Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End Game Content

I am Considering this game but I would like to know a little more about it.

I have been looking into the End Game Content but dont know much about it. So Id like to know how the End Game is in WAR.

For one id like to know how the dungeons and etc work for the end game, etc. And weapon and armor set, etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• MagsatoMagsato Member Posts: 230

First most of the endgame is PvP in the sense of pushing from tier 4 zone to tier 4 zone in order to push far enough to get to the enemy city. Then you siege the city until you eventually take it, after that you take down the king of the city, but he is actually instanced so that every group gets a crack at him. Also capturing the city opens up the last dungeons.

No dungeon requires more then a 6 man to complete, and every dungeon has its own unique armor set.

However PvE is not stellar in this game, as it is designed around PvP. There are renown(pvp) ranks and gear.

• PHInnocentPHInnocent Member Posts: 47

Here's WAR in a nutshell: RvR

End Game isn't PvE, Mid Game isn't PvE, Start isn't PvE

Heck, in this game you aren't even forced to PvE to develop your character.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by PHInnocent

Or you can put it otherwise:

End Game is Head bashing, Mid Game is Head bashing, Start is Head Bashing.

Meaning you've seen all the game at level 14.

The only thing that changes is the numbers of heads bashed and getting renowned for it.

Even the Keeps all have the same lay-out. Door knocking, enter, take the first stairs left (actually roll up left because it was too expensive to make some real stairs). Mayhem melee fight and take out the NPC boss.

Zergfest Done.

Repeat X times. For Chaos: celibrate. For Order: loose - as always.

Welcome the new shiny kid of MMORPG's, but don't try to emote, because there's no emotes (as a million other standard MMORPG things left out in this game).

Lasting appeal: for the intelligent : one week.

For the blind  carried over by hatred : two months.

For the Johnnys between us: for ever.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by bodypass

The only thing that changes is the numbers of heads bashed and getting renowned for it.

Even the Keeps all have the same lay-out. Door knocking, enter, take the first stairs left (actually roll up left because it was too expensive to make some real stairs). Mayhem melee fight and take out the NPC boss.

Zergfest Done.

Welcome the new shiny kid of MMORPG's, but don't try to emote, because there's no emotes (as a million other standard MMORPG things left out in this game).

so what your saying is it the same stuff over and over again think ill leave it few more months then  befor i buy

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by skullquaker

Zergfest Done.

so what your saying is it the same stuff over and over again think ill leave it few more months then  befor i buy

But what game isn't the same stuff over and over again?

Ive been having fun and I just came from WoW and Ive played about every major MMO there is out there and I like WAR the best.  Its a hit or miss for people you will either really hate this game or love it to death.

I love this game because I can Level by doing quests, RvR, Scenarios.  If I get bored with one thing I go to the next and i just keep on doing all 3.  It makes it fun instead of having to quest and quest and quest and quest just to level up.

But don't be a sheep and listen to what people say , not even me. Try it for yourself and see if you like it, if you don't then oh well we all get bunt by a game eventually. 

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

Zergfest Done.

Gotta love the Non-RvR players trying to put an RvR game down.

If you don't like PvP then don't play a PvP game. PvPers play for the battles not for how different a keep looks.

By level 14 you only have a taste of the RvR. There are still 12+ scenarios you haven't played. You haven't raided a city. You haven't had a battle at a fort.  The point is not that the Keeps/BO are the same it is the way that the battles play out and the different zones offer different battles.

Not to mention: Mount gunbad, Bastion Stair, Lost Vale, 3 rank 40 instances, and the king encounters for those who like a little PvE. Don't expect the boss battles there to be tank and spank either so come with your thinking cap equiped.

If you don't like PvP then sure it will get boring fairly quickly but by then Mythic will have added new things. There is plenty to see and do and it is truly a PvPers dream with the wide range of environments to smash peoples heads in.

Originally posted by Distaste

Zergfest Done.

The point is not that the Keeps/BO are the same it is the way that the battles play out and the different zones offer different battles.

If you don't like PvP then sure it will get boring fairly quickly but by then Mythic will have added new things. There is plenty to see and do and it is truly a PvPers dream with the wide range of environments to smash peoples heads in.

Tx but you just repeated what I said in a nutshell: battles - battles.

But you forget one thing: the battles always play out in the same way: bigger healed zerg group wins.

No matter where it takes place.

The OP asked about dungeons and raids, clearly a PVE player.

• niteflynitefly Member Posts: 340

If you don't like PvP then don't play a PvP game. PvPers play for the battles not for how different a keep looks.
    By level 14 you only have a taste of the RvR. There are still 12+ scenarios you haven't played. You haven't raided a city. You haven't had a battle at a fort.  The point is not that the Keeps/BO are the same it is the way that the battles play out and the different zones offer different battles.
    Not to mention: Mount gunbad, Bastion Stair, Lost Vale, 3 rank 40 instances, and the king encounters for those who like a little PvE. Don't expect the boss battles there to be tank and spank either so come with your thinking cap equiped.

