Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post Warhammer Online....Age of Conan is the best!!!

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Why did I quit this game? I mean why did everyone else quit this game? This was the better of the 2 MMORPGs

FUNCOM why did you let us all down, Age of Conan was the BEST!!!

Now so many ppl have quit, I hope this game makes it to the Xbox360.

Comments

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

Iam not sure where are you playing but on Wildsoul PvP EU there is still planty of people with at least 2,3 full blown 48vs48 sieges per week + some smaller scale sieges like 24 vs 24 etc...

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• LibertasplzLibertasplz Member Posts: 221

Funny if i read the Wildsoul forums they all complain about it being absolutely dead.  But then again logic says you can have a few sieges of 100 people for a few hours a day and still have an absolutely empty MMO.  Servers need thousands of players to be healthy...not 300 people who login to raid/siege and then log off.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Syno23

Why did I quit this game? I mean why did everyone else quit this game? This was the better of the 2 MMORPGs
    FUNCOM why did you let us all down, Age of Conan was the BEST!!!
    Now so many ppl have quit, I hope this game makes it to the Xbox360.

So it's funcoms fault that you quit, eventhough you liked playing the game?

As for wich game is better.... thats an opinion. An opinion that currently is not shared by the people who rated both games. Watch again in 2 months and see if war also dropped below 7.

• Callist0Callist0 Member Posts: 25

Well, being a former AoC player (Guardian, lvl 6x) I was disgusted with how AoC was being handled. So disgusted I ditched my 6 month subscription 2 months into it and went to TR. Too bad I couldn't afford TR...such a good game.

And now I'm in WAR. But I'm hoping Funcom will salvage AoC. It had so much potential, excluding the features left out (DX10, PvP system implimentation). Hopefully, since I left in August, Funcom fixed some of the moe major class bugs...or finished the PvP system...

Or something...

---------------------------------------------
    What man fears is not the darkness, but his inner light, and that it would grow too powerfull to contain.

Callist0

• CobraSolidusCobraSolidus Member Posts: 369
    Originally posted by Callist0

Well, being a former AoC player (Guardian, lvl 6x) I was disgusted with how AoC was being handled. So disgusted I ditched my 6 month subscription 2 months into it and went to TR. Too bad I couldn't afford TR...such a good game.

And now I'm in WAR. But I'm hoping Funcom will salvage AoC. It had so much potential, excluding the features left out (DX10, PvP system implimentation). Hopefully, since I left in August, Funcom fixed some of the moe major class bugs...or finished the PvP system...

Or something...

You have 6 months sub right, test it. You have obviously missed all the fixes and the PvP system. It's there and it is fun. I am ex-WAR player, how are those rubberband laggs coming along?

• noggy1980noggy1980 Member Posts: 343
    Originally posted by CobraSolidus

Or something...

You have 6 months sub right, test it. You have obviously missed all the fixes and the PvP system. It's there and it is fun. I am ex-WAR player, how are those rubberband laggs coming along?

War is far from perfect but is 10 times more fun than Aoc if you enjoy pvp,

There is no rubberbanding in War and as far as I'm concerned there never has been. I don't think any of the recent mmo's have had rubberbanding, AoC had it for a couple of weeks but that was bug. Of course removing rubberbanding from modern mmo's has downsides because it has opened up more ways to speedhack and teleport hack etc.

I assume you actually mean some mobs and players occasionally appear to teleport short distances due to lag and yes that is still an issue sometimes, it is improved dramatically since the preview weekend though.

War needs quite a few little tweaks here and there like any new mmo does but it's still way more complete than AoC, there is loads to do at every level, open rvr, scenarios, normal quests and public quests and the open party system makes finding people to play with an absolute breeze. I really hope all mmos from now on use their own take on the open party and public quest system.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by noggy1980

Or something...

There is no rubberbanding in War and as far as I'm concerned there never has been. I don't think any of the recent mmo's have had rubberbanding, AoC had it for a couple of weeks but that was bug. Of course removing rubberbanding from modern mmo's has downsides because it has opened up more ways to speedhack and teleport hack etc.

I assume you actually mean some mobs and players occasionally appear to teleport short distances due to lag and yes that is still an issue sometimes, it is improved dramatically since the preview weekend though.

