lairs
    The skill system is great, ive already written other posts about GW so i'm not gonna repeat everything, but yes GW needs an auction house, BIG time!!

    persistant world setting will be there but quests still will be instanced

     

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486


    Originally posted by Lydon
    You mean there won't be balance in GW2?


    There's no way we can judge that fact now. ArenaNet have said that Guild Wars 2 will have different and fewer skills, allowing them to balance the game better. Without knowing vital elements of the game (such as the fact that they could increase character health by a factor of 10 to put it around 4000, but also increase all damages - essentially creating a more "accurate" damage system)  and what skills are present we simply can't say.


    Also, I doubt a single person has sole control over the balance of the game. There is a group of in-house playtesters who test out changes before they go live to see if they're overpowered etc.


    Regardless of the amount of balancers if the same ones that are working on GW1 as GW2 then I've lost my hope. As I see it there may be a lot of skills in the game, but only one tenth of them are actually worthy to use the other ninth is horrible. I hope that GW2 will have good balance, but all evidence suggests the opposite.

    image

    image

  • Knockers456Knockers456 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by sassoonss

    Originally posted by susanto1228


    man you need to fix this poll, ive been playing GW since day 1, and have the expansion, factions, and nightfall, and can tell you, that GW needs these things and more, DO you know how much time Players spend just spamming, I probably spent thousands of hours trying to sell stuff when I could of spent them actually playing the game...YES! we do need an Aucion house, just go into Lions Arch and Ask anyone in there if they would rather have an auction house and you will find your answer;
    This game needs a multitude of things (GW2)
     
    Mounts
    crafting system
    better combat
    more controls over your Character
    no Instancing ie persistent world
    more dungeons and lairs
    The skill system is great, ive already written other posts about GW so i'm not gonna repeat everything, but yes GW needs an auction house, BIG time!!

    persistant world setting will be there but quests still will be instanced

     

    It seems like you really want arena net to make their game more like a world of warcraft...i mean that would be great for them to add all these things you want..The movement of the game is very irriating and people complain for other games about grinding and repetiton. A-Net really needs to raise the level cap 20 is WAY to low...

    But once again it think all your suggestions are pretty nice

  • Knockers456Knockers456 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by ssnautilus


    I can understand that coding and maintaining an entire AH system is what ArenaNET wish to avoid. But a simple Merchant TENT system found in most Asian F2P MMOs can easily be implemented - and even perhaps inside an instanced MERCHANT zone to avoid clutter. A "search" system would be beneficial for all active tents as well.
    Perhaps ArenaNET should consider SELLING the ability to have a Merchant TENT by charging say $4.99 for a tent?? I know I would pay.
     
    edit: I am referring to FIXING the current GW1, not referring to GW2 above. We need GW1 fixed as well.

    i like your suggestion, but i don't understand the $4.99 thing

  • ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

    less of an influence of warcraft and warhammer and more of conan.

  • sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    Originally posted by Knockers456

    Originally posted by sassoonss

    Originally posted by susanto1228


    man you need to fix this poll, ive been playing GW since day 1, and have the expansion, factions, and nightfall, and can tell you, that GW needs these things and more, DO you know how much time Players spend just spamming, I probably spent thousands of hours trying to sell stuff when I could of spent them actually playing the game...YES! we do need an Aucion house, just go into Lions Arch and Ask anyone in there if they would rather have an auction house and you will find your answer;
    This game needs a multitude of things (GW2)
     
    Mounts
    crafting system
    better combat
    more controls over your Character
    no Instancing ie persistent world
    more dungeons and lairs
    The skill system is great, ive already written other posts about GW so i'm not gonna repeat everything, but yes GW needs an auction house, BIG time!!

    persistant world setting will be there but quests still will be instanced

     

    It seems like you really want arena net to make their game more like a world of warcraft...i mean that would be great for them to add all these things you want..The movement of the game is very irriating and people complain for other games about grinding and repetiton. A-Net really needs to raise the level cap 20 is WAY to low...

    But once again it think all your suggestions are pretty nice

    GW2 will be removing click tomove mouse pointer and replaced by z axis

    Lvl cap will be raised they said or perhaps three will be no cap at all .I hope the game remains skills oriented rather than cap oriented

     

    Auction houses are needed and I think it will make it in GW2 too important of a feature requested by players for so long that cannot be ignored

     

  • kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Knockers456

    Originally posted by ssnautilus


    I can understand that coding and maintaining an entire AH system is what ArenaNET wish to avoid. But a simple Merchant TENT system found in most Asian F2P MMOs can easily be implemented - and even perhaps inside an instanced MERCHANT zone to avoid clutter. A "search" system would be beneficial for all active tents as well.
    Perhaps ArenaNET should consider SELLING the ability to have a Merchant TENT by charging say $4.99 for a tent?? I know I would pay.
     
    edit: I am referring to FIXING the current GW1, not referring to GW2 above. We need GW1 fixed as well.

    i like your suggestion, but i don't understand the $4.99 thing

     

    Anet would never use real money like that. But the Merchant tent per person is nice. This would def. have to be an instanced area. Using gold to buy it than gold to keep up with maintenance, kinda like in SWG.

    image
    image
    image

  • khmergotricekhmergotrice Member Posts: 16

    What about a good pet system, instead of just being somthing to ride on, why not help me kill.  The pets should be as customizable as heroes with their own seperate skills. I did not like how you had to be a ranger to get a pet.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.