This post is weird in my opinion as it appears to be saying something contrary to the post it quotes and then states exactly the same: Battles are the same, only the players change. Since all players are forced to play with the same Characters and same gear, the battles are simply repetitions now that the "best practice" has settled in the game. It took less than 14 days and now the scenarios are played out identically from time to time, only difference comes when complete new-comers enter the fray. These maps are STATIC, there are only very limited character options and gear options, there are next to no variables apart from the amount of X or Y class.

I don't think this is only true of End Game, this IS the game of WAR.

And to be honest: I can see the appeal in the lack of character customization if you on the other hand have noticable impact on the game world from your actions. But the game world is static. The whole Keep thing is just like teether-ball, one side takes a whack, then the other side, repeat until dizzy.

Don't read this as: This is boring. Because it is not at first, at first it feels vibrant, interesting, and rewarding. But once the feeling of repetition sets in (for me that was day 8 but your mileage may vary) you could do yourself a favour and measure up what the alternative activities in the game are, the other things you can do when you go a bit cold over a specific element. There is no meaningful crafting, there is no character customization (there are set paths you choose between, then everything is set in stone, no trying out weird or silly character setups where you mix and match what YOU as a player find fun), PvE and Questing is ... OK as long as you don't compare it to other MMOs and replay value? Well, that depends on your tastes and whether you believe a few characters should have a lot of options open to them or you should be forced to start over every once in a while since the content becomes stale and feels repetitive. Again, personal tastes.

• DreadlichDreadlich Member UncommonPosts: 597

It's been said before. While there is PvE in the game and there will be plenty of PvE content, the bulk of the endgame experience will be focused on the RvR battle to destroy and pillage your enemy's realm.

MMOs Played: EQ 1&2, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, WoW, GW, CoX, DDO, EVE, Vanguard, TR
    Playing: WAR
    Awaiting 40k Online and wishing for Battletech Online

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Zergfest Done.

Yes your zealous rampage against WAR goes on and on, Bodypass. I suggest playing the game that you like instead of wasting our time with your personal vendetta and your negative explanation of things that are the best parts of WAR to many others. You can't seem to understand the difference between your own preference and opinion and what others might appreciate in a game.

"End Game is Head bashing, Mid Game is Head bashing, Start is Head Bashing."

For example. I love that part. Can't bash enough heads, really.

And let me add another category, if I may;

Lasting appeal:

For those that are having fun playing this game; as long as it lasts.

And personally, I can't see the fun running out in quite some time. Especially since owning keeps on my server is starting to be a matter of life and death to many of us and I find myself in a guild which fights on the front lines of that war.

Luvin it!

Originally posted by DarkPony

Zergfest Done.

Yes your zealous rampage against WAR goes on and on, Bodypass. I suggest playing the game that you like instead of wasting our time with your personal vendetta and your negative explanation of things that are the best parts of WAR to many others. You can't seem to understand the difference between your own preference and opinion and what others might appreciate in a game.

Lasting appeal:

And personally, I can't see the fun running out in quite some time. Especially since owning keeps on my server is starting to be a matter of life and death to many of us and I find myself in a guild which fights on the front lines of that war.

Luvin it!

So you are a Johnny, no problem...

Just read the posts above and below my post to see that I am not lonely out here :)))

• DreadlichDreadlich Member UncommonPosts: 597

bodypass, sgel and many other ubertrolls around here should be permabanned from this site IMO. I'm starting to believe this site has started accepting money from companies to allow viral marketing. It's painfully obvious they're nothing but trolls.

MMOs Played: EQ 1&2, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, WoW, GW, CoX, DDO, EVE, Vanguard, TR
    Playing: WAR
    Awaiting 40k Online and wishing for Battletech Online

Originally posted by DarkPony

Zergfest Done.

Lasting appeal:

Luvin it!

So you are a Johnny, no problem...

Just read the posts above and below my post to see that I am not lonely out here :)))

Good to hear you aren't lonely, Bodypass. Anything else?

Originally posted by Dreadlich
    It's been said before. While there is PvE in the game and there will be plenty of PvE content, the bulk of the endgame experience will be focused on the RvR battle to destroy and pillage your enemy's realm.
    Well, this site is propably more neutral than say a game's official forums (do WAR even have those or were those cut too?)

Any forum anywhere exists to deliver opinions, the opinions of the posters. These are not TRUTHs or FACTs or anything like that. They are preferences, likes, dislikes, and so on.

People reading these forums should simply accept the fact that some people like X game while others dislike it.

Simply complaining that people have another viewpoint than yours is not of much value for a person that asks for end game content information.

And yes, I'm very much aware of the inherent irony in my post :D

Originally posted by nitefly

Well, this site is propably more neutral than say a game's official forums (do WAR even have those or were those cut too?)

Any forum anywhere exists to deliver opinions, the opinions of the posters. These are not TRUTHs or FACTs or anything like that. They are preferences, likes, dislikes, and so on.