War needs quite a few little tweaks here and there like any new mmo does but it's still way more complete than AoC, there is loads to do at every level, open rvr, scenarios, normal quests and public quests and the open party system makes finding people to play with an absolute breeze. I really hope all mmos from now on use their own take on the open party and public quest system.

I saw this blog entry earlier and felt its a good fit with this thread and what quite a few at saying on the official boards, plus this thread too:

Blogger can be found here: http://ferv0r.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/war-im-not-having-fun/

I’ve been playing WAR for the past week or so and it has utterly failed to grab my attention. This is rare. Usually, for a triple-A game, I get at least a couple weeks of solid entertainment before boredom sets in. For me, WAR has many core problems and honestly, I’m not sure why the game is so appealing to so many people.

1. ‘Old School’ one monster at a time PvE

This is the biggest problem. In Age of Conan (and other recent games like Tabula Rasa, Sword of the New World and Hellgate London) many of your attacks are area based. Most of the PvE encounters are you versus a group of monsters. Facing multiple mobs at one time adds so much complexity to the PvE grind.

Imagine playing a single player action game where you face an endless stream of solo monsters for hours and hours. Imagine God of War or Grand Theft Auto or Mass Effect with only solo encounters. You’d get utterly bored of the game very quickly. The fun comes from managing groups of monsters, positioning yourself properly, managing your resources and most importantly, FEELING HEROIC.

When it’s you versus a group, you are a hero. When you have just enough power to kill a solo monster, you are just a peon…a lowly minion…no one special.

2. Public Quests are just another grind

At first, PQ seemed like a clever idea. Now that I’ve done dozens, I’m utterly bored of them. They are all basically the same. Kill a ton of trash mobs, then kill a dozen stronger mobs, then kill some boss mobs. The only difference is that you do it with a random group of people.

A grind is a grind is a grind. In order to get the rewards from doing PQ’s, you have to grind enough to earn influence or work hard enough and be lucky enough to get a reward. That takes grinding time.

I’m actually starting to think that PQ’s are a lazy way out for the developers to make content. Compared to making a dungeon, a PQ is just a big open space with endlessly spawning monsters. Add a thin (and pointless) storyline and the developer can move on to the next task.

3. Scenarios are too simple and straightforward

I prefer the elven classes (for both Order and Destruction). I’ve done Khaine’s Embrace many times now and I’m SICK TO DEATH of it. Two capture points. Two paths back and forth. That’s it. Very little strategy. Very little variation.

I’ve done the other tier 1 scenarios as well and they are just as simple.

I would much rather do Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin over and over. Both of those are well designed mini-games with quite a lot of variation and strategy. In comparison, the Tier 1 scenarios in WAR are basically zergfests.

PvP is fun. Zerging is fun for a while, but it gets stupid and boring very quickly.

So basically, most of the PvE combat and a primary form of PvP in WAR is utterly boring to me. No wonder I’m not having any fun.

Does WAR magically become far more interesting in later tiers? If I grind myself to utter boredom for a few weeks doing stupid quests, stupidier public quests and simple minigames, can I finally get to the meat of the game?

I’m seriously considering rerolling one of my favorite classes on one of the popular servers in Age of Conan. I can make a Bear Shaman on Cimmeria and have fun killing everyone with the most overpowered PvP class. Of course, endgame content is still severely lacking, but if I take it slow, maybe Funcom (with their new management) will have fixed many of the issues with the game.

The comments make for a good read too

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

I saw this blog entry earlier and felt its a good fit with this thread and what quite a few at saying on the official boards, plus this thread too:
    Blogger can be found here: http://ferv0r.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/war-im-not-having-fun/

