Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just hasn't gripped me yet...

XredemptionXXredemptionX Member Posts: 51

Hello all, me and my brother baught Guild Wars: Nightfall a few months back, we played it for abit, but then got bored. Now, were thinking about starting again.

However, when ever i play this game, i just dont feel 'attracted' to the game, there isnt anything making me come back to it.

I feel like theres not much stuff you can do when you finish the game, and that there isnt much end game content. Also, i just dont see my self getting into this game (playing it for like a year).

I played RuneScape, and that was a great game, i played it for like 3 years, and there was always something to do, I had never done the same thing twice unless it was at my own will, the economy was strong, and it was always fun. And i just dont feel that Guild Wars can do any of that, if they can, please tell me!

So their it is, am i quiting on the game too early?  Shall i give it another go?  Will GW live up to Runescape?

Thanks, Redemption.

Comments

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Guild Wars isn't your typical MMO in that:

* end-game doesn't consist of endless raiding

* it's built to appeal to the casual player

With that being said, here's a list of what you have to do:

* play through the storyline (there are 2 other campaigns and an expansion to play through as well, which is the route most people go)

* PvP, which is where the game shines

* collect titles (there are many, so collecting all of them will take an age)

* save up for exotic armor sets, such as Obsidian armor. This can take some time as they are expensive.

* play through elite missions (The Underworld etc.)

* play through some Eye of the North dungeons

* collect minipets

^ a number of the above can be "saved" in the Hall of Monuments, which comes with Eye of the North, and reaccessed in Guild Wars 2

All of this will take a good load of time I can assure you. Each campaign has a very different feel in my opinion, so maybe it's just Nightfall that you don't like.

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

The problem may be that you started with the wrong campaign.  Nightfall is a grinder.  No, it's not as bad as other MMOs out there, but of the three complete campaigns and the expansion (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North), Nightfall has about the biggest grind and is the least "newb" friendly.

Only Eye of the North is a bigger grind, but you wouldn't ever know that unless you had played one of the original campaigns, since EoTN is an expansion to those.

Prophecies has the slowest levelling curve, but is - bar far - the most new-player friendly, and it has a great story.  I spend much of my pre-Guild Wars 2 time in Prophecies now, just because I like it so much.

Factions has - by far - the fastest levelling and immensely popular PvP, but it has a short storyline and - unless you're REALLY into PvP, you'll find little to do in it when finished.

If you're just looking for a nice, casual player game with a great story and slower progression, pick up Prophecies.  If you want fast progression, intense missions and PvP, try Factions.

• mac579mac579 Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Lydon

* play through the storyline (there are 2 other campaigns and an expansion to play through as well, which is the route most people go)
    * save up for exotic armor sets, such as Obsidian armor. This can take some time as they are expensive.

* collect minipets

^ a number of the above can be "saved" in the Hall of Monuments, which comes with Eye of the North, and reaccessed in Guild Wars 2

All of this will take a good load of time I can assure you. Each campaign has a very different feel in my opinion, so maybe it's just Nightfall that you don't like.

I totally agree with Lydon in all of this. I also must say that if you are looking for end game content, then the Eye of the North expansion is a must have. There are plenty of dungeons to raid, bosses to kill and elite armor to collect. It is more of a sequel to the Prophecies campaign but either of the other titles tie in nicely and you would have an advantage in already knowing how to use heroes since you started with Nightfall.

Playing Guild Wars (all games in franchise but mainly GWEN and Nightfall) and WoW (just returned to this great game).

Eagerly awaiting Aion, Guild Wars 2 and Wrath of the Lich King.

Have also played CoV/CoH

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    Originally posted by Lydon

* play through some Eye of the North dungeons
    * collect minipets

Elite missions are cool  , collecting pets

Also there was 1 quest to get a mini pet bird and for that you have to go through all 3 campaigns collect ass sorts of things That was the best quest I had

At 1st eggs started popping up People started collecting it , Next someone found that the eggs can be hardened in some hot water pool in factions that lead to more speculation that the items are meant for something, Nest parts , feeding items started popping at odd location througout the 3 campaigns with the finale ending with hot lava being poured on the egg by uber boss in dungeon.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by XredemptionX

Hello all, me and my brother baught Guild Wars: Nightfall a few months back, we played it for abit, but then got bored. Now, were thinking about starting again.

However, when ever i play this game, i just dont feel 'attracted' to the game, there isnt anything making me come back to it.

I feel like theres not much stuff you can do when you finish the game, and that there isnt much end game content. Also, i just dont see my self getting into this game (playing it for like a year).

I played RuneScape, and that was a great game, i played it for like 3 years, and there was always something to do, I had never done the same thing twice unless it was at my own will, the economy was strong, and it was always fun. And i just dont feel that Guild Wars can do any of that, if they can, please tell me!

So their it is, am i quiting on the game too early?  Shall i give it another go?  Will GW live up to Runescape?

Thanks, Redemption.

Well if you're not 'attracted' to the game then maybe you just don't like it. Not every game is for everyone. That said... if you have just have Nightfall you should get Eye of the North for all the 'endgame' stuff. The economy in the game is pretty much crap on account of no AH but that's how it's always been. Other than that there is the elite missions that you can do in Nightfall... Fissure of Woe and Underworld as well the four elite missions in The Relm of Torment.. Plus you can go back to do the missions to get the bonuses ect.

I'm not sure how long you've played but it seems like there is still a lot you can get out of it. Of course you can buy Prophices and Eye of the North together.. if you go back and o that whole story you'll have plenty to hold you over till GW2.