Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ok, horribly desperate, looked everywhere

covislayercovislayer Member Posts: 4

ok, im looking for something along the lines of runescape. i dont care if its java or download or whatever, but im not a large combat fan. i want the skills. mining woodcutting fletching crafting ect. i cant find anything, and everthing i do find is all pvp this and pk that and all cb based. any suggestions. oh f2p cuz im only 16 and cant do anything else.

Comments

• ZodiaEclipseZodiaEclipse Member Posts: 100

Could check out Mabinogi. I haven't really played around with it much, but it seems like they have other stuff to do besides combat and its F2P. Graphics aren't anything to write home about, but if you're into Runescape that shouldn't matter.

Hope you find something.

• covislayercovislayer Member Posts: 4

i tried before posting but ran into alot of download problems.. i was very interested in it too=/ thank you tho i might retry downloading it.

i tried before posting but ran into alot of download problems.. i was very interested in it too=/ thank you tho i might retry downloading it

• ragnarokekragnarokek Member Posts: 134

yep mabinogi, but be warned, the game is free to play, but you will never advance in the game unless you spend on rebirthing. and if you want to be a crafter, you cant sell your stuff unless you buy from the item mall that enables you to open a personal shop. your warehouse slots and inventory are limited, unless you buy extra storage from the item mall.

and if you are not from north america, you have to use a proxy to play coz its ip blocked.

do i have to mention the bots and gold spammers?

i used to love playing mabinogi, but then i realized its free-to-play but not free-to-enjoy.

• scott21493scott21493 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by ragnarokek

yep mabinogi, but be warned, the game is free to play, but you will never advance in the game unless you spend on rebirthing. and if you want to be a crafter, you cant sell your stuff unless you buy from the item mall that enables you to open a personal shop. your warehouse slots and inventory are limited, unless you buy extra storage from the item mall.
    and if you are not from north america, you have to use a proxy to play coz its ip blocked.
    do i have to mention the bots and gold spammers?
    i used to love playing mabinogi, but then i realized its free-to-play but not free-to-enjoy.

You can't expect a game to make money by giving everything away for free.  If you expect a quality game that you can do everything and get everything for free then you are in some sort of fantasy world.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Mabinogi requires you to pay alot of cash each month and the closest thing you'll find to runescape would be sandbox games like EVE and Ryzom, I myself was a hardcore runescape player and these two games were the only one that interested me

are eve and ryzom f2p?

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by covislayer

are eve and ryzom f2p?

eve no and ryzom is free till october and goes back to p2p

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

eve is p2p, ryzom is f2p for now.. it will go p2p eventually

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• mstrsrevatimstrsrevati Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by 3on1

In regards to Ryzom, you say it's free to play , but isn't that just the newbie island area? I thought you were stuck there indefinitely or until you pay for the game monthly? I am curious because I'd be willing to give it another shot if I could actually see another part of the game besides the newbie area.  THanks for any information anyone can give me.

For the Op, I totally understand where you are coming from about the combat in most mmos.  I've heard that Maplestory is a fun f2p game with crafting, I haven't tried it myself because I am picky about graphics but it might be one to try.  Good luck in your crafting quest, I myself haven't found a good game with good crafting since I played Star Wars Galaxies.  But there's got to be something out there for you , don't give up!

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

How does maple story have crafting? and Ryzom went completely free like 2 months ago i think and would stay free for sure until then end of october

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by mstrsrevati

Originally posted by 3on1

In regards to Ryzom, you say it's free to play , but isn't that just the newbie island area? I thought you were stuck there indefinitely or until you pay for the game monthly? I am curious because I'd be willing to give it another shot if I could actually see another part of the game besides the newbie area.  THanks for any information anyone can give me.

For the Op, I totally understand where you are coming from about the combat in most mmos.  I've heard that Maplestory is a fun f2p game with crafting, I haven't tried it myself because I am picky about graphics but it might be one to try.  Good luck in your crafting quest, I myself haven't found a good game with good crafting since I played Star Wars Galaxies.  But there's got to be something out there for you , don't give up!

Ryzom will most likely be totaly free to play till the end of the year (do some research) I been playing now for bout 2 months and am slowly but surely becoming addicted. Ryzom is perhaps the most complex game ever programed. Do not leave the island until you do everything because when you do you will defenitly be overwhelmed quickly. Learn all you can while on the island of nooblets lol.

Step into my worlds>>> http://www.vimeo.com/1725194    >>>   http://www.vimeo.com/1607994