I’ve been playing WAR for the past week or so and it has utterly failed to grab my attention. This is rare. Usually, for a triple-A game, I get at least a couple weeks of solid entertainment before boredom sets in. For me, WAR has many core problems and honestly, I’m not sure why the game is so appealing to so many people.
    This is the biggest problem. In Age of Conan (and other recent games like Tabula Rasa, Sword of the New World and Hellgate London) many of your attacks are area based. Most of the PvE encounters are you versus a group of monsters. Facing multiple mobs at one time adds so much complexity to the PvE grind.
    Imagine playing a single player action game where you face an endless stream of solo monsters for hours and hours. Imagine God of War or Grand Theft Auto or Mass Effect with only solo encounters. You’d get utterly bored of the game very quickly. The fun comes from managing groups of monsters, positioning yourself properly, managing your resources and most importantly, FEELING HEROIC.
    When it’s you versus a group, you are a hero. When you have just enough power to kill a solo monster, you are just a peon…a lowly minion…no one special.
    The vast majority of classes have aoe abilitys, in fact by max level I'm sure it's all of them. Personally I think it feels far more heroic to be slaying a huge dragon at level 3 with a dozen other people than the things he describes, you get to do heroic things at every level in war because of how sociable it is.
    At first, PQ seemed like a clever idea. Now that I’ve done dozens, I’m utterly bored of them. They are all basically the same. Kill a ton of trash mobs, then kill a dozen stronger mobs, then kill some boss mobs. The only difference is that you do it with a random group of people.
    A grind is a grind is a grind. In order to get the rewards from doing PQ’s, you have to grind enough to earn influence or work hard enough and be lucky enough to get a reward. That takes grinding time.
    Yes many PQ's are variations on that but how is that different to quests in any other mmo? go here, kill 10 of that, burn 20 tents. All mmo's are like this. PQ's are like this too but you get to do it in a much more social setting, you get to fight harder things than you would with normal solo questing, you have the chance for great items at the end all tailored to your class, and once you fill the inf bar you get 3 guarenteed rewards of your choice again tailored to your class.
    War of course has all the normal quests too but with the pqs on top. Pretty much all AoC leveling is the same as he is complaining about except you do the majority of it solo and when you do want to do things with others it can take a long time to organise. Here its easy, it's way more sociable and leveling is far more varied than AoC because you can level through, pve quests, dungeons, public quests and also you can level through pvp scenarios, open RvR, doing the later two levels both your normal levels and your pvp level.
    Leveling pvp is also far more rewarding than pvp leveling in AoC, in war there is up to 80 pvp levels, you get titles, silly rewards, great armor sets and random drops, you get coin, you get points to spend upgrading your character, you get more tactic abilitys, you get titles.
    There is no fanboy comments from me, I wanted AoC to be the better of the two games, AoC was the one I was looking forward too, city building and seigeing etc, but it was a huge huge disapointment
    I prefer the elven classes (for both Order and Destruction). I’ve done Khaine’s Embrace many times now and I’m SICK TO DEATH of it. Two capture points. Two paths back and forth. That’s it. Very little strategy. Very little variation.
    I would much rather do Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin over and over. Both of those are well designed mini-games with quite a lot of variation and strategy. In comparison, the Tier 1 scenarios in WAR are basically zergfests.
    PvP is fun. Zerging is fun for a while, but it gets stupid and boring very quickly.
    I can't understand where he is coming from here at all, there is 3 different scenarios to do from levels 1-11, 3 more from 11-21, 6 more from 21-31 and then another 6 (I think its 6 not there yet, it will be at least 6 though) from 31-40.
    So thats at least 18 scenarios of all types of variations, some are capture the point, some are capture the flag, some are keep hold of an object, some are take an object around to different places etc etc. There are some very similar to Arathi basin and Warsong Gultch.
    I really can't understand how he can be complaining about War scenarios and then say hes thinking of going back to AoC. There many times the fun and variation in War scenarios compared to AoC. Not to mention how much more rewarding the scenarios are in War.
    So basically, most of the PvE combat and a primary form of PvP in WAR is utterly boring to me. No wonder I’m not having any fun.
    Does WAR magically become far more interesting in later tiers? If I grind myself to utter boredom for a few weeks doing stupid quests, stupidier public quests and simple minigames, can I finally get to the meat of the game?
    I don't see there is grinding in War at all, there is no need to rush to end game so you can pvp etc like in many other games, there is loads of fun and things to do at every level and there is no reason to rush through it.
    I’m seriously considering rerolling one of my favorite classes on one of the popular servers in Age of Conan. I can make a Bear Shaman on Cimmeria and have fun killing everyone with the most overpowered PvP class. Of course, endgame content is still severely lacking, but if I take it slow, maybe Funcom (with their new management) will have fixed many of the issues with the game.
    I have no problem if hes not enjoying the game, no game appeals to everyone, however he is extreamly hypocritical in this post and in nearly all the areas he describes War is better than AoC.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I might agree if I hadn't already spent close to 5 years with zerg PVP (SWG).  Which was made even worse by the NGE. At least prior to that debacle SWG offered risks along with PVP. WAR has nothing at all in place in that regard, it's an endless zerg.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Malickie

I might agree if I hadn't already spent close to 5 years with zerg PVP (SWG).  Which was made even worse by the NGE. At least prior to that debacle SWG offered risks along with PVP. WAR has nothing at all in place in that regard, it's an endless zerg.