People reading these forums should simply accept the fact that some people like X game while others dislike it.

Simply complaining that people have another viewpoint than yours is not of much value for a person that asks for end game content information.

And yes, I'm very much aware of the inherent irony in my post :D

Irony yes :) But also, don't forget about the difference between criticism and hater-trolling of people who are so happy with their favorite game (WoW in the case of Bodypass) that instead of playing that game they'd rather troll the competition's boards to tell them how awful those other games are and completely disregarding the fact that people can have different tastes or failing to reckognize any positives to those other games.

On the note of other boards: for game info on WAR I switched to Warhammeralliance like a lot of us have.

It is more informative, criticism is constructive rather then the endless rants of haters or maybe even payed trolls because it gets filled by people who actually play the game. If you want to compare mmo's mmorpg.com is the right place. If you are trolling and try to convince people not to play or to do play a certain game mmorpg.com is the right place. If you have found your game of choice and enjoy playing it, you move to a game specific board for more in depth info on classes, realms, RvR and whatnot.

• WarguruWarguru Member Posts: 66

I doubt I could say yet, as I don't think we have enough tier 4's on our server to even start opening up "end game" content.. but time will tell. 

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

bodypass, sgel and many other ubertrolls around here should be permabanned from this site IMO. I'm starting to believe this site has started accepting money from companies to allow viral marketing. It's painfully obvious they're nothing but trolls.

While I appreciate most of the well thought out comments on this site, the above is an example of something I find becoming a sad trend.  By all means, if someone doesn't agree with you regarding your favorite game, then they must be a "paid employee" of the competitor.  Better yet....let's just call anyone voicing an opposing opinion in regards to our "pet game" a troll.

The word "troll" is used on these forums so much, it's becoming completely numbing.  I've even seen people called "trolls" that are entirely regular posters on the site, that just don't happen to agree with someone.  The person calling them a troll had about 5 posts and a membership registration date of approximately a month ago, the one they were CALLING a troll, had been a site member for years and had hundreds of posts.  It's just ridiculous.

If you don't agree with someone's post, it's fine to say so, but just randomly tossing the "troll" word about, truly makes people look ignorant and incapable of a better argument, so they call someone a derogatory name instead....kind of like, "Well I'll just call you a moron and leave it at that.  THAT will end the argument, since I can't think of anything better to say."  This is very juvenile.

Incidentally, I'm not accusing the above quoted poster of this repeated abuse of the word "troll," as I haven't studied his prior posts to be able to determine if he is one of the abusers of the word or not.  I don't think I, personally, have EVER used that word on this site in ANY post I've made, because to me it seems awfully close to the childish thumbing of the nose and name-calling tactics children use in gradeschool before they know HOW to debate.

Note:  Sorry for the unintentional off-topic post, but this seemed like a good place to comment on this issue, as it seems to keep "popping up" everywhere.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Welcome to the mmorpg world. Every mmorpg is the same, kill the mob, get exp, repeat.

So no, this game is not more or less boring. Try it for free when trials or buddy start working and take your own decision.

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Hehe "end game content"... The game has been already finished on at least a one server. Altdorf fell down... 30 players did it for 4 hours. I bet we will soon see some kind of a competition like speed run in Quake 2: which side will take an enemy capital faster. I bet some guys will manage to take the city for just an hour.

• gandalfonegandalfone Member Posts: 35

Zergfest Done.

I absolutely agree with this post. Probably it's not my type of mmorpg, but after 2 weeks it's just boring to me.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by gandalfone

Zergfest Done.

I absolutely agree with this post. Probably it's not my type of mmorpg, but after 2 weeks it's just boring to me.

Yeah im kinda wondering that myself. After your level 40 you are 80 renown. then what? You take the city same city over and over again i guess this can be compared to a raid in a PvE game but at least there is more then 1 raid encounter.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by alakram

Welcome to the mmorpg world. Every mmorpg is the same, kill the mob, get exp, repeat.
    So no, this game is not more or less boring. Try it for free when trials or buddy start working and take your own decision.

Yeah but a trial wont take you to end game.

Originally posted by Goldknyght
    Originally posted by alakram Welcome to the mmorpg world. Every mmorpg is the same, kill the mob, get exp, repeat.

Yeah but a trial wont take you to end game.

If the trial is 14 days I wouldn't be surprised if you could reach end game. I easily reached level 20 within 10 days of casual play.

I'm aware the XP curve is getting steeper above level 20 but I would expect that it could be done.

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532

Zergfest Done.

what cracks me up is how people are already discussing end game when many of us are just starting out. I'm level 13, end game is not even in my corss fires, yet. What is the rush to get to end game? I thought the game was about playing and enjoying the game? At least it is, for me.

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Bodypass your a moron.Dont put people down for having fun with a game just because you couldnt handle it.Obviously your not a pvp player so go play something else and leave people be.Theres no problem voicing an honest opinion but your downrite rude and spreading false information.You should learn some manners child.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick