Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like WOW is still the one.

Comments

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by Jolo

Originally posted by Deadm0ney4u

Will there ever be another MMO that is as good as WOW ?

There is one already, WAR, but thats just my opinion.

Yep and you are being suppported by less and less people every day.

I would just stop playing MMORPG's if War would ever be the standard to judge quality.

But I won't have to.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I'm hoping Aion could challenge WoW. I confess I haven't heard much of it, but what I've heard sounds very promising. I'm also looking forward to Bioware's next MMO project, whatever it is Bioware's single player RPGs are the best there is so I'm hoping they could also create a good multiplayer RPG.

But it's only a hope,I think there's a big chance that the first game to beat WoW will be Blizzards unnamed MMO project.

• pileopooppileopoop Member Posts: 91

You can't kill a big mmo, I have no fucking idea how you believe the people who say an mmo is going to even cripple wow. Not even Blizzards next MMO will impact WoW.

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177

Blizzard really spoiled me with WoW, I'll admit. Animations are top notch, character movement isn't choppy, attack animations while casting makes sense.  Blizzard didn't go into making this game trying to come out on top, hell they had no idea that they were going to have this many subs. Now other companies are trying to be sucessful as blizzard and releasing garbage that plays and feels like WoW, no feeling what so ever, just a WoW clone with some "Ideas" attached to it.  And last, this is Blizzard, known for polish and great games, I honestly don't care if they copied lore, ideas, artwork from other companies.  If they do it right then they get my cash, no question.  Worrying about who copied who is stupid, childish and pointless.  To me it boils down to who does it better and right now It's Blizzard.

I'm sorry if I came off to strong....

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

• angelsfangangelsfang Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by pileopoop

You can't kill a big mmo, I have no fucking idea how you believe the people who say an mmo is going to even cripple wow. Not even Blizzards next MMO will impact WoW.

Are you  born in the 90's or something?  That's what they said about Diablo, and Windows 95.

• ThearixThearix Member Posts: 26

I am obviously the only one who don't give a shit which MMO is "the one".

I don't want no god damn "THE ONE" MMORPG. I want SEVERAL MMORPG's that I can play for diversity. Why can't you god damn fanbois start accepting that some people LIKE playing more than ONE damn game?

WoW , WAR , AoC , CoV/CoH , LOTRO , EQ , EQ2 , whatever friggin game there is. I want diversity to play them all. That is my damn choice, and I don't see why you tards gotta pester every damn forum and game that exist just because YOU don't like it. Go play the game you like and stop trying to proclaim how wonderful the game YOU like is doing. I don't care and honestly I think there are others who share my view and don't care if YOU believe WoW is "the one".

Why is the mentality of MMORPG.com forum users that they have to be at war non-stop with the MMO's they dislike personally. Is that all you simple-minded freaks have intelligence to spend your time on? Bashing games you don't even play and definently shouldn't care about since you don't like it?

Why do I post on WoW's forum? Cause this post is just another example of the utter crap that is spilled on this forum by fanbois.

Oh and have a nice day...

• craynloncraynlon Member Posts: 255

man this is getting tiresome

wow wont die immidietly because theres a new game launch.

wow will die slowly on its own poison

a few 100k subscribers to conan, a few more to war, to aion, to spellborne....

of course there will be the hardcore wow players even in 4 years from now when the engine will be 8 years old and the graphics can be otherwise viewed in a museums screen next to the n64.

these people stay in wow because its their daily fix of crack. it doesnt have to be innovative or good looking its just ensuring  that their are others taking the same drugs.

alreaddy i hear people say: "...but, but, but i cant leave wow, i invested so much in my character..."

just as there wont be an google killer that all people use overnight there wont be a wow killer but lets watch the market a few years from now and if blizzard has the same big slice of the mmo cake without making a wow2 or something im quitting mmo and go back to tetris

if your bored, visit my blog at:
    http://craylon.wordpress.com/ dealing with the look of mmos with the nvidia 3d vision glasses