I prefer meaningful pvp too which is why I was looking forward to aoc much more than war but they just didn't deliver in anyway on the things I was hoping for and pvp simply isn't meaningful in aoc. so much better to have the easy access, fun, rewarding, varied but not risk pvp from war even if its not the type of pvp I really like.

I was looking forward to building a city that felt like my own and that I cared for and fighting over it, fighting over resources and towers. I guess I was hopeing for shadowbane type pvp with great graphics,  less bugs and some fun pve. Instead the only one of those things we got were graphics. You spend months building a pointless, lifeless empty identikit city and do nothing with it, then make build a cheap copy of the city and fight over it occasionally. Don't get me wrong aoc seiges are fun but it was the only bit of the game that was really and it's only very recently you could actually win a seige. Most of the time you'd log in, chat to friends for a while and log out, it's the most disapointed I've ever been with an mmo and while I'd love to see them turn it around I don't think it's possible anymore. 

Originally posted by Malickie

I prefer meaningful pvp too which is why I was looking forward to aoc much more than war but they just didn't deliver in anyway on the things I was hoping for and pvp simply isn't meaningful in aoc. so much better to have the easy access, fun, rewarding, varied but not risk pvp from war even if its not the type of pvp I really like.

I was looking forward to building a city that felt like my own and that I cared for and fighting over it, fighting over resources and towers. I guess I was hopeing for shadowbane type pvp with great graphics,  less bugs and some fun pve. Instead the only one of those things we got were graphics. You spend months building a pointless, lifeless empty identikit city and do nothing with it, then make build a cheap copy of the city and fight over it occasionally. Don't get me wrong aoc seiges are fun but it was the only bit of the game that was really and it's only very recently you could actually win a seige. Most of the time you'd log in, chat to friends for a while and log out, it's the most disapointed I've ever been with an mmo and while I'd love to see them turn it around I don't think it's possible anymore. 

Fair enough, I'd love to see that in aoc or war myself. I wasn't making an argument that AOC is much better. I will probably be quitting AOC again myself, it's just growing stale on me. A lot of that has to do with populations at present. I also agree no one does anything with their cities, which ruins the experience of even having them. For me I guess it's back to waiting for an indie developer to shake things up. Fallen earth seems to be the game that might just do that, here's to hoping it gets released soon.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

I just had a better time playing Age of Conan.

- The classes were fun

- the quest system was incredible

- the end game raiding and guild envolvement is great

- a bit of grinding, oh well

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Or something...

I’m actually starting to think that PQ’s are a lazy way out for the developers to make content. Compared to making a dungeon, a PQ is just a big open space with endlessly spawning monsters. Add a thin (and pointless) storyline and the developer can move on to the next task.

That the Age of Conan correspondent has nothing to say about about anything other than posting someone elses gripes about War is telling I think. Must be hard finding good things to post about AoC so I feel for you in a way.

AoC shipped out a box with ..not much in it.

War shipped a box with ...omg a game inside it ........can you imagine that? wow.....

How's those server merges working for you?

Originally posted by Syno23

I just had a better time playing Age of Conan.
    - The classes were fun
    - the quest system was incredible
    - the end game raiding and guild envolvement is great
    - a bit of grinding, oh well

Yeah I had the same experience between the two games. It's not that WAR is a horrible game or that AOC is the best game. It's the themes and atmosphere that I found superior in aoc.

Each game given some changes here and there could be great. Add some risk to WAR, I'd definitely play it. Merge some servers in AOC, I'll definitely give it another shot. That just my opinion though, I highly doubt that's going to happen in WAR. I also doubt merges are going to come anytime soon in AOC, even with the recent announcement.

Or something...

Look, no need to sweep anything under the carpet here buddy. I will try WAR again, but not till rubberband Lagg and other is resolved. I was there (just one week ago) so don't tell me it's all ok. Let me also just rattle off crash to desktop and abysmal FPS levels as other issues to work on. At least AoC has most of the performance stuff cleared out of the way now (finally).

Or something...

Look, no need to sweep anything under the carpet here buddy. I will try WAR again, but not till rubberband Lagg and other is resolved. I was there (just one week ago) so don't tell me it's all ok. Let me also just rattle off crash to desktop and abysmal FPS levels as other issues to work on. At least AoC has most of the performance stuff cleared out of the way now (finally).

I wasn't sweeping anything under the carpet, I said there is still lag in war and it sometimes results in mobs or people appearing to teleport however War doesn not have rubberbanding, I think the problem is you're confused about what rubberbanding is. We always used to see it in older mmo's but in modern ones they give the client more responsibility, this opens up the chance of hacks but makes the playing experience much better. There is no rubberbanding in war.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Heh, I actually want my money back. AoC was the worst game Ive ever played. Ive played F2P games that were better. But I guess its a matter of opinion.

Or something...

I wasn't sweeping anything under the carpet, I said there is still lag in war and it sometimes results in mobs or people appearing to teleport however War doesn not have rubberbanding, I think the problem is you're confused about what rubberbanding is. We always used to see it in older mmo's but in modern ones they give the client more responsibility, this opens up the chance of hacks but makes the playing experience much better. There is no rubberbanding in war.

Ok so explain me, A Dwarf is approching me and I fire of a blow and he suddenly disappears to reappear 50 m away. He is still charging me and we start to fight again, then he disappears again... It went on and on like this. Most annoying thing I have had going in a long while besides the grey maps AoC used to have.

• orzoorzo Member Posts: 269

Or something...

Ok so explain me, A Dwarf is approching me and I fire of a blow and he suddenly disappears to reappear 50 m away. He is still charging me and we start to fight again, then he disappears again... It went on and on like this. Most annoying thing I have had going in a long while besides the grey maps AoC used to have.

Well if this were the AoC forums, I would have to ask you why you dont get a new computer or ISP.  Isnt that what was said to so many people who came to the forums fed up with GREY SCREENS?

Some people are like slinkies, they dont really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Rubber banding is when you bounce back, ie you are running forward then suddunly you are teleported back to where you were a few seconds before. This happens when the server has power over the client, you think you have moved but due to the lag the information hasn't gotten to the server, the server then says oi you shouldn't be there and puts you back.

The oposite of that is when the client has power over the server, so the server tells you your oponent is next to you but he runs away, if he is lagging at that point the server won't know he ran away so you will still see him next to you, once the server catches up with his client the server will be told he has moved and so he will teleport. This is how WoW, WaR, AoC, Vanguard etc etc all work. Unfortunatly this means you can use 3rd party programmes etc to teleport around the world. Most the games try to work out if something impossible has happened and deal with it.

Rubber banding is way worse than the latter system which is the reason none of the modern mmo's use the system that creates rubberbanding, it's much less of an immersion breaker to rarely see an enemy move in an unatural way than it is to have your own character bounceing back.

War is a litle laggy on occasion but concidering many of the servers are packed to bursting it's no surprise. I've had a few little teleporting enemy problems myself but it doesn't stop the game being playable. AoC suffered much worse than this, for the first few months in a seige it could be 20+seconds from pressing a button untill the skill happened in seiges it was a mess. Wars autoface system etc means slight lag doesn't cause anywhere near the problem that it does in WoW or AoC where circle strafing + a little lag could make it almost impossible to hit someone.

• GurtelroseGurtelrose Member Posts: 191

I had 13 mates, all buys a copy. We were all of the understanding that AoC was merely a stop-gap between wow and war.

10 of us have cancelled our accounts after the first month.

Three have remained, and they're getting progressively more jilted. One of the guys has never played an MMO to cap before, and is keen to see it out, the other two are playing with him. I expect they'll cancel their accounts next month.

So from my small sample pool of players, its been a 100% cancel rate.

Me? I'm back playing war, my chosen has broken 250 toughness, and seems quite tough now with a path of dread build. All 14 of us bought D2 keys again, and we've been playing D2 again in prep for D3 lol.

