Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No. 1 AoC fanboi arrived to the MMORPG Forums

Hey People

A friend of mine said that people are talking behind my back in this forum   . I went over and sure as hell, there I see my name. OK, people since you now first dragged me over here to make an account I might aswell just announce that, I am here and that you will get very familiar with my controversial posts in future. My voice is straight up front and it will never be flavoured by other forumposters opinion. I might in fact just start right away by saying:

I think AoC is a fantastic MMO with a bright future.

Reasons: In short FC had the balls to invent rather novel content than rehash old shit.

Post patch 2.0 players, let me hear your thoughts.

Comments

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Only thought I have is how grateful I am for the Block feature on these forums.  Post away, WargPest.  Post away.

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by WargPest

Reasons: In short FC had the balls to invent rather novel content than rehash old shit.

Name three things FC invented for AoC that have never appeared in another game.

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477

I frequent the AoC boards and I have never heard of you. What made you so famous or Infamous on the AoC boards? Are you Protus? He was the only one that I know that people called a Fanboi.

• nightphantomnightphantom Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by pdxgeek

a different combat system

Conan lore

PvP Mini-games

I could probably list more.

Do I win?

• MrTumN3sMrTumN3s Member Posts: 439
    Originally posted by nightphantom

Conan lore

PvP Mini-games

Do I win?

Yes except for the mini-games. They just called it minigames, but its no differernt from battlegrounds or the monster thing from LOTRO.

----------------------------
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

Adding Jedi and Bounty Hunter Starting Classes into the Conan lore... lol

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Conan lore

PvP Mini-games

Do I win?

I can only think of one mmo with lore used in other mmo's and that would be EQ2 which obviously is a sequel so I guess thatgives every mmo out there a point,mini games been there and done that so I guess combat is 1 thing which didn't turn out all that great imho.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• WargPestWargPest Member Posts: 164

Gee you make this too easy

1. Bear Shaman

2. Conqueror

3. Stygian Assasin

4. Pluss all the other classes

Joke asside, the whole new charactersystem in AoC has never been seen before you know how the MMO industry like to fck these orks,elfs and whatever over and over again in the ass and throw out the same classes to the avergare Icannevergetenoughelfuser (cause the system is known and easy to balance. After all gamedevs want to make money and don't want extra trouble just for the sake of trouble). Well AoC punched that behaviour right in the face. Every thing new and no gay-elfs.

If you are looking for more grand statements like AoC designed and implemented stateof the art graphics, A MMO combat system based on guard, dodge and combos which never has been done before even though there have been very poor attempts, a complex and by the way awesome looking fatality system, the smoothest non-clunky combat animations in the industry( I know FC used those sensor suits on real people when making those animations), a best in class story-RP PvE type content, Mass siege and a guild system that reaches fare beyond what the immediate competitors in the industry has in place. Hows that for a starter.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

I played AoC beta and canceled before I had to pay for a month.  Maybe I'll go back, maybe I won't.  Nevertheless, the Bear Shaman and Assassin were taken almost directly from Guild Wars.  Conquerors, were, if I recall correctly, just another melee class.     However, the fatality animations were good, especially with the robe wearing 2-handed weapon using mage class.  Decapitations were fun, the first few hundred times.  (I forget the name of the class.)

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• SirspongySirspongy Member Posts: 66

1. Bear Shaman

2. Conqueror

3. Stygian Assasin

Joke asside, the whole new charactersystem in AoC has never been seen before you know how the MMO industry like to fck these orks,elfs and whatever over and over again in the ass and throw out the same classes to the avergare Icannevergetenoughelfuser (cause the system is known and easy to balance. After all gamedevs want to make money and don't want extra trouble just for the sake of trouble). Well AoC punched that behaviour right in the face. Every thing new and no gay-elfs.

If you are looking for more grand statements like AoC designed and implemented stateof the art graphics, A MMO combat system based on guard, dodge and combo which has not been done before even though there have been very poor attempts, a complex and by the way awesome looking fatality system, a best in class story-RP PvE type content, Mass siege and a guild system that reaches fare beyond what the immediate competitors in the industry has in place. Hows that for a starter.

