Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i just got thew game i need help bad and fast

punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

ok when i press the play button this comes up

mss dll file is installed in the windows or windows

system directory- it must be installed in the application directory

then i press ok

then this shows up

swgclientsetup_r.exe- application error

the application failed to initialize properly <0x0000142> click on ok to terminate the application

then i press ok and try it again and it keeps on showing up

but it will let me play on the test server. weird

but can you plz help me

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

You may nneed to completley reinstall it

which sucks....considering the  game is freakin huge as it is

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

it's gotta be the CD then......

Do this:

return the CD.....get a new one orrr

download the free trial (same client). If you currently have the free trail...try to delete it totally and reinstall.

If you actually bought the game....delete everything....download the free 2 week trial...then use your CD account key rather than the 2 week one

try that

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Deleting everything and using the trial for an installation will probably work but the problem does most likely lie on one of the CDs, you should probably get a new cd set.

Anyway, the fact that you can play on Test Center just makes me think that a specific file is messed up, it's copied to your TC installation and then downloaded after the full scan takes place.  I would run a full scan of the standard game version.  You can down that from the launch pad, below the patch notes is the full scan button.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.