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by craynlon

of course there will be the hardcore wow players even in 4 years from now when the engine will be 8 years old and the graphics can be otherwise viewed in a museums screen next to the n64.

these people stay in wow because its their daily fix of crack. it doesnt have to be innovative or good looking its just ensuring  that their are others taking the same drugs.
    alreaddy i hear people say: "...but, but, but i cant leave wow, i invested so much in my character..."
    just as there wont be an google killer that all people use overnight there wont be a wow killer but lets watch the market a few years from now and if blizzard has the same big slice of the mmo cake without making a wow2 or something im quitting mmo and go back to tetris

Knowing how Bliz loves polishing (it's a nice synonym for "stealing" since WoW went out) other people's innovative ideas, you'd better copyright this one; World of Tetris where you'll be a square, triangle or circle, can gear up with shiny angles, and grind vertically all day long.

• Saurus930Saurus930 Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by Thearix

I don't want no god damn "THE ONE" MMORPG. I want SEVERAL MMORPG's that I can play for diversity. Why can't you god damn fanbois start accepting that some people LIKE playing more than ONE damn game?
    WoW , WAR , AoC , CoV/CoH , LOTRO , EQ , EQ2 , whatever friggin game there is. I want diversity to play them all. That is my damn choice, and I don't see why you tards gotta pester every damn forum and game that exist just because YOU don't like it. Go play the game you like and stop trying to proclaim how wonderful the game YOU like is doing. I don't care and honestly I think there are others who share my view and don't care if YOU believe WoW is "the one".
    Why is the mentality of MMORPG.com forum users that they have to be at war non-stop with the MMO's they dislike personally. Is that all you simple-minded freaks have intelligence to spend your time on? Bashing games you don't even play and definently shouldn't care about since you don't like it?
    Why do I post on WoW's forum? Cause this post is just another example of the utter crap that is spilled on this forum by fanbois.

Agreed

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

I agree with you to an extent.

I've said this maybe 30+ times before, there is NO BEST GAME, there is a good game that each individual thinks is best for them but no game can be called THE BEST..  everyone is different and each person likes/dislikes thier own thing. Other games don't copy WoW (for those that believe so) i've been involved in numerous discussions on the subject and the arguments the WoW lovers throw out about other games being copies of WoW can actually be turned against them and used to prove (in thier definition of proof) that WoW is a clone itself.. WoW players love to use the numbers and throw them around as proof of success, to me this is just BS, xfire only shows the games people play while xfire is running, if they have it and many thousands of people don't. google or other sites can't be accurate either as they are not fed the info direct from the companies running the games.

to put it into simple terms (so the WoW community can understand as they're used to simple things)

1. Arguments trying to prove WoW is THE BEST are flawed, it's the best for you, not everyone.

2. Arguments about numbers are flawed as they are not accurate.

3. Flames to this post will be ignored.

I'm not a WoW hater or WoW basher as i believe in individuality and the game is appealing to some, fair enough and good on them, if while reading this you think it is a hate against WoW then i suggest you read it again carefully, it's a hate against the flawed arguments WoW lovers spit out, not the game itself.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by SonofSeth

Will you be able to jump in GW2, I can't PVP if I can't jump?    

Yes you will, some people in the GW forum was whining about it but it was Strain himself who said it will be in :D

Seems like many GW fans didn't want to jump. Or at least the 10 or so whining.

Originally posted by bodypass
    Correction in GERMANY Mercedes has the most models sold.
    It actually shows a very good correlation.
    For 1120 days now Wow is the MOST played PC game on Xfire. It is also expensive in that you have to pay a sub every month.
    It shows that Wow is far more expansive to play than say COD4 or CS and STILL it outsells them by many more copies.
    It shows that Wow is the mercedes of all PC games. Far more expensive and STILL being played the most.

Still if you look on sold numbers the beetle have outsold mercedes all models if you count since launch... Just like wow.