I cannot tell if you are being serious or facetious.

Originally posted by Sirspongy

1. Bear Shaman

2. Conqueror

3. Stygian Assasin

If you are looking for more grand statements like AoC designed and implemented stateof the art graphics, A MMO combat system based on guard, dodge and combo which has not been done before even though there have been very poor attempts, a complex and by the way awesome looking fatality system, a best in class story-RP PvE type content, Mass siege and a guild system that reaches fare beyond what the immediate competitors in the industry has in place. Hows that for a starter.

What is there to misunderstand? What I am saying is basically FC went a long way to make something out of the ordinary for the MMO communit. The dev team went down a rather idealistic path to get this done. It had to be done sooner or later, otherwise we would have been stuck with elfBS forever. Standing ovation FC, for you taking on the responsibility to develop the MMO genre beyond what is available today. Thanks for going for product, the fun, the new, the "wouldn't it be cool if..", instead of that cheap rehash dollar driven MMO garbage.

• anotheraddicanotheraddic Member CommonPosts: 44

so AoC is revolutionary because it doesn't feature any Tolkien inspired races?  Please don't tell me this is your argument.

As far as the classes go, none of the ones in AoC are that original.  Not saying that they feel stale or anything because the combat system makes everything feel new and fresh, no matter the role your in.  If you were a real fanboi(and who wants to be called that?)  You might mention some of the things that AoC actually did right, such as its healing system.  Offensive healing was something that was new to me when I played AoC and its a pretty unique feature.

There are of course many things they did wrong too, but I'm not here to bash the game, just you.

Originally posted by anotheraddic

so AoC is revolutionary because it doesn't feature any Tolkien inspired races?  Please don't tell me this is your argument.

As far as the classes go, none of the ones in AoC are that original.  Not saying that they feel stale or anything because the combat system makes everything feel new and fresh, no matter the role your in.  If you were a real fanboi(and who wants to be called that?)  You might mention some of the things that AoC actually did right, such as its healing system.  Offensive healing was something that was new to me when I played AoC and its a pretty unique feature.
    There are of course many thing did wrong too, but I'm not here to bash the game, just you.

Well I could, but it's better that people like you come along and point that out. Since you mention fighting again. Do you remember in WOW how you would fight more than 1 mob. First you would kill on e mob (while the others were going insane on you), then you would have to continue with the next and so on. Well in AoC it's not like that. Damage is based on arc of the weapon, when I swing my 2H hammer the whole god damn crowd feel that as my collision system kick in and send those poor FCKrs into the wall. I mean, it's beyond comparison. Have you forgotten this?

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

I'M fanboy #2

• Dracones143Dracones143 Member Posts: 12

Its only new if you play a fighter class if you like to be a mage or summoner its the same as anything else.Plus graphics dont mean nothing if the game play dosnt back it up.Dont get me wrong the game looks good i played it for a few months but then it got to be the same thing over and over.I was a summoner and it sucked ya they had nice summones but they didnt hold the agro like they should instead they have it the other way around.All the spells you get make it so the enemy will leave your summones alone and go for the caster that makes no sence whats the point in haveing these things fight for you if you. You have to worry about the enemy going after you when you send your guys out but you cant be strong in cloth you no what i mean.

• SirspongySirspongy Member Posts: 66

1. Bear Shaman

2. Conqueror

3. Stygian Assasin

What is there to misunderstand? What I am saying is basically FC went a long way to make something out of the ordinary for the MMO communit. The dev team went down a rather idealistic path to get this done. It had to be done sooner or later, otherwise we would have been stuck with elfBS forever. Standing ovation FC, for you taking on the responsibility to develop the MMO genre beyond what is available today. Thanks for going for product, the fun, the new, the "wouldn't it be cool if..", instead of that cheap rehash dollar driven MMO garbage.

