Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamespot Review, WAR Ties AoC!

2»

Comments

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

WAR=AOC

whatever,. they need to get to the end game before they review. AOC had no end game content working/implemented, it was all missing. not to mention 40-50 there was no content, you had to grind mob. WAR is complete, the end game content is intact. AOC promised stuff on the box that wasn't even in the game and got an 8.5 (only because the reviewer didn't get to the end to find this out). i just dont see how both of these game are rated the same? AOC was horrible, WAR is fun.  sad lets hope ign comes through, but it seems like both sites copy each other with scores so i expect a .3 difference in the ign score.

Originally posted by Zeblade

Originally posted by Souldrainer

AOC had a solid launch IMO and did not begin to die until 2-3 months later.
    WAR is still untested waters IMO.  We will not know if it has failed or succeeded until it survives its first 4 months.  The forums here for WAR look almost exactly like the ones for AOC did right after launch, and EA has yet to prove that they can truly support an MMO over time.
    Just as one outlandish example, EA could force Mythic to wipe all servers next week.  Unlikely, nobody really knows what will happen.

In WAR. I was in beta/closed beta. Then started WAR with the Collectors Edition and PLAYED EVERY day. Not one time did I NOT get to play because the servers were down. I played the whole week too.

Now AoC in beta got to do the 3 day head start. LMAO any one care to tell souldrainer what happen because  he/she was NOT there. You didnt get to PLAY for 3 days. You didnt get to play for have that time. Nor did you get to play EVERYDAY that week. Now what I said is 100% the truth. And you say thats a solid launch? is your name protus? Well you KNOW that name because you read AoC's forums.. haha Yet he DOES work for AoC.  Thats been proved months ago..

Now the forums on AoC? War DOES NOT HAVE ANY FORUMS. So you are talking about a FAN site. Not the same in any way. Warhammer has NO control what gets said there.

WAR doesn't have an "official" forum, but warhammeralliance is official enough as marc jacobs and all the devs post there, and take feedback there. thats good enough. did goddager ever ask for feedback in the AOC forums? no. jacobs does, he starts his own thread for constructive criticism. and if they reviewer talk about forum presence he is an idiot. i havent read the review and i don't plan to.

conan was all about go here , do this, go here do this, grind, now do this.

WAR has public quest, real world keep seieges ...that are actually in the game, excellent PVP, RVR,  book chapter in a form of quest, tome to keep track. and it got the same score as boring grind fest conan. amazing.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Originally posted by vesavius

Originally posted by wozzu

Gamespot review.

Thats because they are bascially the same game with different skins.

Launches aside, the actual games (that is their content and play) deserve the same score because they are the same.

I'm sorry, you what?!?

AoC was horrible at launch and the content was near nonexistant...   apart from what we know they removed before release, EVERYTHING that was promised for WAR was in at release...

/sigh.. I said launch ASIDE.

I am talking about gameplay and core system design.

Comprende?

btw, everything wasnt in WAR at launch, Mythic just took the different approach of simply saying it wouldnt be after seeing FC getting destroyed over  the same thing.

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Gamespot review.

Launches aside, the actual games (that is their content and play) deserve the same score because they are the same.

Superficially maybe. In the sense that if it's got four wheels an engine and a trunk you can call it a car. Once you get more than skin deep there are significant differences. .

Well, I guess I meant both, tweaks and gimmicks aside, have;

1. Solo heavy (almost exclusive) PvE
    2. Battleground style minimap PvP
    3. Zoned open world PvP
    4. GPS/ map led idiot questing
    5. Zero death penalty
    6. EZ mode and zero challenge
    7. Crap itemisation and character customisation
    8. Rubbish/ broken crafting
    9. Pointless low level (and when I say low level, I mean everything up to the end game) play, with it existing just a a grind timesink to get you to the point where the devs really see the game starting.

I don't think they are both just cars, I think they are the same model with different paint jobs and some mods.

Gamespot review.

Superficially maybe. In the sense that if it's got four wheels an engine and a trunk you can call it a car. Once you get more than skin deep there are significant differences. .

Well, I guess I meant both, tweaks and gimmicks aside, have;

1. Solo heavy (almost exclusive) PvE
    2. Battleground style minimap PvP
    3. Zoned open world PvP
    4. GPS/ map led idiot questing
    5. Zero death penalty
    6. EZ mode and zero challenge
    7. Crap itemisation and character customisation
    8. Rubbish/ broken crafting
    9. Pointless low level (and when I say low level, I mean everything up to the end game) play, with it existing just a a grind timesink to get you to the point where the devs really see the game starting.

I don't think they are both just cars, I think they are the same model with different paint jobs and some mods.

And every one of those things is implemented and plays differently. That's why they're called generalizations.

Well, speaking from a strictly personal view, I felt very much the same playing both games, so I guess they didnt play differently enough for me... they both gaave me the same play experience.

To me, strip away the superficial, and they play almost identically... But thats just me :)