Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excellent Game if you have the time

ShilandryShilandry Member Posts: 17

Battleships, Aircraft, submarines

Command and customise them all

This is a new type of MMO

Takes a while between game sessions

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Its not a new type of mmo.  I have been playing it since 2004.  It also shares alot in common with Blitz1942.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

There's a lot of good things to be said about the game.  I know many gamers are graphics junkies (and in part I am) but from a tactical and playability standpoint this game is a whole lot of addictive fun.  The concept is simple but the intricacies are not only there but fairly true to form to history.  After playing the game for a weekend, I managed to have a rather civil discussion about WWII naval history with a co-worker of mine who hasn't played it.  It's a great free to play game, is a change of pace from the dime-a-dozen epic quests game, and is built for those who like to have the option to either play a 20 minute battle or play all day.  History buffs and tacticians, this is your game. 

Upgraded to Gold membership over the weekend, this is what I recommend doing for the original poster.  If I had days upon days I would just play free-to-play but the 4.99 Euros ( ~ $6.30 US ) is rather inexpensive to get more experience and credits to the more casual player.  

Well, my one month of Gold membership just ran out.  The good news is it got me exactly what I wanted, which was an upgraded destroyer.  Beyond that I'd gotten another destroyer upgrade which I like even more.  I didn't play often, only a few hours a week.  I'm happy with my DDX Project destroyer and will be playing with the ship for quite a while.

BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!

• siftifiedsiftified Member Posts: 258

Looks sweet! I'm definately going to give this one a go!

Originally posted by siftified

Looks sweet! I'm definately going to give this one a go!

Well, the picture isn't from the game (unfortunately), it was the only thing close to DDX I could find, but the gameplay is addictively fun.  I HOPE that they're able to upgrade the graphics in the future though.  Here's a screenshot from this site:

The community is pretty solid, everything from history fans to laid-back gamers.  All-in-all, they 'get it' when it comes to teamwork and PvP fleet battles, yet forgiving towards new players.

• angus725angus725 Member Posts: 8

that image is actually a modifyed image from 2005, when the game was in beta, as u see the chinese flag is republic of MAO, which is an old fleet from AZ server(NFNA), also note the M-pro in that picture, the sprite is the old M pro sprite, which ment this screenshot was a very old one.

Good eyes, I haven't played enough to know all those details.  The graphics seemed unchanged though.  If they did do a major graphics overall, I would move it from the "very good" to "awesome!" catagory rather quickly not because I'm a graphics-monger, but because it's the only thing I can see the game lacking.

• happygamerhappygamer Member Posts: 5

It looks cool. But do guys think that it could be a game that I  can play for a long time? Like when you play it for about a month and so on does it get boring? I'm looking for a game that I could play for years.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

The RPG elements of this game include sailors that you need to level to crew your ship.

You need a mix of a bridge operator, repairers, gunners, and engineers.  Upgrading to a bigger ship simply requires the right level of BO and Gunners to use the ship.  To get the highest level battleship will require maybe 2 months of hardcore play, 4-6 months of casual play.

The majority of this game is skill based and not click based like other mmos.  Your time will be spent managing a scout for sight range and adjust gun angles while avoiding torpedoes and gun ranges of other ships.  Mastering your ship's aim and remembering gun angles can take quite a while.  This is the first game that I've had to relearn how to use my keyboard in a different way.

With that said, smaller battleships in the hands of a professional can easily wreak havoc and win a match.  The game is fully pvp...which means that leveling is pvp only.  Pvp is completely friendly with mean trash talk extremely frowned upon.  You should not get aggravated when you die...since at least 75% of the ships in every match usually die anyways.

With that said...yes, it will keep you interested.  Most players stay interested years after they started playing.  The occasional players that may lose interest usually do so after at least a year or so playing at minimum.

• mach789mach789 Member UncommonPosts: 131

I played the game a while ago and while it is pretty fun to start off with, I found myself at a huge disadvantage to the more established players. The gameplay is repetitive as well...move around an 80x80 box of an ocean trying to kill the other team. And I couldn't find an option to change video settings from a 640x480 resolution to a higher one...

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

The game suffers from lack of a guide.  Most players just have to surf the forums for info, learn on their own, or piece together the few player-made guides out there.  F11 enables zoom which allows you to zoom out with the use of your mouse scroll button.

I stopped playing for one main reason:  They are developing Navyfield 2 which has already made considerable progress.  The new game is 3D and your account is non-transferrable...so there's not much motivation for me to play the current version.

• angus725angus725 Member Posts: 8

www.nf-guides.com is your friend.

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Great game to just play now and again. You feel like garbage when you start playing again after a break. However, its always a load of fun, especially when you get a new ship.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.