But this is a stupid discussion, it doesnt really matter if you call wow MCDonalds or whatever it is very popular. Popular isn't always the best but whatever. If the game really stunk it wouldn' t have so many fans even though it is old.

But if anyone thinks a game will last forever than you are just fooling yourself, new and better stuff comes out eventually for all kinds of technology. At that is a good thing too, who the h*ll wants to play a C-64 today? It was fun in the 80s but sucks today, theres always some old geezer still playing it but most don't there are better things today.

Wow is possible to  revamp but the question is would blizzard totaly change the game engine, all textures in the game and so on? It would cost almost as much as making a new game. But it is a must in 2 years or so, the computers are changing fast now and getting a lot better and there is a point when a game gets to old... Remeber half-Life? Great game, lasted long but age killed it.

But the future is bright, what we will play in 5 years will be better :D

• RonaruudoRonaruudo Member Posts: 102

Considering the many glaring flaws in WoW, it's disturbing that people think it's the best of its kind.

Originally posted by Ronaruudo

Considering the many glaring flaws in WoW, it's disturbing that people think it's the best of its kind.

Why? Taste differs... If you love someone or something you either can't really see their faults or ignore them.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Love it how everyone yells wow clone when a mmo has elves in it. Its not because the first mmo you played was wow that it was the first one. And stop saying wow is the best mmo because it has the most subs, wow came at the right time, right when mmos were starting to become very popular and most people had dsl. It became very popular because it was aimed at the average gamer, not the hardcore games like some mmos of the time. The hype it got from being the leader, and to the non gamers the first mmo made it a very attractive product. That hype explains why so many people got sucked into it, a lot of players, some of your friends playign it, so you want to play with your friends...

Wow wont be killed, what could happen is it will start dying slowly blizzards new mmos might steal a lot of its subs) and the day the servers shut down noone will care about it anymore.

The only way i'd say wow is the one would be "wow is still the one if you want to play the mmo with the most subs". Wow is not the best at anything (pvp, questing, raids, farming, skill/race...) it has msot of the feature you see in the mmo genre and some ppl like that.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• catsaadcatsaad Member Posts: 176

wow is the one and will always be the one.and those guys who tell you war is better or aoc is better are lying.i wasted my money on them .so dont waste your money on them .they are not the games as are portrayed by ea or funcom .they suck.

ROFL

Yes, you were the one (and some others) who said 6 months ago ...that the end of Wow was coming soon...

A nice blow below the belt from Conan and a big and perfect uppercut from War would do the trick.

As a matter of fact Conan is now beheaded by its own game system and War IS struggling to have the same number of players as at launch, 14 days before the free period ends (Xfire). Half of EU servers are at low/low or low/medium. Never a good sign in the free play period.

I even have this new theory: every time a "Wow killer" didn't make it, the postion of Wow is even reinforced as the number 1 MMORPG to play. We saw this after Vanguard, after LOTRO, after TR. Last winter was a boom on the server activity in Wow in both US/EU and they didn't even have an expansion out back then.

It seems that  Wow is sucking the blood out of his "new" competitors faster than you can say the word "subscription".

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see what will happen in two weeks when the pre launch patch will come out and the bloodbath to other MMO's when - after 2 long years - that new Blizz expansion will hit the market floor.

Not going back to Wow ? (and miss their version of the promised open world PvP) - no problem - but be sure the others will.

• Wow4LiferWow4Lifer Member Posts: 255

Wow will be around for the next 10-15 years, by which time the will still have 300-400k subscribers. The reason for htis is that people just don't by new computers anymore and wow is the only game that is scalling properly to this rate of growth. Ofcourse wow will continue to increase and possibly hit 20million when they overhaul the graphics engine, which will be the best graphics engine to date in the history of mmorpgs or any game for that fact.