You do realize that Funcom developed and published Anarchy Online, which was much more original and fun to play than AoC? I had such high hopes for AoC because of how well Anarchy Online turned out. Anarchy Online is pretty dated in terms of graphic but Funcom is updating the graphics engine for Anarchy Online to that of the AoC graphic engine.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Skooma2

I played AoC beta and canceled before I had to pay for a month.  Maybe I'll go back, maybe I won't.  Nevertheless, the Bear Shaman and Assassin were taken almost directly from Guild Wars.  Conquerors, were, if I recall correctly, just another melee class.     However, the fatality animations were good, especially with the robe wearing 2-handed weapon using mage class.  Decapitations were fun, the first few hundred times.  (I forget the name of the class.)

I too played in beta and got the heck out of there before FC got a dollar of my money.

I played a Conqueror as well and was not impressed at all by anything about the class or about the game in general.

The only thing I saw in AoC that I haven't seen in any other MMO was their combat system. I seriously do hope that we NEVER see a combat system like that again. Worst combat system EVER.

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

Conan lore

PvP Mini-games

Do I win?

This post is funny.

Things FC INVENTED:

a different combat system...no it has appeared in other console games for many years just adapted to MMO play.

Conan Lore...so the books in the store have the devs listed as the authors amirite?

PvP Mini Games... I am not even gonna answer this one. And even if they did for sake of argument I thought the games shining pvp purpose was to capture another giulds keep to call your own??? BUT PVPZZZMini games rulezzz k got it.

Some other brainchild listed the classes bear shaman stygian assassin and dark templar:

Bear Shaman = Human hybrid healer/mellee class

Assasin = Human rogue

DT = Human Tank/Offtank class.

How about these three things:

1. A unique and exiting zone unseen before called the "Wasteland of empy quests"

2. The combo of Crash to Desktop crits you for one PC reboot.

3. A new breed of PR guy that releases a statement regarding OOM errors / lag spikes telling people with 4000$ gaming rigs that their computers are old and shoddy and that is why they can't play thier technical marvel.

4. Just in case someone feels these points are debatable how about the New and original Customer support function they implemented at launch: You know the one you send your e-mail to the Lighthouse for the Blind.

On a positive note I think this craig guy will help the game a great deal and am glad to hear he has slapped some people around to get you guys the server merges that the players need. I am sure all 8 of you will be better off.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

But...Aoc is the same old  rehashed rubbish, but with more instances and a lame 123 combat system that tries to mislead you to believe its different. Instead of clicking a ability to use it you now have to hit 3 keys in a order to do an an ability in AOC, it's becomes tedious, but play to level 40 and beyond. Then come back and let us know what you think of Age of instances.

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

Meh

Even Dark & Light had their rapid fanboys. To be honest, they made more sense.

• bluegoo2bluegoo2 Member Posts: 72

@OP... You've got to be kidding, lmao.

AoC is fail, you are fail, and don't you have work in the morning? Only a FC employee could speak this highly of this POS game.

• HaynsoulHaynsoul Member Posts: 21

• PHInnocentPHInnocent Member Posts: 47

Well I could, but it's better that people like you come along and point that out. Since you mention fighting again. Do you remember in WOW how you would fight more than 1 mob. First you would kill on e mob (while the others were going insane on you), then you would have to continue with the next and so on. Well in AoC it's not like that. Damage is based on arc of the weapon, when I swing my 2H hammer the whole god damn crowd feel that as my collision system kick in and send those poor FCKrs into the wall. I mean, it's beyond comparison. Have you forgotten this?

You think AoE melee with knockback is somehow revolutionary? You're even more delusional than I thought of.

And about the elves... did an elf molest you and take the cookies and milk you had planted there for Santa? Your hatred towards elves certainly sounds like it.

P.S. If I went too far, I hope some mod edits that last paragraph away.

• ImjinImjin Member Posts: 366

1. Bear Shaman

2. Conqueror

3. Stygian Assasin

I have to agree. They did make something out of the ordinary for the MMO community. as a matter of fact it will go down in history

Fungerer som det skal

• phluuxphluux Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by Imjin

They did make something out of the ordinary for the MMO community. as a matter of fact it will go down in history

Yes it will... just not the way that Funcom had hoped.

This discussion has been closed.