Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

International Ragnarok Online now free.

LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

For those of you who don't know, last week IRO anounced a new server called Valkyrie which would be completely free to play. Sounds good right? Well, the server had horrible rates making the game a huge grindfest.

With the latest patch the experience rates and drop rates have gone back up to 100% and the main "premium" servers will have increased xp and drop rates if you decide to pay. Anyways, for those of you looking for a fun anime style mmo check this game out.

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/

PS: The chart with the differences between the free and pay versions of IRO is now outdated and has not yet been changed to reflect the recent patch. The rates are now higher than  what the chart shows.

Comments

• KeshanberkKeshanberk Member Posts: 81

Definitely going back to iRO if I can play it for free.

Thanks for the heads up.

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

No problem I hope we can get alot of people to start playing this server. It reminds me of the good old beta days of Ragnarok lol.  Anyways, here's a topic with the official word explaining further for those of you who want some more info.

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21422&posts=26&start=1

• chrono73chrono73 Member Posts: 129

Sweet. I've been playing RO2 on a priv server just to test the waters and it feels really incomplete probaly because it's still in beat in korea and the english translations are horrendus. Definetly going to check this out though. The idea that everyone will be at low lvl again and there will be a community to play with at low lvl again is appealing.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

It's an item shop game. Count me out. I don't enjoy competing with my wallet.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I don't think the rates are screwed up..after all, it's still 1x1x1x on the free servers, which is what the rates of the p2p used to be.

• AhnilatorAhnilator Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by Gameloading

I don't think the rates are screwed up..after all, it's still 1x1x1x on the free servers, which is what the rates of the p2p used to be.

You were saying not even 1 minute ago to the poster above you that "if you don't do your research, don't post at all" about the fact that there's actually an item shop. The same could be said to you, huh? But who care ; you edited right on time before you look like a complete idiot.

• rhetoricarhetorica Member Posts: 2

I am downloading it right now, it is taking along time.

Although I know it's worth it.

I can't wait to play!

"no matter how hard you try, you can never live in your dreams."