The truth is blizzard treats game making as an art and a science, and does not exlude one from the other. We saw what ahppens when you do too much art (vanguard) and what happens whne there's too much science (war). You have to have a fine balance between the two.

• craynloncraynlon Member Posts: 255

ROFL

Yes, you were the one (and some others) who said 6 months ago ...that the end of Wow was coming soon...

A nice blow below the belt from Conan and a big and perfect uppercut from War would do the trick.

As a matter of fact Conan is now beheaded by its own game system and War IS struggling to have the same number of players as at launch, 14 days before the free period ends (Xfire). Half of EU servers are at low/low or low/medium. Never a good sign in the free play period.

I even have this new theory: every time a "Wow killer" didn't make it, the postion of Wow is even reinforced as the number 1 MMORPG to play. We saw this after Vanguard, after LOTRO, after TR. Last winter was a boom on the server activity in Wow in both US/EU and they didn't even have an expansion out back then.

It seems that  Wow is sucking the blood out of his "new" competitors faster than you can say the word "subscription".

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see what will happen in two weeks when the pre launch patch will come out and the bloodbath to other MMO's when - after 2 long years - that new Blizz expansion will hit the market floor.

Not going back to Wow ? (and miss their version of the promised open world PvP) - no problem - but be sure the others will.

im no expert in xfire numbers or stock market charts

what i would like to see in lets say march 2009 is the number of new subscribers

my theory is that people have a much larger base of AAA mmos to choose from today then they had one year ago. if the nuber of new subscribers jan-march 2009 of wow is as good as jan-march 2008 i give up defeated. we also can compare mmorpg market share in the 1st quater of 2009 to the market share in 2008. as for "the end is coming soon" if i really said that let me redefine the term soon ;)

if your bored, visit my blog at:
    http://craylon.wordpress.com/ dealing with the look of mmos with the nvidia 3d vision glasses

• goby1000goby1000 Member Posts: 3

the reason why wow is the one is kinda simple. for my case anyway.

you dont need a uber pc to run it. it still run nice on 3 year old pc's.

like i was in the beta for AoC.  but tho it was'nt realy strong anough to run nice.

have played wow sinse start and still it runs great and i havent changed my pc for 2 years.

and like if you gona play most of the new mmorpg that have come and will come. you have to have a up to date computer to run it good. not more then maybe 6 month old on the max. if you want to get the best out of it. if not you have to lower everything so far down its getting bad just to look at it. and i havent changed the stuff on wow sinse it went live.

• ThearixThearix Member Posts: 26

ROFL

Bodypass - cut the propaganda bullshit about WoW already. No one is interested in your devoted love and lust to marry WoW. We are already aware that you would die a sad death if your beloved game would fail in any aspect. There have not been a single post by you at all where you don't state how much you love WoW and how much WoW is a MMO-killer itself that will crush all opposition.

Start accepting that alot of us don't want no god damn MMO-killers - we want to be able to play more than ONE damn game and enjoy more than ONE damn game without having to read posts by fools like you state how much each and every MMO will die and WoW will live on. I play WoW myself, and while it's a decent game that deliver a nice amount of quality content it is far from perfection. There is no perfect MMO and there will never be. Each and every individual will like and dislike things about each and every MMO.

For once - try to actually post something on MMORPG.com that does NOT defend WoW against whatever fears you have in the world about WoW falling apart and your little world is gone.

Now that I got that off my chest - I'll still stay true to my cause - There is no "The one" game. I don't want one, and millions of other MMO players don't want one either. Alot of people like diversity and a chance to play different MMO's whenever they feel like it. The MMO genre will - and I repeat myself - WILL die if there is only ONE MMO left in the world some day.

Accept the simple fact that loads of MMO's does and will always exist. Be happy that the gaming industry offer a chance for everyone to find something THEY like and enjoy.

Bodypass - cut the propaganda bullshit about WoW already. No one is interested in your devoted love and lust to marry WoW. We are already aware that you would die a sad death if your beloved game would fail in any aspect. There have not been a single post by you at all where you don't state how much you love WoW and how much WoW is a MMO-killer itself that will crush all opposition.
    Start accepting that alot of us don't want no god damn MMO-killers - we want to be able to play more than ONE damn game and enjoy more than ONE damn game without having to read posts by fools like you state how much each and every MMO will die and WoW will live on. I play WoW myself, and while it's a decent game that deliver a nice amount of quality content it is far from perfection. There is no perfect MMO and there will never be. Each and every individual will like and dislike things about each and every MMO.
    For once - try to actually post something on MMORPG.com that does NOT defend WoW against whatever fears you have in the world about WoW falling apart and your little world is gone.
    Now that I got that off my chest - I'll still stay true to my cause - There is no "The one" game. I don't want one, and millions of other MMO players don't want one either. Alot of people like diversity and a chance to play different MMO's whenever they feel like it. The MMO genre will - and I repeat myself - WILL die if there is only ONE MMO left in the world some day.
    Accept the simple fact that loads of MMO's does and will always exist. Be happy that the gaming industry offer a chance for everyone to find something THEY like and enjoy.

This sentence is EXACTLY why this industry IS turning out VERY VERY bad games and is in dire need of GOOD games.

And again you have NOTHING understood of what I said.

You want to have MMORPG's at ALL cost. And instead of looking very critical into a new game, most on mmorpg.com hype every new kid on the block without any reservation.

And because they FAIL in have decent "PAYED to be played" subs, it is Wow's fault and even the guys who love to play Wow. How pathetic.

Look at what I said: IF the industry keeps turning out very very mediocre games like they have been doing now for 3 years THAT will kill MMORPG's.

Those failed attempts just feed Wow more and more. Not a man who shows this evident fact on a MMORPG.COM forum

• -exo-exo Member Posts: 564

This sentence is EXACTLY why this industry IS turning out VERY VERY bad games and is in dire need of GOOD games.

And again you have NOTHING understood of what I said.

You want to have MMORPG's at ALL cost. And instead of looking very critical into a new game, most on mmorpg.com hype every new kid on the block without any reservation.

And because they FAIL in have decent "PAYED to be played" subs, it is Wow's fault and even the guys who love tho play Wow. How pathetic.

Look at what I said: IF the industry keeps turning out very very mediocre games like they have been doing now for 3 years THAT will kill MMORPG's.

Those failed attempts just feed Wow more and more. Not a man who shows this evident fact on a MMORPG.COM forum

/wave hi bodypass, whats up?

www.roxstudiodesigns.com

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

just as there wont be an google killer that all people use overnight there wont be a wow killer

good points, made me think

If i purchase WOTLK i will play my old abandoned lvl 60 account not my lvl 70. There is very little persistency across expansion boundaries in WoW. Levels mean nothing, gear means nothing, hybrid classes take 180degree turns, server trasfers made guild life homogenized. WoW expansion is very close to starting new game for all your progress.

And about the Google... i used to use AltaVista exlusively back in the old days. It is as good as dead for me now. It can and does happen.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by Z3R01

What pisses me off about WoW asian numbers are that the players over there dont actually pay for a WoW game box
    Untrue.  They didn't have to pay for the expansion, but they had to pay for the game initially.  Not sure how that works with the CyberCafe's, but I think there is an initial charge to setup your account or something.
    and they pay a few cents to actually play the game in a cyber caffee.
    Also pretty much untrue.  Depending upon how much you play and adjusting the value of the dollar in NA to what the Asians pay, you might actually be paying less than them.  They pay by the hour I believe whereas you pay a monthly fee.  Let's say you play 20 hours a week, which is not really that much, then you pay approximately 17 cents an hour to play WoW.
    So i totally discount the 6 million + asian number just like I discount any F2p asian sub number along with L2.
    You can totally discount if you want, but your argument as to why you discount doesn't hold a lot of water.  Just so you know.