I expect AoC will be a single paragraph in wikipedia MMORPG history

Spoils of War - The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by 69Cuda

That the Age of Conan correspondent has nothing to say about about anything other than posting someone elses gripes about War is telling I think. Must be hard finding good things to post about AoC so I feel for you in a way.
    AoC shipped out a box with ..not much in it.
    War shipped a box with ...omg a game inside it ........can you imagine that? wow.....

How's those server merges working for you?

I have a whole post history of comments and topics thanks. I am throwing another opinion out there which might I add is one thats on the increase and matches the OP's. It has its ups and downs.  If WAR works for you then thats great, have fun, I have already posted my thoughts in a thread a few weeks back, the War fans decided to post in another thread and ignore the constructive criticism I had, I guess it was to tough to face.

Considering I probably reside on one of the most populated servers since release (done homework prior to choosing) Server merges don't really effect me personally.

But for those people whom are on less populated servers I am sure will benefit from when the time comes to cross-over. As fellow gamers it can only make things better for them. Much better than some random looking for an argument. I don't need to justify the game I play in order to make disparaging remarks to other players to make myself feel better.

• For me it is a diversion to fill the gap while waiting for WAR. However my patience with the game is wearing thin after 66 levels.

Inconsistant design, bugs and gaps in content are one factor thats turning me off. Another is the plethora of kill quests that even with a full spawn of mobs cannot be satisfied (add a few other players unwilling to join forces in the same location and kill quests become a tedious nightmare of racing to tag targets before others). Then theres the constant kill a named quests, where the named can take up to 15 minutes to spawn (and inevitably then gets tagged by a passer by). Yes you can change instance - but I'm noticing more and more there is only one instance availble (signs of a lower population perhaps?).

My trust in the developers was shattered when in order to "fix farming in a public instance", they made all elites effectively scale, so even one 10 or 20 levels below you can't be easily solo'd. This solution feels like they took a sledgehammer to crack a nut - and now to do any elite group quest, no matter of level, you need a reasonably balanced group. You can't simply outlevel that content and do it in an easy mode anymore.

IMHO, unless Funcom can pull off some major polishing in the next couple of months or so, we could see AoC go the way of AC2 and Auto Assault. It would be a shame though, as they do have an excellent lore in AoC, it just needs to be finished and polished up a lot!

Rubber banding is when you bounce back, ie you are running forward then suddunly you are teleported back to where you were a few seconds before. This happens when the server has power over the client, you think you have moved but due to the lag the information hasn't gotten to the server, the server then says oi you shouldn't be there and puts you back.

The oposite of that is when the client has power over the server, so the server tells you your oponent is next to you but he runs away, if he is lagging at that point the server won't know he ran away so you will still see him next to you, once the server catches up with his client the server will be told he has moved and so he will teleport. This is how WoW, WaR, AoC, Vanguard etc etc all work. Unfortunatly this means you can use 3rd party programmes etc to teleport around the world. Most the games try to work out if something impossible has happened and deal with it.

Rubber banding is way worse than the latter system which is the reason none of the modern mmo's use the system that creates rubberbanding, it's much less of an immersion breaker to rarely see an enemy move in an unatural way than it is to have your own character bounceing back.

War is a litle laggy on occasion but concidering many of the servers are packed to bursting it's no surprise. I've had a few little teleporting enemy problems myself but it doesn't stop the game being playable. AoC suffered much worse than this, for the first few months in a seige it could be 20+seconds from pressing a button untill the skill happened in seiges it was a mess. Wars autoface system etc means slight lag doesn't cause anywhere near the problem that it does in WoW or AoC where circle strafing + a little lag could make it almost impossible to hit someone.

OK, you do not have that much trouble or are willing to wade through more problems than me. It was anyway unplayable on my fairly good PC specced for AoC type of games. I will resub to WAR but they need to do more work on their side. It is not acceptable that a game with lower end graphics and so much focus on gameplay actually run this bad.

• AznmaskAznmask Member Posts: 178

i think it is WOW's fault to make everyone so picky. Nowsday everyone trying to play a game that either similar to WOW or something totally different from WOW.

So they going for AOC, but aoc can't offer the gameplay that was good as WOW. Now ppl betting on WAR. It might be turn out be same as AOC.

Wasn't WOW was 2x time buggy when it was first released?